Wave Tec Pools

kaitlin

:huh: I am used to the old fashioned gunnite and plaster pools. Could someone explain what the process is for a "modular pool"? I'm imagining a large, one piece, pre-fab, polyurethane or vinyl shell, sunk onto a liner of what, gunnite, cement, felt. Thanks in advance for any information.

:huh: I am used to the old fashioned gunnite and plaster pools. Could someone explain what the process is for a "modular pool"? I'm imagining a large, one piece, pre-fab, polyurethane or vinyl shell, sunk onto a liner of what, gunnite, cement, felt. Thanks in advance for any information.

WaveTec uses Foxx Pools, an in ground, vinyl liner pool. I have one and it's doing fine. There have been many complaints about Wavetec on this site though, so be careful. A hole is dug just as if you were to get a gunite or cement pool. Then they put up the frame which is made with the "X Brace" technology.....The walls and frame work are galvanized steel guaranteed not to corrode. Then a bottom is poured out of "poolcrete" which is a type of cement. Then the liner is fitted and the deck is poured. Can't remember when the plumbing is done......

I went with the vinyl liner as my soil is heavy with clay and was advised before I got my pool that due to earth shifting, cracks could (and eventually would) start damaging the cement or gunnite and the steel walls were guaranteed to resist ground shifting. If all of the contractors w/ Wavetec were as good as mine, I think there would be so many fewer complaints, but some have not been so lucky..... It seems kind of like a dice toss, unfortunately......

The vinyl liner pool goes like this...dig the hole, put up 4' galvanized wall, pour 12" cement around bottom of wall, stucco poolcrete (cement) on the floor and wall, hang a pre-formed vinyl liner over it, fill in the sides with fill dirt and pour concrete walkway. Fill with water and swim! At least that is what I have learned!

Gary

I'm not sure the poolcrete goes on the walls. Mine is just on the floor.

Kaitlin, get a gunite pool from a reputable pool company, and save yourself before the real problems start. If you are thinking Modular from Wave Tec, you may want to spend some time reading all of these post. I have one in my backyard...BIGGEST MISTAKE--EVER!!!!

Be Careful!

I'm not sure the poolcrete goes on the walls. Mine is just on the floor.

Kaitlin, get a gunite pool from a reputable pool company, and save yourself before the real problems start. If you are thinking Modular from Wave Tec, you may want to spend some time reading all of these post. I have one in my backyard...BIGGEST MISTAKE--EVER!!!!

Be Careful!

I am sorry to hear about all your problems..... Where in Texas are you?