Finally Pulled The Trigger!

After wet testing what seemed like a zillion spas, my wife and I have made our decision and laid down a deposit cheque.

A local dealer is blowing out 2008 inventory and has all of his in stock Marquis Spas at 50% (!!!!!) off. After a wet test, we decided that the Marquis Epic Signature was the spa for us. Turns out it was an unbeatable price, and it had all of the options and colours we were looking for. (white shell, grey outer cabinet, Constellation lighting, etc) The only option we didn't go for was the audio system, which is because we have outdoor speakers on our deck already.

Delivery (by crane) is scheduled for this week, and I can't wait to go tubbin'! From all the things i've read here, the Marquis tubs are first rate and we should be enjoying it for many years to come. I would like to take a moment to thank all of the knowledgable folks who post here on a regular basis. This place wouldn't be the same without yah!

A local dealer is blowing out 2008 inventory and has all of his in stock Marquis Spas at 50% (!!!!!) off.

WOW... 50% off eh? Never heard of that! This guy must have HUGE margins... :rolleyes:

Do you mind me asking what the regular price was and what you paid?

Stevie.......LOL, your name makes you sound like a little kid. LOL :lol:

A local dealer is blowing out 2008 inventory and has all of his in stock Marquis Spas at 50% (!!!!!) off.

WOW... 50% off eh? Never heard of that! This guy must have HUGE margins... :rolleyes:

Do you mind me asking what the regular price was and what you paid?

I dunno what his margins are, but I was quite amazed to say the least. He is part of a larger chain, so they may have the clout to receive preferred pricing from the manufacturer.

Anywho, the tub I bought is a 2008 Epic Signature with all of the options except for stereo. Listed MSRP was a little over $14,000, and I pulled the trigger at just over $7,000. The only other charges were crane delivery ($350.00), steps ($150.00) and cover lifter ($150.00). Then you add the tax and voila, still a fantastic price. As of Sunday, he had one Epic left which was a loaded Ultimate edition for $8700.00. It had water in it, and was the display model. Still a good deal IMHO.

Nice. You got the same exact one I got. Color, Signature, Lighting, and all. I don't have the audio either. Don't worry you won't need it.

I'd post a pic of mine, but you already know what it looks like. Good luck! <_<

congrats. The Epic is an amazing spa. You'll love it.

Thanks guys.

I'll see if I can rustle up some pics of it once installed.

wow that's an amazing price. i dont know how they sold it for that cheap. what dealer did you get it from?

There isn't a minimum advertised price or other rule like that is there? I'd hate for them to get in trouble if I named names.

The guy said they needed to move the inventory they had as the 09's were coming soon. The tubs they had were selling briskly, that much is for sure!

No a dealer can sell it for whatever they want. Depending on how much they paid for shipping and how the salesperson is paid, they might have lost money on the deal. Most Marquis dealers would sell that spa for over 11k.

http://www.ultracomfort.ca/

The Cambridge location is the one blowing out their in-stock tubs. Not sure how they did it so cheap, but i'm not one to ask questions about how people run their business. :lol:

It's too bad that Quality Brands do not = Quality Dealers.

My impression from the local dealer here if he had an Epic in stock would be he would want extra for a 2008 because it was a limited run and they are getting hard to find..... :wacko:

He had lower level spas for $2k more than what you are paying for your Epic; on "sale" and that did not include the cover, chem kit or anything, just the spa as it sat. Install and delivery was extra....

I think Andrew Zimmern would get a bad taste in his mouth from this Marquis dealer. :lol:

It's too bad that Quality Brands do not = Quality Dealers.

My impression from the local dealer here if he had an Epic in stock would be he would want extra for a 2008 because it was a limited run and they are getting hard to find..... :wacko:

He had lower level spas for $2k more than what you are paying for your Epic; on "sale" and that did not include the cover, chem kit or anything, just the spa as it sat. Install and delivery was extra....

I think Andrew Zimmern would get a bad taste in his mouth from this Marquis dealer. :lol:

You are very very correct in your first statement. It amazes me what some of the dealers get away with. I do have to say that the VAST majority are great, but it only takes a few rotten apples to ruin peoples perspective of the company.