Any Solar Experts

JFS

I have an automated 20 yr old solar system. The Ortega 2, electric 3 port valve is completely shot. The system is 12VAC and apparently everything today is 24VAC. Is anyone aware of a cheaper fix than replacing valve and control unit with new system? I am trying to sell home and would like to resolve as cheaply as possible.

Thanks-Joe

I have an automated 20 yr old solar system. The Ortega 2, electric 3 port valve is completely shot. The system is 12VAC and apparently everything today is 24VAC. Is anyone aware of a cheaper fix than replacing valve and control unit with new system? I am trying to sell home and would like to resolve as cheaply as possible.

Thanks-Joe

Remove all the auto stuff and install a manual valve if the one you have is missing the handle

Thanks-Joe

Remove all the auto stuff and install a manual valve if the one you have is missing the handle

Thats what I have done but I would prefer to put it back to original working condition if I could do it at a reasonable cost-Joe

You may be able to get a way with a couple hund for a new actuatior (will have to be converted to compool/jandy) only those two company's that I know that I used to be able to get conversion from. And thats assuming that your controller still works. Oh that's right, you said it was a 12v syst. Scratch all that! Call pentair, tell them your story, maaaybe they can get you the stuff. Otherwise, manually works pretty good!

You may be able to get a way with a couple hund for a new actuatior (will have to be converted to compool/jandy) only those two company's that I know that I used to be able to get conversion from. And thats assuming that your controller still works. Oh that's right, you said it was a 12v syst. Scratch all that! Call pentair, tell them your story, maaaybe they can get you the stuff. Otherwise, manually works pretty good!

Pentair said TUFF !!