How Long Do You Stay In Your Tub In A Given Session?

spa_newb

How long in the tub  

42 members have voted

1. 1. How long do you sit in your tub?

• 15 minutes or less
    • 16-30 minutes
    • 31-45 minutes
    • 45-60 minutes
    • longer than an hour

30 to 60 usually but on the weekends if I have friends over and people are drinking (not myself as I don't drink but I do stay in and chat) it can stretch into several hours with 6 been the most I think we've ever done in one straight session.

Is it dangerous to stay in for an hour? I can see my self staying in for 30-60 minutes a pop, I never like to get out....

Generally, the hotter the water, the shorter the soak. I keep my spa at 102 and normally stay in 20 - 30 minutes. I use it almost daily.

Depending on outside temp and spa temp. Usually if it is hot outside and the spa temp is 99-100 then 45min. to an hour. However if it is hot outside and the temp creeps up to 103-104 then 15-20 mins. If it is cold outside then 99-100 is too cool. 101-102 seems to be good for a hour of soaking any time. My Doctor recomends for my condition the 102-103 temp range so time spent in tub really has alot to do with the temp of the water by one or two degrees and the outside temp for your body to regulate its own temp from exposed skin to the ambiant air. This also depends on how far down in the water your body is in the spa. Water up to your neck gives your body less to control its internal temp than if the water is up to your chest. So how deep you sit in the tub will determine how long you can stay in. Some spas have a "cool down seat" to give your body a chance to manage its temp by exposing more body to the air. Alternating from neck deep to a cool down possition will increase the time you can spend in the spa. I am not a doctor or an expert on the body of other people but I know my body tells me to get out.. so I listen. :D

Depending on outside temp and spa temp. Usually if it is hot outside and the spa temp is 99-100 then 45min. to an hour. However if it is hot outside and the temp creeps up to 103-104 then 15-20 mins. If it is cold outside then 99-100 is too cool. 101-102 seems to be good for a hour of soaking any time. My Doctor recomends for my condition the 102-103 temp range so time spent in tub really has alot to do with the temp of the water by one or two degrees and the outside temp for your body to regulate its own temp from exposed skin to the ambiant air. This also depends on how far down in the water your body is in the spa. Water up to your neck gives your body less to control its internal temp than if the water is up to your chest. So how deep you sit in the tub will determine how long you can stay in. Some spas have a "cool down seat" to give your body a chance to manage its temp by exposing more body to the air. Alternating from neck deep to a cool down possition will increase the time you can spend in the spa. I am not a doctor or an expert on the body of other people but I know my body tells me to get out.. so I listen. :D

Good points.

I usually sit in the deepest seat, which is up to my neck. Maybe that's why I like the temp set a little cooler.

Another way to cool down is wet your hair. On a windy day, it will cool you off pretty fast. Brrrr!