Ohh Error On Balboa 200le

summerschad

Overheating getting OHH error. I have a proform spa with 2 pumps, the first pump having 2 speeds. My tub heats up to desired temp and then shuts off as it is supposed to. When the heater turns back on, the pump (pump 1, low) does not start/circulate water causing an overheat. Short term solution has been to push the button to reactivate the pump and then it heats back up again. This works until the tub heats back up again, shuts off, heater turns back on and another OHH... Daily problem and sometimes the system locks me out and doesnt let the pump turn back on for a while. It is not an airlock, I have removed the pump on a couple occasions. Wondering if this is a pump problem or circuit board problem. Pump works fine when running but just doesnt turn on when the heater does. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Overheating getting OHH error. I have a proform spa with 2 pumps, the first pump having 2 speeds. My tub heats up to desired temp and then shuts off as it is supposed to. When the heater turns back on, the pump (pump 1, low) does not start/circulate water causing an overheat. Short term solution has been to push the button to reactivate the pump and then it heats back up again. This works until the tub heats back up again, shuts off, heater turns back on and another OHH... Daily problem and sometimes the system locks me out and doesnt let the pump turn back on for a while. It is not an airlock, I have removed the pump on a couple occasions. Wondering if this is a pump problem or circuit board problem. Pump works fine when running but just doesnt turn on when the heater does. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

When you manually turn the pump back on with the button, does it start instantly or does it have a lag to it?

The other thing to try is plug pump 2 were pump 1 is now. Then see when the spa calls for eat if it will start the pump 2. You will still get a error message because the it is the wrong pump running.

You also see if there is voltage at the pump plug when the spa calls for heat with a volt meter.

If the spa still does not start pump 2 then a pc board problem as occurred. Balboa has a 2 year warranty on thier products

when i manually restart the pump i have to push the Pump1 button twice to activate the pump at full/high speed. the light comes on when i push it once for low speed but it doesnt turn on, it may hum a little bit (i would have to check again to make sure). i have not let it just sit to see if it activates on low for an extended period. when i hit it twice it turns on high speed and works. i then hit the button again and it reverts to low speed and runs fine until reheat. the pump then turns off as it is up to temp. once the temp goes down the heat light comes on and the pump does not pump and it overheats. thanks for the reply. if this pinpoints anything futher please let me know. id hate to buy a new pump when its a board problem or vice versa.

when i manually restart the pump i have to push the Pump1 button twice to activate the pump at full/high speed. the light comes on when i push it once for low speed but it doesnt turn on, it may hum a little bit (i would have to check again to make sure). i have not let it just sit to see if it activates on low for an extended period. when i hit it twice it turns on high speed and works. i then hit the button again and it reverts to low speed and runs fine until reheat. the pump then turns off as it is up to temp. once the temp goes down the heat light comes on and the pump does not pump and it overheats. thanks for the reply. if this pinpoints anything futher please let me know. id hate to buy a new pump when its a board problem or vice versa.

Before you try changing pump one with pump 2 make sure pump 2 is a 2 speed pump also, like your pump one is. Sounds like the windings may be bad in the low speed of the pump.

You can check this by reversing the high and low speed wires in the back of the pump.

I re-read your post carefully. Step #1 I am not a spa tech. Step #2 never take any of my advice, and always listen to these guys... now onto some logic.

1.) If your pump works OK upon reset the pump works OK. A bad pump would always be bad.

2.) When you get an OHH error the pump AND heater stop working, correct gentlemen? That means if your filter is restrictive and the low speed can't draw enough water the heater could over heat... trip the error and kill the pump and heater. a test would be run without filters for a short time. Read your manual where it says to never run the spa with no filtration.

I had this same problem. I also have balboa electronics, but i have a 24/7 dedicated circ pump. when I press my #1 pump button it goes only to high. When I had a calcified filter it slowed the flow of water enough to trip an overheat code and kill my circ pump. If I flipped the breaker it would reset and work one more time... till it threw the code and shut off the heater and the circ pump. My filters looked clean because i clean them well (hose and filter cleaner [milky limonene-based removes oil]) but my pleated paper filter actually looked a little too white. I got some advice which you shouldn't follow to use CLR (Calcium Lime rust) which is consumer strength phosphoric acid (I beleive) for like cleaning your shower stall and tub etc. I found it at the W_Mart... there's a competing brand which escapes me, basically a home cleaner that removes calcium/Lime ...look under your sink! I soaked my pleated paper filter for a few hours and rinsed fully (a 5-gallon paint bucket works good for cleaning filters... got one at the H_Depot). A de-calcified filter cleared my OHH error code.

Adding in this info to the later info you posted about the pump, putting the 2 together (sorry, did not read your first post closley) it sounds as if you have a bad board rather than the pump.