Robes

Givershizzle

There are not to many good robes to be found here in Calgary. Not sure why but thanks anyway wyle.

Sorry.. it was just that you did not say where you were.. male or female... price range... Kinda hard to help... and I have the same problem.. but not convinced that clothes or robes even should be bought over internet.. hard enough to get things that fit when you can try them on in stores.

added thought.. I have posted before.. I use a fluffy jacket with a hood.. extra long

seems to be less breeze for me than a robe running for the house.

We've been looking at adding robes to our lineup but are faced with a quandry. We can really only sell high-end like that earlier link to Tisseron. The big box stores have the $40 robes covered and they do it well. We can get some really nice (heavy and absorbant) robes like those found is high-end spas but would have to retail them for $85-$150 a pop. Haven't pulled the trigger yet as we wonder what the market for that price point is. As for your question (sorry for the mini-highjack), that Tisseron site looks to have nice robes. I was also impressed with the Hotel collection at Macy's.

We've been looking at adding robes to our lineup but are faced with a quandry. We can really only sell high-end like that earlier link to Tisseron. The big box stores have the $40 robes covered and they do it well. We can get some really nice (heavy and absorbant) robes like those found is high-end spas but would have to retail them for $85-$150 a pop. Haven't pulled the trigger yet as we wonder what the market for that price point is. As for your question (sorry for the mini-highjack), that Tisseron site looks to have nice robes. I was also impressed with the Hotel collection at Macy's.

I looked on eBay, sometimes you can pick up hooded robes for a pretty good price, just watch the sizing. Check this item # out as an example: 290262968065

Just the fact that this thread was started shows there is a market. I have been selling robes for many years. We sell quite a few especially at this time of year. They make great christmas presents. Our best selling robe is a large thick terry robe that is one size fits all. Keep in mind you can sell a robe at any price point. The box stores you talk about do not have one thing that you can offer. Have the robes embroidered with the spa name on them.

How many items does Harley sell to its customers after the bike? How many people have a ford, chevey, john deere, -hat, jacket, t-shirt etc.

We also sell high end matching towels, they are also embroidered. I think if you have a good quality item and you display it well, there will be a customer.

Our best selling robe is a large thick terry robe that is one size fits all.

"One size fits all"? I hate that. I am 6'3", 260lbs, my Wife is 5'7", 110lbs. There is no garment that fits us both.

I agree.

I remember back in the day when I had a really thick terry cloth robe with a hood. The quality was top notch and it cost $65. Those days are over.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got the wife one from,, I'll check the store name,, its a smaller store in the mall sells scented soap stuff,, wife drags me in there all the time, gets soap for the bath, kitchen etc,, body lotions etc.. most malls around here have one on each floor.. They are selling a hooded long terry robe for 29 that is just as thick(but softer) as the 125 buck one at macy's,, just wish it was made to fit a mans physique.. its a little tight..

Just got the wife one from,, I'll check the store name,, its a smaller store in the mall sells scented soap stuff,, wife drags me in there all the time, gets soap for the bath, kitchen etc,, body lotions etc.. most malls around here have one on each floor.. They are selling a hooded long terry robe for 29 that is just as thick(but softer) as the 125 buck one at macy's,, just wish it was made to fit a mans physique.. its a little tight..

Have you gotten the store name? This would be a great gift!

When my friends got a new tub my wife and I made 6 robes for them out of Beach towels. It took 3 towels per robe, so if you use a large good quality towel it is not cheap. But they are unique :P We mix and matched patterns.

Now 4 years later and we just got a new swim spa and fired it up this weekend. My friend caught me walking out of her house with "My" robe :o and asked where I was going :huh: I said it was just until I conne.... talked my wife into making ones for us. Nope, I didn't make it to the car.

The name of the store was bath & body works..

I tried the wifes robe on last night,, it was small,, but it was the small one,, she said she is going to go buy the xl and see if that would fit Me.. Its just grey,, you can get it in pink too I think,, but for mine I'll stick to grey,, and if it doesnt fit It will be a loaner if ever needed..

I purchased six spa robes, some just terry, some terry velour, some with hoods, somewithout. Paid just under $200 total including shipping. Arrived in less than a week from California (live in upstate NY). Excellent quality, thick and warm. We basically do not use any towels, just the robes. Purchased them from www.towelbathrobe.com

Did you purchase the terry cloth or the waffle robes? I am looking for a quality robe that is warm. I am about 6'1'', so want to make sure they are big enough also?

I purchased six spa robes, some just terry, some terry velour, some with hoods, somewithout. Paid just under $200 total including shipping. Arrived in less than a week from California (live in upstate NY). Excellent quality, thick and warm. We basically do not use any towels, just the robes. Purchased them from www.towelbathrobe.com

Purchased the TERRY LUBE SHAWL robe for me - about $30. I'm 5'10" and it hangs well past my knees.

The wife got the HOODED TERRY SHAWL VELOUR - about $40. She loves the hood, but it feels less absorbant to me. The terry shawl robe dries me nicely, and I'll wear it for hours afterwards without feeling like I'm wet, or leaving a wet spot on the couch.

Did you purchase the terry cloth or the waffle robes? I am looking for a quality robe that is warm. I am about 6'1'', so want to make sure they are big enough also?

Just got my robes from Thirsty Towels. I got the 16oz spa robes. Very thick, 100% cotton. The xs/petite is a bit smaller than the description. I'll save that one for guests. :lol: Now, I have to see if the OSFM (One Size Fits Most) will fit the hubby (he's 6 ft).

When my friends got a new tub my wife and I made 6 robes for them out of Beach towels. It took 3 towels per robe, so if you use a large good quality towel it is not cheap. But they are unique :P We mix and matched patterns.

Now 4 years later and we just got a new swim spa and fired it up this weekend. My friend caught me walking out of her house with "My" robe :o and asked where I was going :huh: I said it was just until I conne.... talked my wife into making ones for us. Nope, I didn't make it to the car.

I'd love to see a picture of these 'robes'. Could be fun project......

I'd love to see a picture of these 'robes'. Could be fun project......

Sorry it took me a bit to get 3 of the robes together for a photo 'op not sure how to post on this forum but here goes.

robes004cropped-defaced.jpg

robes002cropped.jpg

Each robe takes 3 towels with some leftover. we split one down the middle for the 2 front pieces and another for the back then one for the arms. These have worked well and are 4 years old, one was blown apart by hard use and big sholders.

Now we need to make some for our new tub :unsure: