Del Ozonator, I Thought Meant No Chemical Needed.

I thought when I purchased Del ozonztor for spa, I wouldnt need chemicals, or at least not much? Help I think someone found a chump. I dont even know what to buy? I also was SHocked, I didnt know I had to change water every 2 to 3 months, gosh this sounds like I may have gotten my self in a money fix, 400 gallons adds up on a water bill. Please dont tell me I"m stupid, I already know. Also I bought a blu Water Spa Malibu any comments on that?

I thought when I purchased Del ozonztor for spa, I wouldnt need chemicals, or at least not much? Help I think someone found a chump. I dont even know what to buy? I also was SHocked, I didnt know I had to change water every 2 to 3 months, gosh this sounds like I may have gotten my self in a money fix, 400 gallons adds up on a water bill. Please dont tell me I"m stupid, I already know. Also I bought a blu Water Spa Malibu any comments on that?

Ozone does not mean NO chemicals, it just means you don't need to add as much oxidizer. You still need to balance the water (PH, Alkalinity, Hardness) and keep a sanitation residual in the tub - either chlorine, bromine or other non-chlorine. Chemical usage and replacement water are part of the costs of having a spa. This should have been explained to you when you purchased it. You may not need to change the water every 2 to 3 months. You may be able to go as much as 6 months. Best thing to do is "bite the bullet". Remember it may cost you a little bit to maintain the spa, but it's worth it every time you get in!

Ozone does not mean NO chemicals, it just means you don't need to add as much oxidizer. You still need to balance the water (PH, Alkalinity, Hardness) and keep a sanitation residual in the tub - either chlorine, bromine or other non-chlorine. Chemical usage and replacement water are part of the costs of having a spa. This should have been explained to you when you purchased it. You may not need to change the water every 2 to 3 months. You may be able to go as much as 6 months. Best thing to do is "bite the bullet". Remember it may cost you a little bit to maintain the spa, but it's worth it every time you get in!

Thank You for help. Can you tell me what chemicals I have to buy? I have seen start-up packs but is all those chemicals necessary? I wondered is this right bromine granules, chemical free shock,and when I first fill spa metal x?

I don't think you should even be concerned about the water bill - it's minimal, really.

We use the ozonator and keeping the water balanced (350 gal. HS Sovereign 7 yrs old) is very easy.

The chemicals you mentioned is about it - non chlorine shock - use according to brand/size recommendation - and then ph and alkalinity up or down, as needed. I add 1 TB chlorine granules wkly also - along with the MetalX or Stain & Scale out weekly or as directed also. But our water is high in iron, etc.

Once you get used to it all, and get to know what your spa water needs, it's very easy, promise :) Your local dealer should be able to help you with understanding things better. And changing the water is not a big deal either, really. ... as stated earlier.. very well worth it :) Enjoy your spa, try not to worry too much.

I would recomind getting a mineral system for the tub, it will cut your chemical usage in half! Frog by king tech. is what i sell!

Thank You for help. Can you tell me what chemicals I have to buy? I have seen start-up packs but is all those chemicals necessary? I wondered is this right bromine granules, chemical free shock,and when I first fill spa metal x?

It's always a good idea to get your source water tested before your tub arrives so you know what you need. There are alternatives to the packaged products your dealer sells. But you will need to decide what type of sanitizer you want to use ( chlorine, bromine, alternatives) Alot of people have success with combinations.

I change my water 3 times a year.

It's always a good idea to get your source water tested before your tub arrives so you know what you need. There are alternatives to the packaged products your dealer sells. But you will need to decide what type of sanitizer you want to use ( chlorine, bromine, alternatives) Alot of people have success with combinations.

I change my water 3 times a year.

THANK YOU ! THANK YA"LL WOW I am so glad I found this site. Everbody has been so helpful. I will be back, all great advice with wonderful encouragment.