Wet Vac'n

Had an idea kicking around my head a few weeks back. Every now and then foam pops up as a concern...usually when adding a water clarifier (bright/clear + defender). Well after months of hand scooping I decided to try a more "powerful" method. I used my Dri-Vac as a Wet-Vac and put on the narrow head.

It worked great! Ten minutes of holding it in a corner just above the water and all of the foam was sucked out of the tub. It was so effective that since I went this route I have not had any film or that brown stuff along the waterline. The best part is because foam is water it reverts to liquid inside the vac- so you can fit a whole lot of foam in there before it fills up.

Hope that helps some folks-

Still tubbin in my Master

Yak

I gotta think if your water is that nasty its time for a water change. Proper PH levels can also help with the foam issue. Also rinsing off in the shower before a soak & not washing your suits (if worn!) are not washed with detergent. It may help to shock it too.

I may be confused...my water does foam up every few weeks but I thought that the foam is the seperation of the "gunk" from the clean stuff? I thought that was what the chemicals do and that removing the foam is part of the balancing process?