Comments On Gecko Electronics?

Spa family,

What are your comments on Gecko electronics? I am in the process of ordering an Arctic spa. The dealer (who is great) pointed out the fact that they can be built with Gecko electronics, or another brand that Arctic has made for them in China. My neighbor who sells and services pools, and used to service spas didn't like the Gecko brand. But I am not sure how many spas he has had to service and so don't know how much value to place on this.

So since I can order the spa either way, what comments does anyone have on the two brands of water packs? Especially helpful would be to hear from Arctic owners.

Thanks,

Steven-

Spa family,

What are your comments on Gecko electronics? I am in the process of ordering an Arctic spa. The dealer (who is great) pointed out the fact that they can be built with Gecko electronics, or another brand that Arctic has made for them in China. My neighbor who sells and services pools, and used to service spas didn't like the Gecko brand. But I am not sure how many spas he has had to service and so don't know how much value to place on this.

So since I can order the spa either way, what comments does anyone have on the two brands of water packs? Especially helpful would be to hear from Arctic owners.

Thanks,

Steven-

Not an Arctic owner but have worked on a few, along with several other brands and between Gecko and Balboa I would say its a toss up with neither comeing out way ahead of the other for reliability. Both make several lines from inexpensive value products to higher end. I would hope Arctic uses one higher up the scale as there tubs are expensive and it will have to endure higher than normal heat during it's life span.

Maybe Tom can chime in and answer what line they use, but I would guess it's not a value product as they seem to be lasting the normal time.