Sundance Optima Completely Dead

Dandss

I have anSundance Optima 2000 that recently stopped functioning. Front display is blank. I've checked power to the control panel and looks fine. 120 Volts at each connector. The front light on the control panel is not on. Also, checked fuses on control panel and all are fine. Nothing obvious. Are there any checks I can do to diagnose the problem. The complete Sentry 750/850 Controller is expensive, otherwise would be tempted to replace. Thanks, Dan

I have anSundance Optima 2000 that recently stopped functioning. Front display is blank. I've checked power to the control panel and looks fine. 120 Volts at each connector. The front light on the control panel is not on. Also, checked fuses on control panel and all are fine. Nothing obvious. Are there any checks I can do to diagnose the problem. The complete Sentry 750/850 Controller is expensive, otherwise would be tempted to replace. Thanks, Dan

First lets check the main buse fuse little tip you cannot check the buse fuse in the circuit board you have to pull it out so you can check the continuity.

First lets check the main buse fuse little tip you cannot check the buse fuse in the circuit board you have to pull it out so you can check the continuity.

Hi, I pulled main fuse and there is continuity. I pulled all the others on the control panel as well and checked. Thanks, Dan

Hi, I pulled main fuse and there is continuity. I pulled all the others on the control panel as well and checked. Thanks, Dan

Ok fuses are good now you need to check the transformer un plug it from the circuit board and test it make sure you have power going to the board itself.

Ok fuses are good now you need to check the transformer un plug it from the circuit board and test it make sure you have power going to the board itself.

Problem solved. I was confused why I was not getting 220 Volts across the posts on the control board. I measured 120V across the post and ground so thought things were working. However, I should be getting 220V across the posts. To make a long story short, the shut off breaker switch went south. In the on position only one of the power lines connected through to the hot tub the other was broken. If I bypass my shutoff switch everything is working. Off

to the hardware store to find a another shutoff switch. Thanks for your help, Dan

• 1 month later...

Problem solved. I was confused why I was not getting 220 Volts across the posts on the control board. I measured 120V across the post and ground so thought things were working. However, I should be getting 220V across the posts. To make a long story short, the shut off breaker switch went south. In the on position only one of the power lines connected through to the hot tub the other was broken. If I bypass my shutoff switch everything is working. Off

to the hardware store to find a another shutoff switch. Thanks for your help, Dan

My tub just did the same thing, no display on the control panel; I actually attempted to turn both pumps on at the same time and think it knocked something out. I have power to the stereo and if I shut the main breaker to the tub off an back on I can hear a value of some sort for a second or two then nothing. Not sure I have the knowledge of what you describe above. Is there a simple reset button near the control panel (under the skirt?) I need to fix this ASAP, monday night football is on tonight and I usually watch it from the tub. Help please. (model is 2005 Optima)