How Long Should It Take To Heat My Water After Refill?

...There was a few changes in heaters around that time. If yours had a reset button on it, then it was most likely the 6K Tri-bend heater, and not the 4K heater that jd-santaclarita is asking about. If he/she has a 4 KW No-Fault heater then it does not have a reset button on it!

All I can go by is what my documentation states ( a 4K heater), and the fact that my 2005 Caspian did indeed had a reset switch (and I wasn't the only one to have a 05 Caspain with a reset). If Watkins were putting Tribends in the 05 Caspians, then they weren't documented, and only a technican would know the difference.

Regardelss then, If Watkins is not documenting thier heaters accuratley, then a consumer who bought a tub (esp used) may not have the heater he thinks he has and it would be prudent to actually check to see if there's a reset switch. ^_^

so, A 4K may not have a reset, but an 05 Caspain may well have. How's that? :D

...There was a few changes in heaters around that time. If yours had a reset button on it, then it was most likely the 6K Tri-bend heater, and not the 4K heater that jd-santaclarita is asking about. If he/she has a 4 KW No-Fault heater then it does not have a reset button on it!

All I can go by is what my documentation states ( a 4K heater), and the fact that my 2005 Caspian did indeed had a reset switch (and I wasn't the only one to have a 05 Caspain with a reset). If Watkins were putting Tribends in the 05 Caspians, then they weren't documented, and only a technican would know the difference.

Regardelss then, If Watkins is not documenting thier heaters accuratley, then a consumer who bought a tub (esp used) may not have the heater he thinks he has and it would be prudent to actually check to see if there's a reset switch. ^_^

so, A 4K may not have a reset, but an 05 Caspain may well have. How's that? :D

Ok, I figured it out. Watkins changed heaters in the 3rd quarter of '05. Tiger River Spas produced in the first two quarters of '05 had the Tri-bend 6K heaters (which had resets) and spas produced after that had the No-Fault titanium 4K heaters(no resets). You apparently had a tub from the first two quarters but had literature from a tub produced after that with a different heater.

• 1 month later...

Easy way to figure out how quickly your spa should recover after refilling:

(gallons x 8.4)*(temperature differential) / (3413 * kw of heater)

So if your spa is 400 gallons, water temperature upon filling is 60 degrees, you want to heat to 100 degrees, and your heater is 5kw it will take:

((400 x 8.4) x (40))/(3413 x 5) = 7.9 hours