Why Won't My New Hot Springs Vista Display The Temperature?

tricializ

I just got our new Hot Springs Vista spa today. Yay! But, I set the temperature and then they tell me that a green light will light up (the ready light) when it is within 2 degrees of the temperature set. (something like that). But, what I find odd is that the display doesn't tell me what the actual temperature is. So, as it was heating up today, I had no idea if it was 60 or 90 (other than feeling it). Went in it a little while ago and it was semi-cold. The kids liked it but I was a bit cold. But I had no way of knowing how cold I was. LOL Is there a setting I can do where it will actually display the current temp? Thanks.

Tricia

I just got our new Hot Springs Vista spa today. Yay! But, I set the temperature and then they tell me that a green light will light up (the ready light) when it is within 2 degrees of the temperature set. (something like that). But, what I find odd is that the display doesn't tell me what the actual temperature is. So, as it was heating up today, I had no idea if it was 60 or 90 (other than feeling it). Went in it a little while ago and it was semi-cold. The kids liked it but I was a bit cold. But I had no way of knowing how cold I was. LOL Is there a setting I can do where it will actually display the current temp? Thanks.

Tricia

Were you given a manual from the "setup guys"? It should show you how to use the control panel in pretty plain english. I have a HS Limelight which has a pretty similar control panel. If we touch any buttons on it, and then exit back out, it will show the temp for a moment and then go to just the "ready" and "power" lights on the display. Try this, but read the manual, it should tell you wuite a bit about your tub; i.e. which valves control which jets, how all the jets work, lighting, troubleshooting, water chemistry,etc.

Congrats on your new tub!! How exciting! I know we were so stoked to get in our tub that first night, 4 weeks ago as of tomorrow. We find we're addicted to it, and we've used it every night since. It's our little vacation every day!

Anne

HI,

I had the same question when I got my H/S Vanguard recently. For some reason, the H/S do not show current temperature at all. Baffled me, since some of my friends lower line tubs (even from Watkins) do show it. When the green ready light is on, that is confirming that the tub is within 2 degrees of your requested temperature. Move your preset temp. up or down, and you will see it go off. At first, I was a little disappointed, but after 3 months of flawless performance and a constantly steady temp (and green light), it does not bother me at all now. In fact, I can see the green light from my kitchen window, to verify all is well, where I doubt I would be able to read any digits from that far.

Just enjoy, you will love the tub and be impressed how flawless and refined everything is.

The only thing I would like, would be a method to be able to turn off all the blue pillow LEDs. They look great 99% of the time, and allow just enough light to see or move about safely without having to have the other lights on. But if you want absolute total darkness (for star gazing), it would be nice to be able to switch them off. Next time I have my cover off, I am going to see if I can locate the connector for the LEDs and possibly add a simple switch.

BTW- I just removed and cleaned all my filters last weekend, you'll be amazed how much dirt and debris all the filters trap. I expected the circulation pump filter to be dirty, (and it was the dirtiest), but the pump filters were pretty dirty too, and all had lots of bugs and seeds in them. So they really do serve a purpose, are not just a marketing hype.

Enjoy, Randy

Tricia

Tricia

That is standard setup for HotSpring sps. I believe that a jumper change can show actual water temp. A HotSpring expert can verify.

Hmmm, I was not aware of that. Can any H/S expert help out here? Is there some place to get a layout of the logic board and the various jumpers and connectors (and perhaps which connector is the LED pillow lights, (heh, heh!) ;)

Chas., do you know anything about this? Sounds promising.

Thank you, Randy

Tricia

That is standard setup for HotSpring sps. I believe that a jumper change can show actual water temp. A HotSpring expert can verify.

Thanks for the advice and info. Sort of frustrating. I would have liked to know what the actual temp was in the spa. I suppose I can also buy a portable temp gauge too. Easier than trying to rig up the tub when I know nothing technical. LOL Thanks for the info. I won't make myself crazy anymore. LOL

Tricia

We are going to look into the Hot springs Vista tub. Trying to find out what a decent price on one would be. It would be a demo model.

Tricia

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Hot Springs limelight pulse which we just had delivered last weekend. I posted a similar question/comment about the temperature & does it show on the display. That is the one feature I believe Hot Springs should add as a standard (not option). As a newbie & 1st time Hot Tub owner, this would have assited me immensely. I ended up using my digital kitchen probe to test the temp of the water

(I did have a problem, the dealer had given us the wrong sub-panel & it was a headache getting the tech to actually come & find the problem I was complaining about. Thanks to this message board, I did not give up on my request for answers & the tech finally checked for a problem & found the problem).

I need to purchase a new digital Kitchen thermometer before Thanksgiving now, but it works great as a Hot Tub probe! The one other suggestion I have for HS is a simpler, "how to for dummies" manuel. I am not proud nor arrogant, I would appreciate a "how to for dummies" manuel. A chapter designated on exact installation instructions & checklist for the Hot Tub owner (so we can check to see if we received the right items from the dealership/retailer).

Are you enjoying your Hot Tub now?

I have a posting about the Limelight Pulse mauel...check out the posting & responses. You will enjoy your hot tub more after reading my initial nightmare & beware before getting any questions answered by my Hot Springs Tech!

Good Luck & Enjoy being a Hot Tub member!

vkb