Alot of questions, Please help

Guest Ryan Moore

Guest Ryan Moore

I am looking into a new spa and have compiled alot of questions about the different brands. I am here in Sacramento California and very rarely does it get below 30 -40 degrees. I am curious, full foam or partial foam?

Also, the brands I have seen that I like are, Master, Coast, Cal Spas, Elite. Are any of these good? I like the idea of a steel frame. I have looked at D-1 and Sundance but to be hones dont like any of their layouts. I was considering buying one of these at the fair but decided that the showroom may be a better route.

Approx, how much should it cost to get the wiring done with the GFCI box? (running approx 50-60 ft from the electrical box) Standard new home with small backyard.

Well, I guess thats all for right now.

Guest hottub.pool_boy

In connecticut it runs about $400-$600. or go to your local building dept., if you're handy, take out a permit and the building official will give you the guidance you need to do it yourself. Think about a HotSpring or TigerRiver.

Master Spas is a good line. I dont know much about Cal or Coast, but havent seen very good info on them on the various spa sites.

I would call around on the electrical. Prices will really vary. If you can do a lot of the work yourself, it would be a savings, and just have the electrician make the connections.

• 1 month later...

Our electrical installs - 220v/50a with sub panel - run from $300 for right next to the main electrical panel, to $1700 to upgrade to a 200 amp main house panel and connect to the tub with subpanel.

If you're open to suggestions, perhaps you might like one of Arctic's designs. They have a dealer in Sacramento. Galleria Billiards and Spas is the place. For Arctic, frame is irrelevant as the shell will fully support the water without a frame. But as a side note, spas have been successfully manufactured with both wood and metal frames so regardless of the brand, I would put that far down on your list. I would focus on trying to wet test a few and let that be your guide. By wet testing several brands/models, you will find a spa in which you fit well and whose jets feel "right" to you. If you are considering a lounge, a wet test becomes more important and these often fit a narrow range of people or the design causes excessive floating. If you are wondering, I own the Tundra.