Starite Sr333na Heater - E01 Error Code

oc_chuckter

Hi,

Turned on my heater for the first time in months today - Service Heater light is on and E01 error code displays. Nothing helpful in the owners manual or on the website, would appreciate some help with troubleshooting this. Thanks!

Chuck

I can't find error codes list either. What is the heater doing. Is the blower running? I have replaced the air detection switch in these heaters before.

Other things to check is for any loose wires too

Hi,

Turned on my heater for the first time in months today - Service Heater light is on and E01 error code displays. Nothing helpful in the owners manual or on the website, would appreciate some help with troubleshooting this. Thanks!

Chuck

I can't find error codes list either. What is the heater doing. Is the blower running? I have replaced the air detection switch in these heaters before.

Thanks for your reply. Nothing is happening with the heater, no blower or other sounds. When turned on the display flashes a few codes (self-diagnostics I assume), then the Service light and error codes appear. Got a service man coming Wed, he didn't seem too worried.

Hi,

Chuck

Thanks for your reply. Nothing is happening with the heater, no blower or other sounds. When turned on the display flashes a few codes (self-diagnostics I assume), then the Service light and error codes appear. Got a service man coming Wed, he didn't seem too worried.

Let us know what it was.

Hi,

Chuck

Let us know what it was.

Mystery solved! Some rats (or other small rodent) made a nest inside...and they chewed thru some wires. Cleaned out the leaves & twigs, replaced the wires & all was well!

Thanks all.

I have seen this happen twice. Both of the heaters had a rat living inside. One of the heaters started acting up, so I I took it apart and cleaned out the nest. The other heater started on fire and almost burned down the guy's garage. I tried putting metal screen in the vents, but the heater was not getting enough air flow. I have told Starite about this issue. Now I take these heaters apart once a month to inspect for debris.

• 11 months later...
Hi,

Chuck

Let us know what it was.

Mystery solved! Some rats (or other small rodent) made a nest inside...and they chewed thru some wires. Cleaned out the leaves & twigs, replaced the wires & all was well!

Thanks all.

Chuck nailed it, had same problem E01 real his notes and cleaned out the two nests, repaired the wires, and its working fine now. Saved about $125.00,, Thanks for the help.

Thanks all.