Aquafinesse Help

daveybor

Hi, My first time making a post on here so please go easy!

I've had my arctic spa (frontier model) now for a year, but find it real hard making the water last much more than 7 weeks before it needs to be drained.

We live in a resonably hard water area. I use aqua finesse as directed, with the chlorine tab in the dispenser all as directed but also shock once a week with either chlorine granules or a non-chlorine shock (I tend to alternate from week to week). There is no ozonater built in to the tub (which two of us use on average 2-3 times per week). We always shower before hand, and rarely take clothes in. I flush filters with a hose at least twice a week and replace every three weeks.

At first water feels soft and crystal clear but within a few weeks it begins to haze and then goes on to progress to cloudy. I use water polish to bind finer particles as required but even this does not seem to bring the sparkle back. In the finish the water begins to smell stronger (slightly foisty or stale) and requires more and more chlorine or non-chlorine shock in order to leave the water anywhere remotely close to clear.

Any one's opinion,advice,own experience or maintenance technique/programs, if they know about or use aqua finesse (succesfully) is welcomed. I would prefer to keep using aquafinesse as I am not always home to attend to the tub on a daily basis. I also bought a years supply of the stuff!

Thanks in advance, Dave.

I've had my arctic spa (frontier model) now for a year, but find it real hard making the water last much more than 7 weeks before it needs to be drained.

We live in a reasonably hard water area. I use aqua finesse as directed, with the chlorine tab in the dispenser all as directed but also shock once a week with either chlorine granules or a non-chlorine shock (I tend to alternate from week to week). There is no ozonater built in to the tub (which two of us use on average 2-3 times per week). We always shower before hand, and rarely take clothes in. I flush filters with a hose at least twice a week and replace every three weeks.

At first water feels soft and crystal clear but within a few weeks it begins to haze and then goes on to progress to cloudy. I use water polish to bind finer particles as required but even this does not seem to bring the sparkle back. In the finish the water begins to smell stronger (slightly foisty or stale) and requires more and more chlorine or non-chlorine shock in order to leave the water anywhere remotely close to clear.

Any one's opinion,advice,own experience or maintenance technique/programs, if they know about or use aqua finesse (successfully) is welcomed. I would prefer to keep using aquafinesse as I am not always home to attend to the tub on a daily basis.

I am not familiar with Aqua Finess. The company does discuss cloudy water on the FAQ at their site.. Perhaps that will help. They also offer online technical support.

Best of luck.

Hi,

How often do you test your water ?

Do you have test numbers you can share ?

jeff

Hi,

Just tested the water using aquachek test strips and the readings are as follows.

apx 8.1 ph

1 ppm free chlorine

180 ppm total alkalinity

and 30-50 ppm stabilizer

The water was changed just under a week ago and has only been used the once.

Here are some suggested ranges to go with your test results

apx 8.1 ph (7.4 - 7.6)

1 ppm free chlorine (3.0 - 5.0)

180 ppm total alkalinity (80 - 120)

and 30-50 ppm stabilizer - Not bad

pH and alkalinity tend to both move when you adjust for one.

adjust your alkalinity first then check pH again before adjusting.

jeff

Here are some suggested ranges to go with your test results

apx 8.1 ph (7.4 - 7.6)

1 ppm free chlorine (3.0 - 5.0)

180 ppm total alkalinity (80 - 120)

and 30-50 ppm stabilizer - Not bad

pH and alkalinity tend to both move when you adjust for one.

adjust your alkalinity first then check pH again before adjusting.

jeff

Thanks for the advice! I struggle getting either ph or total alkalinity lower. I adjust both down when I fill the tub to within range but after a week or two of using the aquafinesse it seems to push it back to, and holds it at the level stated. Will try going with a little more chlorine.

I adjust both down when I fill the tub to within range but after a week or two of using the aquafinesse it seems to push it back to, and holds it at the level stated.

Not that I have used aquafinesse (I am very interested in it though) but this thread seems to indicate that 8.0ish is normal for ph using aquafinesse.

Mark

• 4 months later...

Hello Dave,

My name is Christian ... I am the Canadian Importer and Distributor of AquaFinesse for Canada. We are currently in the process of setting up dealers across Canada but in the mean time, feel free to call me directly with all your Questions about the Product.

There are so many bad advise when it comes to water chemistry all over the World... and more so in Canada. After training dealers and Customers on water chemicsty for 15 years, I've see and heard everything.

Let me help you with AquaFinesse.

1- test your water and Keep the Total Alkalinity over 100 at all times. (regardless of what product you use to sanitize, if the Alkalinity drops below 100 in any spas, it causes issues such as dry water, itchy skin, foam, cloudy water when jets are turned on, and hurts the effectivness of your sanitizer. It also causes damages to tub parts such as jets, head rest, covers, heater and so on and so on.

so, make sure that you KEEP it OVER 100.

In a typical spa, because chlorine or bromine in any form is acidic, it will lower your alkalinity over time... if you live in an area where it comes out of the tapp below, you need to increase right away.... if you live in an area where it comes out at 180-200 or more.. Leave it Alone and let it come down slowly.

2-*** The biggest mistake people make is to follow those silly test strips and lower the Ph Constantly... this is done with ACID.... and, this is wrong.

The only reason to lower your ph and alkalinity is calcium formation. But, since AquaFinesse removes build up and stops calcium from forming, we don't need to lower it anymore.

Trust me on this..I have a 3 year old hot tub, my jets and head rest are like new and there is absolutely 0 build up!

When your water is balanced properly...now we look at AquaFinesse anc Chlorine use.

1- one puck at a time in the slow release dispenser.... and Change the Puck before it's completely dissolved.

2- if you don't have a 24 hour cisculation pump, make sure that your filter cycles are at least 4 hours long, twice per day... MINIMUM!

AquaFinesse works on flow... it cleans plubming, jets, heater, etc etc but requires flow and enough of it in relation to the age of your spa and usage (how many people per week, etc)

3- Rinse your filter with pressure WEEKLY.. and I mean garden hose with a jet nozzle kind of pressure!

This is crutial... AquaFinesse has coagulants in it...so, it will take the bi-products, organic contaminents, chloramines, etc and ptu them in the filter... you need to FLUSH IT OUT!

4- Don't use disposable filters... they hold too much chloramines and they hold bacteria... the worse idea for clean water... but a good idea if you are in teh filter business.

5- SOAK your filters once per month... use our AquaFinesse Filter Cleaning Tablets since they will break down calcium and oils without killing your filters with acid!

6- If you still have cloudy water, use a Chlorine Shock! and I mean a good dose... Dichlor is the best...one once or 30 gms will do... turn on jets, leaving cover open for 15 minutes.

This WILL fix your problem.

My water is 12 months old.... and as clear as fresh water!

Christian

We live in a resonably hard water area. I use aqua finesse as directed, with the chlorine tab in the dispenser all as directed but also shock once a week with either chlorine granules or a non-chlorine shock (I tend to alternate from week to week). There is no ozonater built in to the tub (which two of us use on average 2-3 times per week). We always shower before hand, and rarely take clothes in. I flush filters with a hose at least twice a week and replace every three weeks.

Any one's opinion,advice,own experience or maintenance technique/programs, if they know about or use aqua finesse (succesfully) is welcomed. I would prefer to keep using aquafinesse as I am not always home to attend to the tub on a daily basis. I also bought a years supply of the stuff!

Thanks in advance, Dave.

Thanks in advance, Dave.

Also.....I forgot to mention that you should NOT use any other clarifiers... this will also make things more cloudy since you already have coagulants in the AquaFinesse solution...

- So, ad one dose of Liquid per week (and make sure you use the required amount on the bottle...no more...) - one chlorine puck at a time but change it as soon as it's dissolved - rinse filters with pressure weekly - soak monthly - and if...if if if... required, 30 gms of Dichlor when cloudy or smelly. - and keep alkalinity over 100.... leaving ph alone.

AquaFinesse is designed to remove Biofilm. It is the only product available on the market that will break down biofilm, coagulate and send to filters... at the same time, it will remove calcium buildup... body oils, organic contaminents, etc etc...

• 1 year later...
Hello Dave,

My name is Christian ... I am the Canadian Importer and Distributor of AquaFinesse for Canada. We are currently in the process of setting up dealers across Canada but in the mean time, feel free to call me directly with all your Questions about the Product.

There are so many bad advise when it comes to water chemistry all over the World... and more so in Canada. After training dealers and Customers on water chemicsty for 15 years, I've see and heard everything.

Let me help you with AquaFinesse.

1- test your water and Keep the Total Alkalinity over 100 at all times. (regardless of what product you use to sanitize, if the Alkalinity drops below 100 in any spas, it causes issues such as dry water, itchy skin, foam, cloudy water when jets are turned on, and hurts the effectivness of your sanitizer. It also causes damages to tub parts such as jets, head rest, covers, heater and so on and so on.

so, make sure that you KEEP it OVER 100.

In a typical spa, because chlorine or bromine in any form is acidic, it will lower your alkalinity over time... if you live in an area where it comes out of the tapp below, you need to increase right away.... if you live in an area where it comes out at 180-200 or more.. Leave it Alone and let it come down slowly.

2-*** The biggest mistake people make is to follow those silly test strips and lower the Ph Constantly... this is done with ACID.... and, this is wrong.

The only reason to lower your ph and alkalinity is calcium formation. But, since AquaFinesse removes build up and stops calcium from forming, we don't need to lower it anymore.

Trust me on this..I have a 3 year old hot tub, my jets and head rest are like new and there is absolutely 0 build up!

When your water is balanced properly...now we look at AquaFinesse anc Chlorine use.

1- one puck at a time in the slow release dispenser.... and Change the Puck before it's completely dissolved.

2- if you don't have a 24 hour cisculation pump, make sure that your filter cycles are at least 4 hours long, twice per day... MINIMUM!

AquaFinesse works on flow... it cleans plubming, jets, heater, etc etc but requires flow and enough of it in relation to the age of your spa and usage (how many people per week, etc)

3- Rinse your filter with pressure WEEKLY.. and I mean garden hose with a jet nozzle kind of pressure!

This is crutial... AquaFinesse has coagulants in it...so, it will take the bi-products, organic contaminents, chloramines, etc and ptu them in the filter... you need to FLUSH IT OUT!

4- Don't use disposable filters... they hold too much chloramines and they hold bacteria... the worse idea for clean water... but a good idea if you are in teh filter business.

5- SOAK your filters once per month... use our AquaFinesse Filter Cleaning Tablets since they will break down calcium and oils without killing your filters with acid!

6- If you still have cloudy water, use a Chlorine Shock! and I mean a good dose... Dichlor is the best...one once or 30 gms will do... turn on jets, leaving cover open for 15 minutes.

This WILL fix your problem.

My water is 12 months old.... and as clear as fresh water!

Christian

Hi Christian,

We live out in the country where alkalinity is high (off the test strip). Do you still recommend NOT using Acid Magic?

Thanks!

• 9 years later...
  • 1 year later...