"Zoo" smell after removing easy-set pool

Guest Aaron

We just removed our 13x33 easy-set pool, and were greated with the foul stench - my son says it smells like a zoo. If this just the mildew that formed under the pool? Also, what is the best solution to this. I can smell it clear around the front of the house, so I am sure the neighbors can smell it as well.

Guest stace seabolt

we had one, same smell. 2 years later we still had the martian landing bare spot in the back yard. we tried everything and nothing we found worked.

we upgraded to a real pool. problem solved. had nothing but trouble with that pool. good luck.

stace

• 1 year later...
We just removed our 13x33 easy-set pool, and were greated with the foul stench - my son says it smells like a zoo. If this just the mildew that formed under the pool? Also, what is the best solution to this. I can smell it clear around the front of the house, so I am sure the neighbors can smell it as well.

well that being said what if anything could one do about the stench?? i am afraid for my dogs that hang out in the backyard sometimes. i got on here just for this very thing..lol we have decided to go with a real pool next year but it shore does stink out back right now!!

B)

well that being said what if anything could one do about the stench?? i am afraid for my dogs that hang out in the backyard sometimes. i got on here just for this very thing..lol we have decided to go with a real pool next year but it shore does stink out back right now!!

• 6 months later...

I noticed from the responses that no one had a solution to the odor problem.

I have been using a product called odorxit concentrate for many nasty smells like the one you described.

It has never let me down.

• 1 month later...
I noticed from the responses that no one had a solution to the odor problem.

I have been using a product called odorxit concentrate for many nasty smells like the one you described.

It has never let me down.

you should of just layed a layer of sand down before puttin the pool up. I got 2 tons of sand for under 40 bucks...put the pool on top of that ...and you get a smooth/soft bottom and water goes thru sand to the ground. no smell.

I laid sand down.... about 4 tons, and then a tarp over the sand. I moved the corners of the tarp to mow around the pool and was greeted by a stentch.... I was thinking that I somehow set the pool over the old non functional septic system. I am glad to read that this is a common issue.

I laid sand down.... about 4 tons, and then a tarp over the sand. I moved the corners of the tarp to mow around the pool and was greeted by a stentch.... I was thinking that I somehow set the pool over the old non functional septic system. I am glad to read that this is a common issue.

Yea there was no need for the tarp on top of the sand. That tarp was prolly 90% of the problem. The sand is the replacement for the tarp.