Refresh Spa After 4 Years Questions

We have a Sundance Spa that is 4 years old and I have decided to do more than the usual refill and reset up that I do every 3-4 months.

We have hard well water and I feel that the jets simply arent as powerful any longer and hard water calcium deposits and some scum has built up. Also just plain harder to get the water to that nice clean smelling (non chemical) and clear (not tinted) look.

So I picked up some Spa Purge as a start. Drained the tub yesterday and refilled. Put in the Spa Purge today and will empty again tomorrow.

Any other items suggested? For the past 4 years have basically used the same stuff.

Bromine for sanitizer

Lots of PH Down to get the PH Low enough.

A chemical to get the Metal/Mineral deposits out.

Clarifier

Any thing else suggested? I also picked up some Spa Perfect as well today.

Also saw something about simply putting in the Metal out chemical and letting system run for a day before I do anything else. Can anyone supply details?

We have a Sundance Spa that is 4 years old and I have decided to do more than the usual refill and reset up that I do every 3-4 months.

We have hard well water and I feel that the jets simply arent as powerful any longer and hard water calcium deposits and some scum has built up. Also just plain harder to get the water to that nice clean smelling (non chemical) and clear (not tinted) look.

So I picked up some Spa Purge as a start. Drained the tub yesterday and refilled. Put in the Spa Purge today and will empty again tomorrow.

Any other items suggested? For the past 4 years have basically used the same stuff.

Bromine for sanitizer

Clarifier

Also saw something about simply putting in the Metal out chemical and letting system run for a day before I do anything else. Can anyone supply details?

I suggest to use "shock" or mps once or twice a week (depending on usage) to assist your sanitizer. If you are using bromine... it is suggested to establish a "base" or "foundation" with sodium bromide prior to adding bromine in granular or tablet form. You may want to check your manual to see if there are any suggestions on how to "clean" your jets. This is usually recommended at least once a year. Also... when you are done using your spa...make sure that all of the jets are in the "open" position to make sure that the water will move through each of the plumbing lines when the spa runs the pumps periodically. This will help stop stuff from building up behind jets that are closed and causing stagnant water which could possibly be causing someof your challenges. Hope that helps! best of luck!

Bromine for sanitizer

Clarifier

Tyr a product called Swirl Away. It will foam up like crazy, but will clean a lot of gunk out of your lines.