Hot Tub Delivery Day!

larrys1

Congrats on your purchase! We've been using our Tundra Legend Extreme for 1 week now and are very pleased with our purchase. Apart from some initial issues with the seat cushions (now resolved) everything is just perfect! Now if I can only bring my stress level down about balancing the water!

Congrats on your purchase! We've been using our Tundra Legend Extreme for 1 week now and are very pleased with our purchase. Apart from some initial issues with the seat cushions (now resolved) everything is just perfect! Now if I can only bring my stress level down about balancing the water!

Did you get yours with the Onzen system?

Did you get yours with the Onzen system?

Yes I did. Tested the water only once and it showed chloride levels a little on the low side so I added some copper (instant Ions) will test it again tonight.

Well, received the tub. Didn't get the hose filter or Refresh in my satrtup kit. Had to drive the 20 miles to get those. Filled tub and hooked up electrical. Everything is working! Tested for Total Alkalinity and Calcium Hardness, both are perfect. At 90 degress, added Onzen salt (pre-dissolved in buckets of warm water). After several hours, tub was 102 and we went in for a soak. FEELS GREAT! Had a FLO error, eventually went away. Oh yeah, didn't receive the digital ORP tester either.

Got up this morning, had FLO error again. No measurable sanitizer levels. Added 1/2 cup Refresh. Ran BOOST with cover open for 20 min. Turned Onzen at top control from CP2 to CP4 (16 vs. 8 hrs/day). Still no measurable levels. Opened up cabinet and saw Onzen generator blue light and bubbles coming from outlet.

Apollo is sending out a guy today to look at the Therapy Air as we only get bubbles from 3 openings. I will discuss other items while he is here. I'm really bothered by the FLO error.

Pillows won't stay put. Disgusting design if you ask me.

One pillow is cracked and one diverter bear claw pops off.

So far, so good...right???

Will post pics soon...

Well, received the tub. Didn't get the hose filter or Refresh in my satrtup kit. Had to drive the 20 miles to get those. Filled tub and hooked up electrical. Everything is working! Tested for Total Alkalinity and Calcium Hardness, both are perfect. At 90 degress, added Onzen salt (pre-dissolved in buckets of warm water). After several hours, tub was 102 and we went in for a soak. FEELS GREAT! Had a FLO error, eventually went away. Oh yeah, didn't receive the digital ORP tester either.

Got up this morning, had FLO error again. No measurable sanitizer levels. Added 1/2 cup Refresh. Ran BOOST with cover open for 20 min. Turned Onzen at top control from CP2 to CP4 (16 vs. 8 hrs/day). Still no measurable levels. Opened up cabinet and saw Onzen generator blue light and bubbles coming from outlet.

Apollo is sending out a guy today to look at the Therapy Air as we only get bubbles from 3 openings. I will discuss other items while he is here. I'm really bothered by the FLO error.

Will post pics soon...

Hey Larry I didn't get the OPR either and the Onzen system will take about a day for the readings to show up. If it's your first tub you will be in it a lot so leave the level at 16 hrs to get a good base and then back it off when your usage lightens up. The head rests need the black round stickers put on the tub so the suction cups have something to stick to. Happy Tubbing!!!!

Pete

Congrats on getting your tub! Sorry you're having a few minor set up issues. We ended up with a faulty light circuit on our Limelight Flair, but the service man will be here on Friday. We can use it without the lights and it's fine, but the lights are really fun, so it will be nice when they work. What can I say? I guess this is the fun of tub ownership. It's not always perfect right off the bat I guess. :unsure: Although it should be if you ask me. Hey, I'll tell you what I did, I pushed for some sort of compensation for things not being perfect and we got a free fun item for our tub. Maybe you can push for them to throw something in for your inconvenience! Like my husband says, "you can't get things for free if you don't ask!

Will post pics soon...

Apollo guy came out and fixed the Therapy Air (was only receiving 110, not 220. He moved a wire and VOILA! Bubbles!) Also, I had the Onzen Generator dial turned all the way OFF. I thought turning it all the way CLOCKWISE opened it up, but there is + and - sign and going all the way COUNTER-CLOCKWISE turns it up. The guy ordered a new pillow and diverter button. They seem like very nice folks to work with. All is well...

Sorry to hear that everything wasn't perfect but apparently the dealer responded promptly to your concerns. While both Arctic and Apollo strive for perfection in production and service, situations do arise. You can be sure however, both companies are committed not only to customer satisfaction, but to customer delight! Thank you for your input, and we look forward to hearing from you again

BTW, your warranty covers things like the cracked pillow and the diverter bear claw. For five years. Does any other company warranty the pillows and diverter handles for 5 years?

I apologize for any confusion you may have experienced over the ORP meter, but didn't you order one off the internet in preference to the simple one we offer as an option? Or was that someone else? Okay, I apologize for any confusion I may be experiencing... :wacko:

As for the pillows, we know it's not a perfect solution and are researching new methods of pillow attachment. However, as suggested in this thread, they do stick well enough once installed.

Hi Everyone,

We just received our Arctic Glacier with Onzen on Saturday, the water is still really cloudy and muddy scum at the water line. I turned the Onzen all the way to the right, maybe wrong as per service dept in Tukwilla? I will have to check. My salesman was fired on Sunday, so am winging it as we live 2 1/2 hours away from the dealer. Talked to a dealer in Canada and he said sit and wait, muddy water here and didn't use a filter when filling. Anyone else have this problem?

That is a beautiful tub! The cabinet is pretty. I'm sure you are very excited! I want an umbrella like that also as living on the beautiful coast of Western Washington, we get a whole lot of rain. For now, my husband attached some pipe to the table he made for next to the tub. We can just slide a golf umbrella in there and at least a few of the seats are covered. We're going to get a patio umbrella eventually and that will be larger. But we can't spend $3-500 for a spa umbrella.

Anyway, awesome tub! I can see you're really going to enjoy it for years and years. And it sounds like Apollo did very well helping you out right away. I'm glad your problems were worked out so well. Goes to show that Arctic and Apollo are good companies to work with. :)

Thanks for showing us the pics!

Anne