Solana Tx Pricing

Webini

It is a low end acrylic. Don't pay over 4K

Thanks, I appreciate the input.

By "low end" you imply something wrong with the tub. I've read nothing but praise for this model. Its about the only tub that fits our space and we only need room for two (long story).

What am I missing?

What he is trying to say is that it is an entry level spa offered by the largest, most successful spa company in the world, Watkins Mfg. Watkins makes HotSpring, Tiger River, Hot Spot, Solana, and Caldera Spas. The Solana Spas are a specialty spa designed for people with the same situation you are encountering: limited space.

We have sold Solana TX's since their inception 5 years ago. They are extremely popular, durable, and affordable. At my store, I sell about 20/year. I have had one service call on one for a defective check valve which we replaced under warranty and it took all of 10 minutes.

You can place the spa pretty much anywhere. There is a lot of room in the spa. My wife and I are both 6' and we have plenty of leg space. We put one on a houseboat out at Lake O' the Pines a couple of years ago. Talk about living the good life: sitting in your hot tub, on your houseboat, fishing and drinking beer!!!

It is a great little spa that is backed by a solid company. We sell them for 3955 with a locking insulated cover, delivery, installation, and a 2 month supply of water care products.

If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask. :)

Terminator

What he is trying to say is that it is an entry level spa offered by the largest, most successful spa company in the world, Watkins Mfg. Watkins makes HotSpring, Tiger River, Hot Spot, Solana, and Caldera Spas. The Solana Spas are a specialty spa designed for people with the same situation you are encountering: limited space.

We have sold Solana TX's since their inception 5 years ago. They are extremely popular, durable, and affordable. At my store, I sell about 20/year. I have had one service call on one for a defective check valve which we replaced under warranty and it took all of 10 minutes.

You can place the spa pretty much anywhere. There is a lot of room in the spa. My wife and I are both 6' and we have plenty of leg space. We put one on a houseboat out at Lake O' the Pines a couple of years ago. Talk about living the good life: sitting in your hot tub, on your houseboat, fishing and drinking beer!!!

It is a great little spa that is backed by a solid company. We sell them for 3955 with a locking insulated cover, delivery, installation, and a 2 month supply of water care products.

If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask. :)

Terminator

Thank you, this is very helpful. We're off to do a wet test this weekend.

My wife and I are looking at the Solana TX. Does anyone have any info on a fair price for this tub? We're in the Northeast. How much are the typical "extras" (cover, chemicals, etc) worth?

The Solana is strictly a 110 volt spa. Did you know that with all 110 volt spas it is impossible to run the heater and pump at the same time therefore the spa will not keep temperature and cost you a more to operate than a 220 volt 2 person spa. Getting a 220 volt hook up will cost more up front, but it will pay for itself over and over again. The Solana has an arcylic shell with a ABS plastic backing. Problem with plastic backing on arcylic shells is that the heat passes right through the spas shell. Arcylic shells with a fiber glass backing hold the heat better. Did you look at the warranty? Its 1 year on everything and one 1 year no leak warranty which is very poor for a spa that cost 4000.00. The Solana is an ok spa if you live in a warm climate. Northeast has some of the toughest winters in the USA.

The Solana is strictly a 110 volt spa. Did you know that with all 110 volt spas it is impossible to run the heater and pump at the same time therefore the spa will not keep temperature and cost you a more to operate than a 220 volt 2 person spa. Getting a 220 volt hook up will cost more up front, but it will pay for itself over and over again. The Solana has an arcylic shell with a ABS plastic backing. Problem with plastic backing on arcylic shells is that the heat passes right through the spas shell. Arcylic shells with a fiber glass backing hold the heat better. Did you look at the warranty? Its 1 year on everything and one 1 year no leak warranty which is very poor for a spa that cost 4000.00. The Solana is an ok spa if you live in a warm climate. Northeast has some of the toughest winters in the USA.

Not true, you can absolutely run the heater and pump at the same time. You need to install the 115v, 30 amp kit. See "electrical information" at http://www.solanaspa.com/pdfs/solana_pre-d...ery_inst_06.pdf

Not true, you can absolutely run the heater and pump at the same time. You need to install the 115v, 30 amp kit. See "electrical information" at http://www.solanaspa.com/pdfs/solana_pre-d...ery_inst_06.pdf

110 VOLT WILL STILL COST YOU MORE TO OPERATE NO MATTER WHAT. YOUR BETTER OFF WITH A REAL 22O VOLT SPA. THE SOLANA IS DESIGNED AND CONFIGURED TO BE A 110 VOLT SPA FIRST. I WOULD GO WITH A SPA THAT IS DESIGNED TO BE A 220 VOLT SPA FIRST RATHER THAN SECOND. ONCE AGAIN READ THE SOLANAS WARRANTY

110 VOLT WILL STILL COST YOU MORE TO OPERATE NO MATTER WHAT. YOUR BETTER OFF WITH A REAL 22O VOLT SPA. THE SOLANA IS DESIGNED AND CONFIGURED TO BE A 110 VOLT SPA FIRST. I WOULD GO WITH A SPA THAT IS DESIGNED TO BE A 220 VOLT SPA FIRST RATHER THAN SECOND. ONCE AGAIN READ THE SOLANAS WARRANTY

I appreciate the advice, but this is about the only spa that fits my application. I'll live with a few more $ per month for electricity.

I have read the warranty.

Webini, good job not letting the ignorant or uninformed browbeat you into capitulation with disinformation. The Solana TX is an excellent, very popular spa. It is what it is: a specialty spa from the most successful spa manfufacturer in the industry for 20 years running. The electric cost differential will be no more than $5/month which ever way you decide to go. It is a fully insulated, energy efficient spa (unlike a lot of "hollow" spas that are sold to unwitting victims).

Keep doing the research, ask questions, and find the one that's right for you.

:)

Terminator

If you really wanted 220v, the TX can be converted to 220v, 50 amp. In my opinion, overkill for 130 gallons. We have sold hundreds of TXs over the years, 110v, 15 amp, and I am not aware of a single complaint regarding heat loss.

Just to close the loop, my wife and I wet tested both the Solana TX and Hot Springs Jetsetter this morning. We went with the Jetsetter. We figured out a way to make the Jetsetter fit and the design and room seemed to fit us much better.

Thank you to everyone that replied to my request for information. Much appreciated!

Now I've got to prepare the site...

• 7 months later...

Am wondering - what is the price difference between the solana tx - with 115 V 15 Amp - and the conversion - the 115 V 30 Amp ? What is cost of 115 volt 30 amp sub- panel from Solana Dealer ?

How much more do electricians charge to install the 30 amp sub-panel versus the standard 115 V 15 amp dedicated circuit??

Thanks

Am wondering - what is the price difference between the solana tx - with 115 V 15 Amp - and the conversion - the 115 V 30 Amp ? What is cost of 115 volt 30 amp sub- panel from Solana Dealer ?

How much more do electricians charge to install the 30 amp sub-panel versus the standard 115 V 15 amp dedicated circuit??

Thanks

It seems like a higher voltage 220 v other brand or a 30 amp solana tx - is really only beneficial in a cold climate - where you use the spa for long periods.

Am I right ?

Actually, as a side point, the Solana spa is fiberglass backed Acrylic.

B)