Help! Yellow Water! I Am An Idiot!

tricializ

New hot tub delivered yesterday. We are on a well but filtered the water going in with a carbon filter. Water was lovely last night. The tech added metal gone early in the day. So, after being in it last night, I put a small amount of chlorine/shock (dichlor I think) in per my instructions. This morning, the water is yellow. Not cloudy; just pee/yellow. I know it's reacting to the metal gone as with my old hot tub I had instant green water when I added the two together. Doh! But I thought after 8+ hours, I could add the chlorine. So, my husband will be home tonight and I would love for there to be nice clean water. What do I add now or am I toast?

Thanks.

Tricia

P.S. How long after metal gone do you have to wait to add chlorine?

New hot tub delivered yesterday. We are on a well but filtered the water going in with a carbon filter. Water was lovely last night. The tech added metal gone early in the day. So, after being in it last night, I put a small amount of chlorine/shock (dichlor I think) in per my instructions. This morning, the water is yellow. Not cloudy; just pee/yellow. I know it's reacting to the metal gone as with my old hot tub I had instant green water when I added the two together. Doh! But I thought after 8+ hours, I could add the chlorine. So, my husband will be home tonight and I would love for there to be nice clean water. What do I add now or am I toast?

Thanks.

Tricia

P.S. How long after metal gone do you have to wait to add chlorine?

I am back clear again. Yay. Went back to the pool and spa store and got another bottle of Metal Gone. Said I probably needed even more. And to wait 24 hours before putting any chlorine in. By the time I went to put it in, it was already getting less yellow. I think putting the chlorine in while the spa was closed reacted more than it might have otherwise and opening it up and running it for a while seemed to help. Hopefully it will stay that way now.

Tricia