quikpure ozone generator

Guest shane

I have a ozone generator made by A&A mfg and installed by Shasta pools. The generator stopped working. Is there a way to test the bulb and the ballast to see which one is bad and does anyone know where I can purchase this item without going through Shasta. Thank you.

ShaNE

I had the same issue with an ozonator for my spa. I am not sure if a spa vs. pool ozonator makes a dirfference but My just stop working one day. I was confused because I would think the ozonator would but out less over time before it would stop so I called the spa guy to come look at it.

It turns out, with mine, that there are two check valves between the ozonator and the output. Over time ozone builds up a white sticky substance in that delivery tube. This can clog the tube like cholesterol and the stickiness can foul the check valves up as well.

He changed the tube carrying the ozone to the spa and told me to buy a few extra check valves. He said that 90% of the time people just buy a new ozonator when they dont really need one. After he changed the hose the bubbles came out as much as they did the first day we installed the spa.

This may not be your case but it doesnt help to look into it before you spend a lot of money.