Wilkes pool deck

Guest Guest

Hello all,

I have a Wilkes pool and the vinyl is splitting and cracking all over the deck. I spock to Lloyd at Wilkes pool and he will not return my emails or phone calls. I was told there is a vinyl paint you can purchase to repair the deck fby a Gibraltor dealer but Wilkes will not help me. Does anyone know of this repair meterial? And if so, where I can find it?

After reading all these emails I am getting a bad feeling with this pool. My wife and I bought it from here cousin down the street and I was told the warranty is void..

Hi Rich,

We had a Wilkes "Genesis" pool installed in our yard. The contractor who did the work did a sloppy job and now less than 3 years later our pool is collapsing. We spoke with Lloyd also. We hoped their company would stand by the 25 year warranty or at least make the Authorized Dealer come back and make the repairs, but we had no such luck. Wilkes would'nt even sell us the parts so we could hire someone else to repair our pool because they only sell their pools and parts to Authorized dealers.The only Authorized dealer in our area is the contractor who installed our pool. It's really unbelievable that Wilkes isn't standing behind their product. I hope you find what you need to repair your pool. It's looking like we may have to take ours down because it now seems unrepairable.

Good Luck!!

Lisa

• 2 years later...
Hello all,

I have a Wilkes pool and the vinyl is splitting and cracking all over the deck. I spock to Lloyd at Wilkes pool and he will not return my emails or phone calls. I was told there is a vinyl paint you can purchase to repair the deck fby a Gibraltor dealer but Wilkes will not help me. Does anyone know of this repair meterial? And if so, where I can find it?

After reading all these emails I am getting a bad feeling with this pool. My wife and I bought it from here cousin down the street and I was told the warranty is void..

Hello all,

Hi Happy Pool Owner,

I just left a Wilkes Pool an hour ago.

The decking around the pool was plywood with a vinyl coating on the top surface. Is that the same as your deck or do you have aluminum decking?

The vinyl was peeling over the entire deck.

My advice is scrap it all off and buy a light colored (white) marine paint.

Though you might have to repaint every few years, you probably won't have much better results with a vinyl paint.

Also, if you are thinking of carpet (I know you didn't say so) don't.

The carpet will collect much water/moisture and promote plywood rotting.

Forget the warranty. Wilkes has a 40 year warranty on the structure. I am sure the coating on the deck doesn't have the same warranty. If you put the pool up correctly, the pool will last until the aluminum parts are heavily corroded. The plywood decking is another story.

Hi Rich,

We had a Wilkes "Genesis" pool installed in our yard. The contractor who did the work did a sloppy job and now less than 3 years later our pool is collapsing. We spoke with Lloyd also. We hoped their company would stand by the 25 year warranty or at least make the Authorized Dealer come back and make the repairs, but we had no such luck. Wilkes would'nt even sell us the parts so we could hire someone else to repair our pool because they only sell their pools and parts to Authorized dealers.The only Authorized dealer in our area is the contractor who installed our pool. It's really unbelievable that Wilkes isn't standing behind their product. I hope you find what you need to repair your pool. It's looking like we may have to take ours down because it now seems unrepairable.

Good Luck!!

Lisa

Why is it collapsing?

Is your pool partially in the ground?

Hi Rich,

Good Luck!!

Lisa

Why is it collapsing?

Is your pool partially in the ground?

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

Hello all,

You have purchased a used pool and moved it. That is why the warranty is void. The warranty is specifically for the original owner at the original location. Becasue the pool is moved thus causing possible liability becasue of incorrect install how can you expect a compnay to honor the warranty. As far as the old style of decking, you can convert the pool decking to the current style of pool that uses aluminum decking.

Hi Rich,

Good Luck!!

Lisa

Lisa, Retail pool dealers that sell Wilkes Pool's are independent companies. They cannot be "compelled" to do something. You have purchased a pool from a company. You should focus on that company for your help vs blaming the manufactuer. How can Wilkes, a manufactuer fix your pool in the field. You need to focus on the "dealer" as that is your issue.

Lisa, Retail pool dealers that sell Wilkes Pool's are independent companies. They cannot be "compelled" to do something. You have purchased a pool from a company. You should focus on that company for your help vs blaming the manufactuer. How can Wilkes, a manufactuer fix your pool in the field. You need to focus on the "dealer" as that is your issue.

This post is nearly 5 years old.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Good Afternoon everyone

I guess I'm feeling everyone's pain about dealing with Wilkes/Gibraltar. Our 15' X 24' Genesis pool collapsed last week!! On the side farthest from the wooden deck, the corner collapsed and took down the side of the pool. The original owners of the house had the pool put in 1999, and has remained on the property. It was properly filled and we were in the process of opening it for spring. Woke up one day to find the corner blown out and water drained. I don't think i'ts under warranty since I'm not the original owner. I know Gibraltar installs these Wilkes pools so I'm wondering who to contact. The pool really shouldn't be collapsing after 15 years, regardless of wear and tear. I'm sure each of these companies are going to say the other is responsible, so I might just file a complaint with the BBB. Any suggestions?

P.S. I wish I could upload some pics of the damage for reference, but I don't think this has the capability

• 4 weeks later...

Good Afternoon everyone

I guess I'm feeling everyone's pain about dealing with Wilkes/Gibraltar. Our 15' X 24' Genesis pool collapsed last week!! On the side farthest from the wooden deck, the corner collapsed and took down the side of the pool. The original owners of the house had the pool put in 1999, and has remained on the property. It was properly filled and we were in the process of opening it for spring. Woke up one day to find the corner blown out and water drained. I don't think i'ts under warranty since I'm not the original owner. I know Gibraltar installs these Wilkes pools so I'm wondering who to contact. The pool really shouldn't be collapsing after 15 years, regardless of wear and tear. I'm sure each of these companies are going to say the other is responsible, so I might just file a complaint with the BBB. Any suggestions?

P.S. I wish I could upload some pics of the damage for reference, but I don't think this has the capability

If I understand right, one of the representatives of Wilkes posted in this thread before. Maybe you can try to get in touch with him by PM? Although it would be more interesting if he could help you out by replying to this forum topic...

• 7 years later...