Need Help....

tara

My husband and I want to get an inground pool put in our backyard. Right now I've been doing research and I've aleady made a list of qustions to ask the pool companies. Now I just need to pick some companies to call.

Can anyone recommend any builders in the Clear Lake/Houston Texas area? Has anyone heard anything about Platinum Pools, Lagna Pools, Rainey Pool Company, or Blue Haven?

Thanks!

I've heard good things about Platinum as far as the pools they build. I think they're a little more expensive than other builders. Just make sure you and your hubby look like you have money and tell them you're ready to dig next month. My wife and I didn't exude either trait and we were politely brushed aside. The sales guy also quoted us 45 to 60K without even coming out to our house when every other builder was telling us 35K. They have a showroom somewhere on the west side - eldridge maybe? It's amazing how one bad salesman - and there are many in the houston area - can taint your perspective of the whole company.

My husband and I want to get an inground pool put in our backyard. Right now I've been doing research and I've aleady made a list of qustions to ask the pool companies. Now I just need to pick some companies to call.

Can anyone recommend any builders in the Clear Lake/Houston Texas area? Has anyone heard anything about Platinum Pools, Lagna Pools, Rainey Pool Company, or Blue Haven?

Thanks!

[i can inform you of a company NOT to use Garrett Vinyl Pools Inc. owner Ken Garrett in Houston. We have an in ground pool for 10 years. We requested in June he replace our vinyl liner. Mr. Garrett took wrong measurements. When his workers came out to install. it was 2 feet too long. They left it with 1 feet opening on 2 sides. Before Mr. Garrett reorded the correct lining we had heavy rains. Water got behind the lining and we now have destroyed pool walls. Mr. Garrett has done nothing to this day to acknowledge his wrong doing. We had someone come do an estimate they informed us the pool can not be repaired we need to start over with a new pool. He also has not retuned any portion of our money. We have pictures to show the mess he left behind. We were not able to use the pool the entire summer. I thought companies would be bonded with some type insurance he has offered no help. Please Stay Away from Garrett Vinyl Pool Inc.

• 1 month later...

Thanks!

• 1 year later...

I do not know of the contractors you mention. I can only caution you to avoid H20 Pools from Cypress Texas owned and (apparently soley) operated by Art Ramirez. He is a one man show - no storefront and few assets that you could go after in a lawsuit. We are in month 8 since contract signing and our pool is not complete. I suppose we should count our blessings that we do have a swimmable pool. but the sanitation system is not commisioned, half of the spa jets don't work and the Polaris has not been installed. We get lots of excuses but little action. Go with an outfit with a storefront and multiple employees - they have more to lose and should perform better.