Hi! New Here! Just Ordered A Limelight, By Hotsprings!

roromissd

Hello! I'm so happy to finally find a spa forum that is actually frequented!

Well, after careful research and consideration, we have ordered our spa and it will be delivered on Friday! We are thrilled and really feel we're going with a good brand. We ordered a Limelight Flair, by Hotsprings. Because it's a brand new line, I don't have any track record to look at. But I have read rave reviews and ratings on Hotsprings and feel we're choosing a good brand. The Limelight spas feature special lighting and a water feature, neither of which had anything to do with our choice. We went with this one because it had the jet placement we were looking for at a price we could live with. It has all the same quality features of all the hotsprings spa.

So, without (hopefully) starting a debate, what can you tell me are the benefits and fallbacks of a full foam insulation spa, versus other insulation. I've read a lot on both and am more confused now. While I know FF is energy efficient, what are the drawbacks and really how hard is it to fix a leak with FF? My husband has asked other spa owners and he is great at repairing everything(though we have a warranty for several years to cover leaks) and says it shouldn't be a big deal to cut out the foam, fix the leak, and then refoam, all of which he is perfectly capable of. Any info on anything I have said, personal experience, thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Anne

Hello! I'm so happy to finally find a spa forum that is actually frequented!

Well, after careful research and consideration, we have ordered our spa and it will be delivered on Friday! We are thrilled and really feel we're going with a good brand. We ordered a Limelight Flair, by Hotsprings. Because it's a brand new line, I don't have any track record to look at. But I have read rave reviews and ratings on Hotsprings and feel we're choosing a good brand. The Limelight spas feature special lighting and a water feature, neither of which had anything to do with our choice. We went with this one because it had the jet placement we were looking for at a price we could live with. It has all the same quality features of all the hotsprings spa.

So, without (hopefully) starting a debate, what can you tell me are the benefits and fallbacks of a full foam insulation spa, versus other insulation. I've read a lot on both and am more confused now. While I know FF is energy efficient, what are the drawbacks and really how hard is it to fix a leak with FF? My husband has asked other spa owners and he is great at repairing everything(though we have a warranty for several years to cover leaks) and says it shouldn't be a big deal to cut out the foam, fix the leak, and then refoam, all of which he is perfectly capable of. Any info on anything I have said, personal experience, thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Anne

Congrats on getting your spa (although the wait to get it installed is never fun).

As you stated full foam spas are energy efficient whereas it’s hit and miss with those the other approach (mostly miss IMO). The drawback is when there is a leak it can be more difficult to fix (though most leaks are in the equipment compartment) than a non full foamed spa but it really isn't that difficult. The key is to buy from a quality spa maker in the first place where leaks should be very uncommon.

BTW, there are a couple other good spa forums out there that get plenty of traffic. Stick around and ask questions as you begin your spa experience.

http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/

http://www.rhtubs.com/cgi-bin/bbs/config.pl

Thanks for the welcome and the links to those other forums(already been to both, not much going on there).

I appreciate your experienced info about FF. We had a brochure and dvd from Thermospas as well, but we knew full well it would be way more expensive and though I've read rave reviews on them, I have also read bad reviews about their tubs and their service.

We are paying $7495 and with tax, 'everfresh' system(ozone and silver ion), and cover lifter, it comes to about $8500. We hit them during a sale, so we got a discount and I really think our salesperson(awesome by the way) gave us more of a discount than we were first quoted. I feel we've gotten a good deal.

Incidentally, we have not seen the spa in person, nor have we wet tested, which we could do. We live in a remote area and Olympic Hot tub, being one of the closest spa dealers, is about an hour and a half away. We will most likely go see it when we sign our financing papers today or tomorrow. But our salesperson has offered to meet us half way to sign the papers to save us time and money. She sent out, with the salesorder and other info, a sheet that had many quotes from her customers about her service. I've researched this company which has 5 stores in the Puget Sound area and they've been around almost 30 years, have great ratings, many awards for service and business practices, etc, etc. You get the point. I think we'll be very happy with this dealer and feel we've made a good choice. When I asked for pricing, Jennifer, our salesperson, gave me the prices, the monthly payment with financing, and then there was no pressure. I hate pressure sales.

I'm a rambler, I should warn you now.

Anyway, thanks again, and I've been perusing the forum here, reading other posts. There's a lot of info here!

Anne