Stablizer

Guest Earl Smith

Guest Earl Smith

I am fairly new to this pool water chemistry. My question is this. How long after I add "stablizer" to my pool water, do I have to wait before it is safe to go swimming? Any & all comments will be appreciated. Thank You Earl

Guest stace seabolt

we are new to the pool world also, but we were told to add the stabilizer at night and leave the filter running, and by morning ( 8 hrs) later we could swim.

we have had our pool 2 weeks and have had absolutely no problems with it. we got a Nature 2 Pro system, and used ProTeam Supreme chemicals on start up,

we have recieved many inches of rain due to Hurricane Dennis and so far so good.

stace

Stabilizer is a very slow dissolving chemical. Typically, stabilizer is added into your skimmer, where it is sucked into your filter and sits for several days to dissolve complete.

With that being said, it is best to start with a clean filter (or recently backwashed). Add the appropriate amount of stabilizer. Sometimes it is best to pre-dissolve as much as possible in a bucket of pool water first, then add the solution into the skimmer.

The stabilizer sitting in the skimmer will take about 3 -4 days of flowing water to dissolve, so it is important NOT to backwash or clean your filter for the following week after adding the stabilizer.

Hope this helps,

Sean Assam

Autopilot Systems Inc.

Manufacturer of the Pool Pilot Salt water sanitizing system