How Do You Clean Scale Buildup At Water Line

sharon100

Hi all,

I posted this in the general forum and didn't receive any replies...so I thought I'd try it here. I need help with removing a scale deposit at the water line of my spa.

Last winter I let the balance of my water get away from me for too many reasons to list, including a failed cover that was growing all sorts things on it. :o

Anyway, I couldn't keep the TA and Ph balanced and overloaded the spa with baking soda causing extremely high Ph and TA. Needless to say it caused a scale formation around the water line of the spa (not too mention ruining the heater element). :angry:

The ring of scale is pretty unsightly and last time I drained the tub I tried using Lime Away, but it didn't touch most of the scale.

Any suggestions as to what I can use to remove this? I am planning on draining and refilling sometime in the next month and would really like to clean it up. BTW it is a textured fiberglass shell.

Thanks in advance

Hi all,

I posted this in the general forum and didn't receive any replies...so I thought I'd try it here. I need help with removing a scale deposit at the water line of my spa.

Last winter I let the balance of my water get away from me for too many reasons to list, including a failed cover that was growing all sorts things on it. :o

Anyway, I couldn't keep the TA and Ph balanced and overloaded the spa with baking soda causing extremely high Ph and TA. Needless to say it caused a scale formation around the water line of the spa (not too mention ruining the heater element). :angry:

The ring of scale is pretty unsightly and last time I drained the tub I tried using Lime Away, but it didn't touch most of the scale.

Any suggestions as to what I can use to remove this? I am planning on draining and refilling sometime in the next month and would really like to clean it up. BTW it is a textured fiberglass shell.

Thanks in advance

Prevention is the best way. Use Spa Metal Gone when you fill it and Spa Defender weekly.

Thanks for your response. I understand prevention is the best way. As I explained I had a bit of trouble with balancing the water last winter which created this issue.

I always use Metal-X upon fresh fill and and also use it weekly as maintenance, but it hasn't helped with the current deposit. My question is since I already have scale deposits at the water line what can I use to remove it? Just putting Spa Defender in weekly will remove what's already there?

Thanks in advance,

Sharon