Hydrospas

Guest Guest_Mike_*

Guest Guest_Mike_*

I would really appreciate any feedback on this brand. I like their foam and thermal blanket approach of insulation, seems to cover the best of both worlds, their lifetime warranty on the shell, easy access to all components, etc, but can't find much in the way of reviews. Their prices are very competitive. Anyone had experience with this brand?? Thanks!

I would really appreciate any feedback on this brand. I like their foam and thermal blanket approach of insulation, seems to cover the best of both worlds, their lifetime warranty on the shell, easy access to all components, etc, but can't find much in the way of reviews. Their prices are very competitive. Anyone had experience with this brand?? Thanks!

:angry: man i bought one last year and my jets are falling out they told me that chemical damage is not coverd these jets are made of garbage 1 year ols and falling apart now they said it would cost me 12.00 man there are 7 of them am i going to have to do this every year the ass told me that it was like changing my windsheild wipers i would not buy from them AGAIN!!!!!!!!

It bothers me to hear that the "jet burn" happens everyday. If a company is going to suggest that chemical damage would not cover their jets, they should provide very clear instructions on how to care for the water... and ongoing support to protect the consumer from being stuck like this. If you did not receive this, you may have a leg to stand on. I think it's a good idea to keep a log of how you take care of your spa. It really doesn't take very long to simply write down what you put in the water and may be worth avoiding the $12.00/jet yearly fee. This personal documentation should help protect you from any further so called "chemical exclusion" from a company. This exclusion should be clearly stated in a warranty which you should have readily accessable for your informed decision PRIOR to your purchase. If you do not have a copy of your spas warranty I would get one right away and find out if there are any other "exclusions" you should be aware of. The care and longevity of jets is a topic that must be addressed from the beginning. I hope that others won't have the same unfortunate experience. Good luck!

Lifetime warranty means different things in different states. Who's life time is it... yours, the spas, my frogs? :P Some states say lifetime is 7 years. You'll want to see how long the length of 100% coverage is in effect for a lifetime warranty and if there are any labor or shipping costs involved... may be found in the fine print. Look for the "loop holes" in a warranty that are meant to protect the company instead of the consumer. This is an important part of getting a "trouble free" spa. This way, you'll know what to do to care for it and know what to expect if something goes wrong.

It bothers me to hear that the "jet burn" happens everyday. If a company is going to suggest that chemical damage would not cover their jets, they should provide very clear instructions on how to care for the water... and ongoing support to protect the consumer from being stuck like this. If you did not receive this, you may have a leg to stand on. I think it's a good idea to keep a log of how you take care of your spa. It really doesn't take very long to simply write down what you put in the water and may be worth avoiding the $12.00/jet yearly fee. This personal documentation should help protect you from any further so called "chemical exclusion" from a company. This exclusion should be clearly stated in a warranty which you should have readily accessable for your informed decision PRIOR to your purchase. If you do not have a copy of your spas warranty I would get one right away and find out if there are any other "exclusions" you should be aware of. The care and longevity of jets is a topic that must be addressed from the beginning. I hope that others won't have the same unfortunate experience. Good luck!

Lifetime warranty means different things in different states. Who's life time is it... yours, the spas, my frogs? :P Some states say lifetime is 7 years. You'll want to see how long the length of 100% coverage is in effect for a lifetime warranty and if there are any labor or shipping costs involved... may be found in the fine print. Look for the "loop holes" in a warranty that are meant to protect the company instead of the consumer. This is an important part of getting a "trouble free" spa. This way, you'll know what to do to care for it and know what to expect if something goes wrong.

Amanda < I still owe you for that Batman thing!! :ph34r:

I bought a Gulf Coast Spa. They have the same insulation. I bought an Englewood for $4200 after a lot of shopping. Their warranty really is lifetime (not the lessor state law).

Had it for a year and love it, had to replace the white light bulb and thats when I loved how they insulated it-- easy to access but still efficient. So my sister bought one like mine.

HydroSpa and Gulf Coast were manufactured side by side until recently.

:angry: man i bought one last year and my jets are falling out they told me that chemical damage is not coverd these jets are made of garbage 1 year ols and falling apart now they said it would cost me 12.00 man there are 7 of them am i going to have to do this every year the ass told me that it was like changing my windsheild wipers i would not buy from them AGAIN!!!!!!!!

Hydro Spa has the absolute worst customer service and business ethic I have ever experienced. They should be ashamed of themselves but they will never admit accountability on their part for anything AND they love to claim you are the only one who has ever complained!

Amanda < I still owe you for that Batman thing!! :ph34r:

HAHAHA! I see you have a superman outfit instead in your picture! Better than being a bat!

:wub:

Hydro Spa has the absolute worst customer service and business ethic I have ever experienced. They should be ashamed of themselves but they will never admit accountability on their part for anything AND they love to claim you are the only one who has ever complained!

This doesn't seem to be looking very good for Hydro Spas.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a hydro spa Millenium II and absolutely love it. I did have a couple of issues when it arrived and had the opposite experience. I found their customer service to be very helpful, knowledgeable, and they were able to clear up all the issues on the phone except for one which they sent the part out for immediately. Because of how they put the hot tub together, I was able to replace the part by myself and had it up and running in no time. Since that time I've just wondered why it took me so long to buy a hot tub from HydroSpa because I and my family have been enjoying it every day since we've got it.

Anyway, just wanted to give my two cents

You worked on your spa yourself? you voided out your warrenty. I got a hydrospa missing a cord and a few other parts. It had a bad spa pack, then they tried to send me a used spa pack to replace it. After fighting with them ,they tried to say that used parts were ok under the warrenty, then they tried to say the warrenty was bad because i put in the parts that were missing (I was able to do that because the warrenty guys had been out to my house so many times, i didn't need them anymore, i could do it myself).

I just ordered filters from them. They sent the wrong ones telling me in a not so nice way that it was my fault (i not only ordered the wrong ones on-line, i also apparently spelled my last name wrong). I ran thru the ordering site again, and it turns out that they had the wrong codes listed. I called back and after them admitting to the problem, they told me they would "try" and help me out by slipping the new ones past the shipping manager.

I wont get into how they dont return calls.

Hydrospa is good if you want to learn how spas work, because they will have you fixing yours constantly.

I have a Hydro Spa and I love it. I had an issue during the first month of ownership and they

had a tech out within two days to help me. That was three years ago and I've never had another

problem. I've called to order a a few things from them and they've always been professional

and their orders accurate.size]