New Fiberglass Pool Off Level

con12340

My suggestions in regards to your pool problems were meant to help you find some middle ground in regards to your contractor. The pool is not level and the blame game is starting. The decking contractor did not cause the pool to be out of level. The only way to make it right would be to remove the decking, remove the pool, re-groom the hole, and install the pool at the correct level. It's a "do over"! But, you have to look at the whole picture. Is the contractor willing to do that? Is he in the financial state to do it? Do you have the time, and does your attorney need the money to try and go to court? I was never trying to encourage you to accept a job that was not done right, I was only trying to help you find a soloution that could make you happy. Maybe Waterworld will step in and solve the problem for you.

As I said before, I entertained the idea of living with it, or masking it somehow, so long as Waterworld was willing to honor the warranty. Now that they changed their mind it's pretty hard to live with something I paid tens of thousands of dollars for without a warranty. As far as this contractor being in the financial state to do the right thing, yes, I think he is, given that he told us that he installs three pools a week. He is well known in the area. Is he willing to do the right thing? That we'll have to see. Even Waterworld said the first time we called them that the contractor should reset the pool properly. Given the relationship between Waterworld and this contractor, I have to agree with jonneydemon above that Waterworld "held themselves out as the installer".

Con12340, I am sorry that this has happened to you and I do believe that Waterworld should do the right thing he and belly up so to speak. The history of Water World is shady at best. They do appear to have gotten better in some respects, worse in others. If you check with the state of NJ, you will find that they have changed names and ownership over the years now using Water World Pools of NE. They claim to have been in the business for over 40 years, which is an outright lie. Truth be known, San Juan Pools begain this industry in 1958, 50 years ago. Many of the others did not start making pools until the 80's 90's and some even in this century. There are many complaints to be found about them, there also has been many satisfied customers as well. Question is, when things go wrong, and sometimes they do, what is that company made of? Water World has had a mixed review. Because they do not really have a trained dealer network like most fiberglass pool companies they rely on subcontractors to do ther bidding. By doing this and having there product fully paid for by the date od delivery, Water World has all of there money in hand and thus you have zero leverage power. I would hire a lawyer now and get things rolling ASAP. You have a $25,000 fix ahead of you to remove all the concrete decking, cut away all of the plumbing, remove the pool, regrade and reset the pool to industry standards, replumb, new bonding grid, repour cement patio, clean up. I am quite certain Water World knows the magnitude of what needs to be done and I am sure will take there chances in court, they most likely have a Lawyer on retainer. Good Luck. By the way, what state do you live in?

Con12340, I am sorry that this has happened to you and I do believe that Waterworld should do the right thing he and belly up so to speak. The history of Water World is shady at best. They do appear to have gotten better in some respects, worse in others. If you check with the state of NJ, you will find that they have changed names and ownership over the years now using Water World Pools of NE. They claim to have been in the business for over 40 years, which is an outright lie. Truth be known, San Juan Pools begain this industry in 1958, 50 years ago. Many of the others did not start making pools until the 80's 90's and some even in this century. There are many complaints to be found about them, there also has been many satisfied customers as well. Question is, when things go wrong, and sometimes they do, what is that company made of? Water World has had a mixed review. Because they do not really have a trained dealer network like most fiberglass pool companies they rely on subcontractors to do ther bidding. By doing this and having there product fully paid for by the date od delivery, Water World has all of there money in hand and thus you have zero leverage power. I would hire a lawyer now and get things rolling ASAP. You have a $25,000 fix ahead of you to remove all the concrete decking, cut away all of the plumbing, remove the pool, regrade and reset the pool to industry standards, replumb, new bonding grid, repour cement patio, clean up. I am quite certain Water World knows the magnitude of what needs to be done and I am sure will take there chances in court, they most likely have a Lawyer on retainer. Good Luck. By the way, what state do you live in?

We live north of the border, in Canada. We have already obtained an estimate on the concrete removal and re-pouring. The pool contractor hasn't returned our calls for three days now and he hasn't completed all the work in the contract yet. We will be contacting Waterworld on Monday to see if they can send their crew out here to fix this mess. We will also be contacting our lawyer on Monday morning in respect of the pool contractor.

JonnyDemon you have no clue what in the world you are talking about, EVERY pool manufacture has had bad installs it being San Juan, Viking, Leisure it doesnt matter all the manufacture does is MAKE The pool not install it, it's up to a contractor to do the installs it's WHOEVER PULLS THE PERMITS!!!!!!!! Water World does not have any SUB contractors so I dont know what the hell your talking about, if you know anything about the construction business all blame falls on the contractor, the only thing Water World would be blamed for is if there was a structural problem on the pool but if the contractor who put the pool in wrong didn't put the pool in to Water World standards then Water World will not pay a dime, THIS IS WHY Water World will come out SET, LEVEL, AND PLUMB..

Water World has been in business for 40 years and they have two manufacturing plants in NJ and in Georgia and they have a outstanding pool.

Timewrap, the difference here is that if you go to the waterworld site, they claim to come out and install your pool in a day for $1000. San Juan, Viking, Leisure and the like do not make this claim. If you want a pool from them you have to purchase it through a authorized dealer. If you believe that Waterworld has been in business for 40 years under the same ownership, you are mistaken. Check with the state of NJ and you will find that they have changed names, owners and had serious financial issues in the early 90's. You say waterworld does not have any sub contractors, then you must be an employee on there payroll right? In a previous post you claim to have done 100's of installs for them. I never said there pool was bad or defective, I do think they are a company with a reputation for having problems.

JonnyDemon you have no clue what in the world you are talking about, EVERY pool manufacture has had bad installs it being San Juan, Viking, Leisure it doesnt matter all the manufacture does is MAKE The pool not install it, it's up to a contractor to do the installs it's WHOEVER PULLS THE PERMITS!!!!!!!! Water World does not have any SUB contractors so I dont know what the hell your talking about, if you know anything about the construction business all blame falls on the contractor, the only thing Water World would be blamed for is if there was a structural problem on the pool but if the contractor who put the pool in wrong didn't put the pool in to Water World standards then Water World will not pay a dime, THIS IS WHY Water World will come out SET, LEVEL, AND PLUMB..

Water World has been in business for 40 years and they have two manufacturing plants in NJ and in Georgia and they have a outstanding pool.

Timewrap, the difference here is that if you go to the waterworld site, they claim to come out and install your pool in a day for $1000. San Juan, Viking, Leisure and the like do not make this claim. If you want a pool from them you have to purchase it through a authorized dealer. If you believe that Waterworld has been in business for 40 years under the same ownership, you are mistaken. Check with the state of NJ and you will find that they have changed names, owners and had serious financial issues in the early 90's. You say waterworld does not have any sub contractors, then you must be an employee on there payroll right? In a previous post you claim to have done 100's of installs for them. I never said there pool was bad or defective, I do think they are a company with a reputation for having problems.

Business Contact and Profile

Name: Water World Fiberglass Pools, N.E., Inc.

Phone: (609) 561-5557

Fax: (609) 567-2983

Address: 700 Reading Avenue

Hammonton, NJ 08037

Original Business Start Date: January 1999

Principal: Mr. Donald Tallman, Vice President

Customer Contact: Mr. Donald Tallman, Vice President - (609) 561-5557

Entity: Corporation

Incorporated: January 1999, NJ

TOB Classification: Swimming Pool Contractors, Dealers, Design

Waterworld boasts about the best fiberglass pool in the industry with the longest warranty. Then they allow someone else to do the install, so that when a warranty issue arises they can say: it's a bad install and we can't honor the warranty. Doesn't sound like an ethical way of doing business. If they have authorized contractors doing the installs, who are supposedly trained by Waterworld (or should be), they should stand behind the complete product which includes the installation. Otherwise all their claims are just smoke and mirrors. In our area Waterworld does not come out SET, LEVEL AND PLUMB. They use this authorized contractor. That's why, as jonneydemon pointed out, I believe this contractor is in essence Waterworld's agent.

As a new member who has been following this story over the days, I would just like to make a few comments.. Con12340-Your pool was not purchased from Water World... Why would Water World have responsibility in the installation of a pool that they didnt install. Or even someone that they reccomended, you said yourself that they had good references...I'm sure he (contractor) has installed plenty of pools, but that does'nt make you exempt from the occasional problems that arise in constructing......well anything. Your contractor messed up your installation, and you blame Water World? It seems like you're looking for a handout from a large reputable company, being that you havent mentioned the name of your contractor, but have mentioned Water World plenty of times (and you evidentally dont have any type of agreement w/ WW except the warranty that came w/ your pool). Was the pool damaged when it arrived? Is it a bad pool?? NO, the installation was incorrect...Water World will stand behind the integrity of the pool, and I would'nt believe in a million years that a rep. from Water World said you don't have a warranty.

• 9 months later...