Should I Unplug My Spa When I'm Not Using It?

lilbabe_tara

I just recently purchased a Solana SX spa and I'm wondering if I should leave it plugged in and 'On' at all times even when I don't plan on using it for a couple of days. I couldn't find info on this in the manual. I know that the tub isn't constantly running, but it has to run from time to time throughout the day to keep the tub heated and also clean, but is that necessary? For example, if I'm not going to use it during the week, should I just plug it in on Friday that way it would be ready for the weekend? If I am supposed to leave it plugged in and 'On' what should I keep the temperature set to? I think right now it's set on 100 degrees but is that going to make my electric bill go through the roof? Any insight or advice would be very helpful!

Thanks!

I just recently purchased a Solana SX spa and I'm wondering if I should leave it plugged in and 'On' at all times even when I don't plan on using it for a couple of days. I couldn't find info on this in the manual. I know that the tub isn't constantly running, but it has to run from time to time throughout the day to keep the tub heated and also clean, but is that necessary? For example, if I'm not going to use it during the week, should I just plug it in on Friday that way it would be ready for the weekend? If I am supposed to leave it plugged in and 'On' what should I keep the temperature set to? I think right now it's set on 100 degrees but is that going to make my electric bill go through the roof? Any insight or advice would be very helpful!

Thanks!

I'd leave it on all the time and up to temp. Some who don't use theirs often drop it to something like 95º and turn it up when they're going to use it and that's fine but it has marginal gains. It’s an insulated spa and it’s meant to be there ready for you when you need it.

Not filtering for a week could potentially cause issues also. You would spend more on chemicals trying to clean it up than you would save in electricity unplugging it.

Thanks for the insight! I'll leave it plugged in. I put it on 95 degrees and I'm going to do some testing over the next few days to see how long it takes to warm it from 95 to 100. If it takes too long I'll just leave it on 100. I've heard good things about Solana Spas and I've heard that they are well insulated so hopefully I'll be in good shape.

• 11 years later...

Hi, we don't have an electric hook up outside, so we need to keep our window open to keep it plugged in. What can we do if we want to close our window? Is there a place we can keep the plug safe, because I can't see any safe place, but I don't want to have to dismantle the hot tub every time we close the window. Can anyone please offer advice? 

Thank you