Aquarite Chlorine Generator

jlrpool

My salt reading has been steadily declining and is now displaying zero. The Aquarite Control box shows lights for 'check salt' and 'inspect cell'. I checked the salinity at the local pool store and it was 4100. I cleaned the cell and had it checked at the pool store -- they showed that it was working (or at least capable of generating chlorine).

Is it the cell itself that is measuring the salt level? Is this most likely an issue with a sensor or is my cell most likely shot and need replacing?

My salt reading has been steadily declining and is now displaying zero. The Aquarite Control box shows lights for 'check salt' and 'inspect cell'. I checked the salinity at the local pool store and it was 4100. I cleaned the cell and had it checked at the pool store -- they showed that it was working (or at least capable of generating chlorine).

Is it the cell itself that is measuring the salt level? Is this most likely an issue with a sensor or is my cell most likely shot and need replacing?

On the main display window in the unit

The numbers you see are a average reading, if you press that little black button 5 times until you see a negative sign - then a number that is the current salinity. At 4100 the machine will shut down generation because it is to high and start flashing lights.

If you put the machine in super chlorinate it should force the cell on. Now press the button again all the readings should have numbers no zeroes. A correct cell will display about 23 volts and pull 3-6 amps.

here is a link to the manual on page 17 explains the button sequence.

http://www.haywardnet.com/products/manuals...s/Manual239.pdf.

If you salt reading is really at 4100 the only way to lower it is two drain some water and refill with fresh.

If you never get a current reading while the generating light is on, you have a bad cell.

On the main display window in the unit

The numbers you see are a average reading, if you press that little black button 5 times until you see a negative sign - then a number that is the current salinity. At 4100 the machine will shut down generation because it is to high and start flashing lights.

If you put the machine in super chlorinate it should force the cell on. Now press the button again all the readings should have numbers no zeroes. A correct cell will display about 23 volts and pull 3-6 amps.

here is a link to the manual on page 17 explains the button sequence.

http://www.haywardnet.com/products/manuals...s/Manual239.pdf.

If you salt reading is really at 4100 the only way to lower it is two drain some water and refill with fresh.

If you never get a current reading while the generating light is on, you have a bad cell.

I will see what happens when I put it in super chlorinate and leave it there for a while -- I do know that the instantaneous salinity number shows zero also. I have been thinking I might need to drain and refill to get the salt level down. Thanks!

the salt usually gets that high because the cell was run dirty. as it gets dirty or scaled, the the salinity sensor in the cell starts giving inaccurate readings. It also causes undue wear on the cell itself, shortening its life. Make absolutely certain the cell is cleaned, and cleaned correctly before determining the cell is bad. I have however had many customers tell me the local pool store told them the cell tested good when the cell was in fact bad. Good luck.

Paul