Question For Waterbear

camfam

Waterbear,

I have read various posts regarding hot tub chemicals. I am currently using Ez Spa once a week, along with dichlor for a once a week shock, and renew after each tub use. My question to you is, should I continue using the Ez Spa product? It seems to be working very well, but I'm not sure if it is necessary. Other than the weekly maintenance listed above, I only use, metal gone and PH+ and PH balance when filling the tub. Once my ph is locked I only have to do my weekly routine to keep my tub clean and clear and balanced. I would like to hear your opinion on what I am using. You seem to have a good background on chemicals and I would appreciate any advice you can give me.

Thanks,

Camfam

P.S. Also, should I use the dichlor after each tub use instead of Renew? What's the difference?

P.S.S. Here's a link to the Ez Spa product if needed... http://www.ordinis.com/chemistry/ez_spa.htm

Waterbear,

I have read various posts regarding hot tub chemicals. I am currently using Ez Spa once a week, along with dichlor for a once a week shock, and renew after each tub use. My question to you is, should I continue using the Ez Spa product? It seems to be working very well, but I'm not sure if it is necessary. Other than the weekly maintenance listed above, I only use, metal gone and PH+ and PH balance when filling the tub. Once my ph is locked I only have to do my weekly routine to keep my tub clean and clear and balanced. I would like to hear your opinion on what I am using. You seem to have a good background on chemicals and I would appreciate any advice you can give me.

Thanks,

Camfam

P.S. Also, should I use the dichlor after each tub use instead of Renew? What's the difference?

P.S.S. Here's a link to the Ez Spa product if needed... http://www.ordinis.com/chemistry/ez_spa.htm

You don't need EZ spa if you're using DiChlor weekly and Renew before or after each use. The advantage of Renew is no chlorine. But, use DiChlor in a small amout weekly and you'll be in great shape.

Waterbear,

Thanks,

Camfam

P.S.S. Here's a link to the Ez Spa product if needed... http://www.ordinis.com/chemistry/ez_spa.htm [/quote

I am leary of any product that does not list it's ingredients nor provide a MSDS. There is no way to know exactly what you are putting into your water. From what I have been able to read on the website you still need to use bromine or chlorine with it and it seems to be nothing more than a combination of oxizider (MPS or sodium persulfate most likely) and who know what else is in this product? If you maintain your spa with Dichlor you really don't need much else if you keep your water balanced. the renew is MPS (non chlorine shock). the dichlor will work just as well if not better.