Newbie Confused... Again

quarry

No feathers ruffled and sorry if I ruffled any. I am wanting to buy a spa that will be economical and efficient for years of use. I just would like to know what the facts are from people with experience with various filtering methods and overall costs. I did find another manufacturer who says water change every 6 months and uses the paper filter system and change the filters once a year with monthly cleaning. My question is still, if anyone could answer, how often do you change out the water with each of the filter systems? (Looking at main topic) In other words, how long to the Artic ppl run with a tub of water before draining vs. other filtering systems (paper, sock, grandma's nylons....)

Do Artic owners find they really use less chemicals with this filter? Oh no.. could I have opened a new door about empty bottles for chemicals hitting landfills are higher for paper filter users? ACK! Sorry! :rolleyes:

Foot note to this vs my first post here: This spa sports the ozone system where the first one did not.

My question is still, if anyone could answer, how often do you change out the water with each of the filter systems? (Looking at main topic)

Expect to change the water every 4 to 5 months. I'm being completely brand neutral when I say I would not expect much difference on this between brands no matter what the hype is that you may hear.

My question is still, if anyone could answer, how often do you change out the water with each of the filter systems? (Looking at main topic)

Expect to change the water every 4 to 5 months. I'm being completely brand neutral when I say I would not expect much difference on this between brands no matter what the hype is that you may hear.

Spatech is right. Couple things I would add would be that the key is knowing what the TDS (total dissolved solids) of your source water is. This is will give you an idea of how often you will need to drain. It's also dependant on usage...how many people, how often. Personally, I would suggest every 3-4 months but that would just be splitting hairs! :P

Nothing changes from brand to brand really as most of it is just marketing. For YEARS, I kept a 6 person spa in perfect condition with 4 of us using it almost every day with 1 - 25 sq ft filter. Do you need 6 filters or no bypass, or floor vacuums, or pressure/suction side filtration for great water? NO!

Just an understanding of watercare and how to prevent issues before they happen.

thanx guys for all the info, (didn't mean to start an environmental debate when I started this topic) well all things weighed up and many wet tests later we have now ordered an artcic spa frontier, with onzen,wet tunes, cover,lifter,steps and a few other freebies thrown in. so now looking forward to delivery...approx 8 weeks. It was a close call between that and hot springs Aria but the onzen system and dealer attitude that swung it. I explained this to the hot spring guy and then he proceeded to send me an email about the downfalls of the salt system, not good for frequent use, struggles with large amount of people in the tub etc etc, surely if several major brands of hot tub are developing a salt system then that is progression, I guess when hot springs develop theirs he'll tell me how good it is.

Just one question to any of you out there who has a salt system, is the water salty? I understand the concept of it and that is producing chlorine etc, but does it still maintain a salty solution or does it all turn to chlorine?

Congrats on ordering your new Arctic Spa quarry. You won't be disappointed. That’s too bad that the other dealer said those things. The Onzen system actually performs very well, and customers have been very pleased with the results so far. The water is not really salty per se, but it does give it a nice soft feeling to it by using the salt. You should really like it.

Be sure to share some pics when you take delivery. Now the hard part, waiting for delivery!!! :D

• 2 months later...

Just to give you an update, Arctic Spa frontier gets delivered next wednesday.....at long last!!! I know it may not seem that long (I suspect that none of you gave it a seconds thought whilst you're sat in your tubs :D ) but trust me it seems like an eternity, I've probably dreamed of being in it everyday since ordering. The weather here is turning now for winter, brilliant, the sky's much clearer and darker so the night sky is so much more visible. For you experienced guys out there, It gets installed about 9 am will it have reached temp by the evening on the same day? Hope so or I might be cold when I get in....... :wacko:

we had our arctic summit delivered monday and the delivery men left at 5:50 pm and the water temp was up to 95 degrees by 10:30

Just to give you an update, Arctic Spa frontier gets delivered next wednesday.....at long last!!! I know it may not seem that long (I suspect that none of you gave it a seconds thought whilst you're sat in your tubs :D ) but trust me it seems like an eternity, I've probably dreamed of being in it everyday since ordering. The weather here is turning now for winter, brilliant, the sky's much clearer and darker so the night sky is so much more visible. For you experienced guys out there, It gets installed about 9 am will it have reached temp by the evening on the same day? Hope so or I might be cold when I get in....... :wacko: