Is It Hard To Change The Control Panel In A Dimension One Spa?

dm800

I have a 2001 D1 Aurora II and the LCD panel is cracked and very faded where I can hardly read it. I got a couple quotes of $200-$300 for the part and about $125 for labor, but was wondering if it is fairly simple to do. Is it just a matter of pulling out the old one and plugging in the cable? Do you have to pull the whole front panel off, or is it just siliconed in where you would just cut the seal out from under the old one and pull it straight out and seal in the new one?

I have a 2001 D1 Aurora II and the LCD panel is cracked and very faded where I can hardly read it. I got a couple quotes of $200-$300 for the part and about $125 for labor, but was wondering if it is fairly simple to do. Is it just a matter of pulling out the old one and plugging in the cable? Do you have to pull the whole front panel off, or is it just siliconed in where you would just cut the seal out from under the old one and pull it straight out and seal in the new one?

Turn the spa off

It is a piece of cake. First take a small bladed knife or puddy knife and work around the panel to loosen the seal. Pull it away from the shell a little. Then clean to opening it was in

Unplug it from the circuit board and tie or tape a string to the end and pull it out of the shell with the wire and string.

Take the string and tape it to the new panel's wire and go in reverse. the idea of the string is works as a guide to help get the new one's cable thru the conduit D1 uses.

They only plug in one way to the circuit board.

Actually, now that I read the whole manual, I don't think it is really urgent to replace this. I can still see the temperature, and I can kind of make out some of messages. Is it suitable just to keep it at all the factory settings as far as cycle time, duration, etc.? It seems everything works ok, its just the LCD is very faded, and it looks like there is a crack under the inlay, but the inlay is intact and no water leaked under it, so does that sound fine just to hold off on this until I have an extra $400 to spend?

Actually, now that I read the whole manual, I don't think it is really urgent to replace this. I can still see the temperature, and I can kind of make out some of messages. Is it suitable just to keep it at all the factory settings as far as cycle time, duration, etc.? It seems everything works ok, its just the LCD is very faded, and it looks like there is a crack under the inlay, but the inlay is intact and no water leaked under it, so does that sound fine just to hold off on this until I have an extra $400 to spend?

If it doesn't bother you and it is still functioning fine then don't bother. I bet you can get that panel for alot less than 400....more like 100 maybe 2

A local dealer had it for $350 as well. Any ideas on places where I might be able to find that for a lot cheaper?

If it doesn't bother you and it is still functioning fine then don't bother. I bet you can get that panel for alot less than 400....more like 100 maybe 2

• 1 year later...
A local dealer had it for $350 as well. Any ideas on places where I might be able to find that for a lot cheaper?

PM me please

Hello Roger, got the same problem and discovered my warranty has just elapsed. Any recommendations on where I could procure a replacement control panel at a decent price?

PM me please

Hello Roger, got the same problem and discovered my warranty has just elapsed. Any recommendations on where I could procure a replacement control panel at a decent price?

If I can't get something wholesale, I mostly go to these guys. Very knowledgeable and really good prices. http://actionsparepair.com/control-panels8.html

• 4 months later...

PM me please

If I can't get something wholesale, I mostly go to these guys. Very knowledgeable and really good prices. http://actionsparepair.com/control-panels8.html