Anyone Own An Infinity Laguna Spa?

MedmanTn

Well made spas by the top manufacturers are tested by filling with water and having every system checked.

Reeated stories like this tell me one thing (well maybe a few things but one thing in particular); there is NO way these spas are being fully water tested. They're trying to save money by skipping this very important test which takes time and resources. The reason so many people are having these issues with these type spas at start up is not only a lack of qaulity but also a lack of quality control and inspection!

Well, at first it was just stupid things. The light wasn't plugged in...fixed that in 2 seconds. Took me a while longer to figure out that the blower (which I never use anyway) wasn't wired correctly. There is a cable coming out of the control box (not the panel but the big box down inside the cabinet) ending in a large plastic 4-pin connector. The cable from the blower comes around from the side of the tub and plugs into this first cable with a matching connector. The cables only consist of 3 wires, so, so one pin on each connector is empty. Some idiot at infinity wired the two halves of the connector so that the white wires coming in from each side "missed" each other. The mistake was plainly visible and once I noticed it, I just clipped off the connectors and replaced them with some from home depot. This was a random manufacturing goof that nobody else on this forum will probably ever experience. Instead, you'll probably have some other goof that you'll have to identify and fix. Or you'll be lucky and have a perfect tub.

The biggest problem I've had has been water pumping back from the footwell jet into the .5" tube that comes from the ozonator. This water was pushing back against the flow-valve that keeps water from flowing all the way back into the ozonator. Eventually this pressure would "spit" the .25" feed tube from the ozonator out of the .5" tube that connects it to the footwell jet. This would leave the .5" tube spewing water all over the inside of the cabinet. Fortunately I would notice the sound of the spewing water (and the reduction in water level), jump out, unscrew the cabinet, and plug the ozonator feed tube back in. Unfortunately, it would just happen again the next night. I now have some zip-ties on the tubes to keep them from disconnecting, but this doesn't solve the problem of the water backing up from the footwell jet. I'm wondering if the ozonator is hooked up incorrectly or if there is something wrong with the footwell jet. If there is anybody out there with a Laguna (or familiar with one), I would like to compare notes.

Last night I noticed a banging sound coming from the side of the tub when I turn on the air to that side. I have yet to diagnose this problem.

I would definitely go get some insulation foam and supplement the insulation on your tub before putting it into its final enclosure.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well made spas by the top manufacturers are tested by filling with water and having every system checked.

Reeated stories like this tell me one thing (well maybe a few things but one thing in particular); there is NO way these spas are being fully water tested. They're trying to save money by skipping this very important test which takes time and resources. The reason so many people are having these issues with these type spas at start up is not only a lack of qaulity but also a lack of quality control and inspection!

I received my spa last week. It came way earlier than I thought it would. I am not ready for it. I have some construction going on and won't be able to get it setup for a few weeks.

I did look inside it and it looks like it has been water tested. (Water left behind) Now was it fully water tested? Don't know. When I get it going I will take pictures and let folks know of my experience. Any one get a good one? Looks like like right now on this forum we have 1 that needed some TLC.

Question on the blower. Can you just have the blower on? My wife likes the champagne effect sometimes.

• 2 weeks later...
Dude I'll bet 99% of the people who got this tub did so without defects. Remember that chem 101 is not some magical wizard spell that only hot tub dealers undertand, insulation can be purchased at Lowe's or Home Depot, and DYI folks can get around most of these issues easily. Feel confident in your purchase, save money when you can, and enjoy the hot water!

That's exactly what I was hoping. I figured only the people that had problems posted in the forums, and that for every one of those people, there were probably 99 people out there that had no problems and you just don't hear from them. Well, I bought the tub and guess what, it had problems.

For all you people out there waiting for the tub to arrive, or wondering whether to buy the tub, just make sure you EXPECT there to be issues, but take comfort that the issues will be fixable and that you will have saved $2K.

I think that a much smaller percentage of people will have bigger issues that they won't be able to fix themselves. This may be a real hassle because you will have to work with Infinity long distance to get it resolved and, depending on where you live, this could range from "kind of a hassle" to "major pain in the arse." Personally, I'd say $2K is worth this gamble.

Call Infinity and ask them to look up in their computer the local service company that they contract with in your area. Then call this local company and ask them what kind of service they do. In my case, there is only one local company that Infinity knows about and when I called them, they said they ONLY do shell repair. If I have problems with my electrical or plumbing that I can't fix myself, I'm going to be in a pickle. Infinity said they would figure something out, but it would take a while. I haven't heard from them in a couple of weeks and when I call them I just get put on hold forever. Fortunately, my tub is working ok right now and I have been really enjoying it, but there is a potential disaster brewing here.

I ordered my Infinity Laguna online from Costco.com on 8/2. I recieved an e-mail from Costco on 8/8 telling me the item had shipped. I was pleased. The e-mail stated "allow 5-7 days" for shipping to the local distributer. After 8 days and no word on the SPA, we e-mailed Speedy SPA delivery who was listed as the shipper. We received no reply. We e-mailed twice more over the next week, again with no reply. Finally, on 8/27, I was able to get speedy spa delivery to call me back and they were rude and disrespectful on the phone (as if this woman had been fielding these calls all day). The Speedy Spa Delivery representative told us they item had not left the factory. So I called Costco and after holding for 30 minutes was told that they were unable to contact the manufacturer and would send this matter to the "resolution team" and get back to me within one to two business days. 2 days later and still no call, so I called them again, same answer, "unable to contact the manufacturer, we'll send hand this off to the resolution team". Now I am getting slightly irritated. I stated that I called before and the matter had already been handed off to the resolution team and now I would like to speak to a supervisor. Finally after waiting for 30 min a supervisor came on the line and stated that infinity had in fact sent a shipping message to Costco and that they were confused as to why Speedy Spa Delivery was telling me the item had not been shipped (Costco policy is to NOT charge your credit card until the item has shipped). They said they would get to the bottom of it and call back later that day. Guess what, no call later that day. I called again the next day and finally got a lady at Costco with a clue. She was not a supervisor but should have been. She was courteous on the phone and said she would get a supervisor to call me back that day and she would also follow up with me. Well, she called me again to check on the status but the supervisor did not. Finally got a call from a costco supervisor last night telling the "the item was damaged in shipment" expect 3 more weeks for delivery..........and I say......WTF@!@##! Speedy SPA delivery never came clean on this even. Costco had no clue what happened and it took at least 4 calls and two hours of hold time with Costco.com customer service to finally get an answer. Infinity SPAs (the manufactuer) called me, apologized for the inconvenience and offered me a token SPA maintenance kit to comp me for my hassle. Sooo, I havnt even recieved my SPA yet and I am already frutrated beyone comprehension.

So do I wait 3 more weeks or cancel my order with Costco and chalk it up to being cheap and trying to buy a cheap SPA online to save a few bucks?? Based on the fiasco I have experienced to date, I am leery that future customer service with Infinity and/or Costco is going to be marginal at best.

Finally got a call from a costco supervisor last night telling the "the item was damaged in shipment" expect 3 more weeks for delivery..........and I say......WTF@!@##! Speedy SPA delivery never came clean on this even. Costco had no clue what happened and it took at least 4 calls and two hours of hold time with Costco.com customer service to finally get an answer. Infinity SPAs (the manufactuer) called me, apologized for the inconvenience and offered me a token SPA maintenance kit to comp me for my hassle. Sooo, I havnt even recieved my SPA yet and I am already frutrated beyone comprehension.

So do I wait 3 more weeks or cancel my order with Costco and chalk it up to being cheap and trying to buy a cheap SPA online to save a few bucks?? Based on the fiasco I have experienced to date, I am leery that future customer service with Infinity and/or Costco is going to be marginal at best.

1) I'm skeptical whether that is what really happened. It sounds like a default excuse.

2) Every spa being shipped has a destination and owner tied to it. Why would they not call that person and tell them what happened. Not a shocker though.

That is truly the question. I think the answer is obvious but I'm on the other side where I have a different view on spas in general and this type of product and service (or lack thereof).

My experience with calling infinity has been typical of most places...sometimes you get someone really nice and helpful and sometimes you get someone that, well...should be fired. The free spa care kit is a pretty good deal btw, though I understand you may not feel like it fully compensates for the stress and hassle you'be been through.

You all heard from me a while back in this thread. I haven't checked on this thread for a while because, frankly, my tub has been working ok and I haven't been thinking about it. I just finished a nice soak with my girlfriend...and I've been really enjoying the tub. With the zip-ties I added, the ozonator tube no longer becomes disconnected. I don't know if the water backing up into the tube keeps my ozonator from doing its job, but frankly I don't really care. The ozonators on this model of tub are a cheap gimmick anyway.

The "banging" I heard when I turned the air on (not the blower) is from water backing into the air system. I found that I could make the sound stop by simply turning the jets on high for a moment to flush the system. Not a big deal.

I got some foam-in-a-can insulation from Home Depot and patched up the insulation on the two sides of my tub that I still have good access to. I doubt it will make much of a difference. My first electric bill showed a $20-$30 difference from last month. It's tough to tell the real difference because my electric bill fluctuates so much anyway. A few more months may give me a better picture. If it gets crazy during the winter I might take more drastic measures to improve the insulation.

The bottom line is still this. I'm a first-time tub owner and the Laguna is giving me the tubbing experience I was looking for and I saved over $2000 on the purchase price. If some major disaster happens in the next year or two, I might change my tune...but for now, I'm lovin' life.

Side note: I initially laughed at the idea of paying extra to have a small built-in TV and/or radio in my tub, but now I'm thinking that could be pretty sweet. Next house maybe...

Just wanted to add that I read all the reviews here and all of the people saying the spa was junk. With that being said, I went ahead and pulled the trigger on this spa purely based on the fact that I didn't want to spend $6000 - $10,000 on something I wasn't even sure I would use very often. My tub arrived WAY ahead of schedule and I just recently was far enough with my deck rebuild project to actually get it hooked up / working. I did add extra insulation and while adding insultion I did notice that one of the boards was cut a little "long" and may interfere with one or two of the hoses, so I trimed the excess off that board. After seeing that and reading all of the reviews here I thought for sure when I filled it up and powered it up I would surely have leaks or some other issue, but no problems to report. All of the jets work as they should, electronics are working properly, and overall I frankly couldn't have been happier.

I'm very much a do it yourselfer, I read the reivews, I knew of the potential "issues" with this and other budget spas, and expected that I might have a lot of issues especially at inital start up. So far this thing is exceeding my expectations and I couldn't be happier with it. Admittly I'm only at the 3 "running days" mark with mine, but so far so good. Count me (surprisingly) in the happy / satisfied customer list.

I also wanted to thank this forum for being here, I've read TONS on water chemistry and TONS of hot tub reviews... all of which have been extremely helpful and allowed me as a "newbie" to get into the hot tub world with my eyes open and knowing what to expect.

That's great news Brian. I think you are the perfect kind of person for this tub. I can think of some people (e.g. my Mother) that should NOT buy a tub like this online. It's not that I'm an plumber or electrician or anything, but if you have common sense and are willing to take the panel off and poke around a bit, you can handle 99% of the types of problems that these tubs can have. They are not rocket engines...

How did you supplement the insulation Brian? I found that the foam-in-a-can from Home Depot was hard to apply and I didn't feel like I was probably making much of a difference overall. I was considering installing full foam pads like the guy earlier in this thread.

Also, have you checked to see if any water is backing into the ozonator tube or the air system?

It's great that your tub is working from the get-go. That was essentially my experience as well. I would definitely make sure you can at least access the front panel when the tub is fully installed in your deck. Maybe leave a small space on that side and hide it with some steps for the tub or something.

Jman,

I'm not sure on the ozonator.... I'll probably pull the cover off soon to see... I'm not sure that I've seen the "ozone bubbles" like everyone talks about, but then again I haven't really looked either. Regarding the deck... yes my hot tub will be recessed, however I'm making the decking removable so that I'll have FULL access to all 4 panels. I'm not about to fully enclose ANY brand of hot tub... especially not one of these :-) That being said... for the price I haven't seen any other hot tub that comes close to this in terms of features etc and I didn't like the "short" style that a lot of the other "budget spas" have.

:D:D

I see that Costco has an Infinity Laguna Spa on sale for 2999.99. This seems like a super price. I have been wanting a spa for a few years and last year I was in a wreck which makes me want one even more. The older I get the more I hurt:) Does anyone have an Infinity Laguna Spa and is it worth the $. I live in Nashville TN so the electric during the summer shouldn't be bad and winters are not that harsh either. I have never owned a spa and don't want to make a misteak on the one I purchase. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I bought the infinity spa and it was delivered way earlier than expected. I did not have my concrete poured but I was happy they were so efficient in getting it to me!!! My spa was delivered early, had no damages and works excellent!!!!!!! It is the best spa I have ever been in!!!! I have broke my neck and back and this one is great for necks, backs, shoulders, legs and feet!!! I am glad I did not read others posts because my spa is fantastic!!!!

Well it finaly arrived last Friday... it looks great and I had it wired yesterday (watch out for a sticker price here, it's $800 for a certified electrician to plug it in :( ).

EVERYTHING works... I had a little bit of trouble getting it out of the sleep mode (defaults to this mode apparently) to Standard mode... after 2 hours, the water was at 100 degrees and calling me for a try.

It is awesome... you can modify every single jet and indeed focus all the power on one seat (preferred one is the shoulder b laster one) and man... it's good. I still have to get the water straight though but that has nothing to do with the hardware. I love my spa :wub: even the mood light is cool.

I'll add some pictures later...

Thanks everyone.

Ok, so now that I have passed to "new Spa really cool" buzz, I decided to spend some time moving from one position to the other and checking out the controls and what feature is here or isn't.

First of all, everything works except that apparently, Infinity forgot to ship two of the rubber head cushions (the ones that snap on the upper part of the tub). Nothing major and I am sure this will be resolved soon.

Second, I am going to run a comparison between an $14,000 spa that I was in 2 weeks ago at a friend's place (the Jaccuzzi J-375 series). I know, I know, some people are not going to be happy about that (apples and oranges they'll say) but I have seen on this thread so much about the Laguna Spa being $3000 not being the same as other more expensive ones that I need to address this.

If you don't care to read the review, you may just jump to the last paragraph where I give my bottom line. If not, please carry on.

- The Shell: well believe it or not, the shell (that blue plastic surface that makes your tub) is as smooth as the Jacuzzi's. Back then, that was something that I really liked on the Jacuzzi. It is kind of soft and rubbery which is good because the spa absorbs shocks when you sit down. I was VERY hapy to see that this material was used. The caveat is that there is maintenance that comes with it (got to clean it with a special cleaner to keep it nice and smooth when you drain the spa).

- The Frame: Well, that was expected I suppose. It's really cheap wood that they used on the Laguna, unlike the Jacuzzi that has definetly a more solid, rot-free structure to offer. I suppose that as long as you keep rain water from running under the spa and standing there, you'll be fine. I need to make sure that this won't happen on mine.

- The insulation: well it's confirmed. It's as good as the frame. They used a foam can based product that they sprayed around the shell (inside the cabinet/frame of course). I am sure one can do better. I am thinking of spraying some more, or use these polystyren little bits they use to ship fragile items in carboard/UPS boxes. Anyhow, it's definetly not as good as the Jacuzzi (and by far).

- The Jets: Now, THAT is a forte for the Laguna. There a 15 more jets that you can individually open, close, diminish power, lower power. And let me tell you, you indeed DO get blasted when you concentrate the power on one sit, like JMAN03 mentionned. It also has that position where you can have the top of you shoulders massaged (the only thing is that I am too tall so I can't sit straight on that position but not a problem for me :). The Jacuzzi's jets are bigger though, so more water comes through less jets... I guess it's a matter of personal preference at this point. The Jac also has more valves (those knobs that control the power on one sit) unlike the Laguna which has 2 (one that control all the sits on the left and another one that controls all the sits on the, well, right. Foot massage is a feature in the Laguna; you can transform that water fall into a jet for your toes... not in the Jac.

- The water pump: the pump is 6Hp on the Laguna while the Jac has 2 with 4.2 HP. And there is a difference indeed if you have all sits being used... when you open all jets on the laguna, you do feel a lack of power... Since me and my wife are the only ones in, we're happy with what we have but I fear comments from my dad and sister when they'll come and give it a try (Nic, is it on now?.. yes it is... Are you sure because... I said Yes It Is <_< ).

- The air pump. Some have said it's useless and in terms of massage, it is. In terms of making kids happy and/or feeling like you are cooked like a lobster, it's right on. The air however is not heated so you will feel some cold air under your, legs and higher. Can't remember if the Jac had that but it probably did and did it better.

- Light. I am sorry but I reaaaaly like this mood light (changes colors automatically). It adds something to focus on when you stop all the jets for a moment... you know, when you're relaxed.. like " ooh dude... green... nice... purple... nice too... red.. sweet... ". You get my point ;) .

So there. My bottom line. Well it's my first spa and I am truely happy with it. If I take good care of it, it will last me a while, I am sure. Sure, I would prefer the Jac but for $11,000 (that I don't have) less, the Laguna really is a bargain. No regrets whatsoever. If you need to relax, enjoy 1/2 every night of decent massage, this is it. If you need something for health (back pain, circulation, etc) reasons, you might want to look for another one although you will get something out of the Laguna.

Happy tubing :)

Ok, so now that I have passed to "new Spa really cool" buzz, I decided to spend some time moving from one position to the other and checking out the controls and what feature is here or isn't.

First of all, everything works except that apparently, Infinity forgot to ship two of the rubber head cushions (the ones that snap on the upper part of the tub). Nothing major and I am sure this will be resolved soon.

Second, I am going to run a comparison between an $14,000 spa that I was in 2 weeks ago at a friend's place (the Jaccuzzi J-375 series). I know, I know, some people are not going to be happy about that (apples and oranges they'll say) but I have seen on this thread so much about the Laguna Spa being $3000 not being the same as other more expensive ones that I need to address this.

If you don't care to read the review, you may just jump to the last paragraph where I give my bottom line. If not, please carry on.

- The Shell: well believe it or not, the shell (that blue plastic surface that makes your tub) is as smooth as the Jacuzzi's. Back then, that was something that I really liked on the Jacuzzi. It is kind of soft and rubbery which is good because the spa absorbs shocks when you sit down. I was VERY hapy to see that this material was used. The caveat is that there is maintenance that comes with it (got to clean it with a special cleaner to keep it nice and smooth when you drain the spa).

- The Frame: Well, that was expected I suppose. It's really cheap wood that they used on the Laguna, unlike the Jacuzzi that has definetly a more solid, rot-free structure to offer. I suppose that as long as you keep rain water from running under the spa and standing there, you'll be fine. I need to make sure that this won't happen on mine.

- The insulation: well it's confirmed. It's as good as the frame. They used a foam can based product that they sprayed around the shell (inside the cabinet/frame of course). I am sure one can do better. I am thinking of spraying some more, or use these polystyren little bits they use to ship fragile items in carboard/UPS boxes. Anyhow, it's definetly not as good as the Jacuzzi (and by far).

- The Jets: Now, THAT is a forte for the Laguna. There a 15 more jets that you can individually open, close, diminish power, lower power. And let me tell you, you indeed DO get blasted when you concentrate the power on one sit, like JMAN03 mentionned. It also has that position where you can have the top of you shoulders massaged (the only thing is that I am too tall so I can't sit straight on that position but not a problem for me :). The Jacuzzi's jets are bigger though, so more water comes through less jets... I guess it's a matter of personal preference at this point. The Jac also has more valves (those knobs that control the power on one sit) unlike the Laguna which has 2 (one that control all the sits on the left and another one that controls all the sits on the, well, right. Foot massage is a feature in the Laguna; you can transform that water fall into a jet for your toes... not in the Jac.

- The water pump: the pump is 6Hp on the Laguna while the Jac has 2 with 4.2 HP. And there is a difference indeed if you have all sits being used... when you open all jets on the laguna, you do feel a lack of power... Since me and my wife are the only ones in, we're happy with what we have but I fear comments from my dad and sister when they'll come and give it a try (Nic, is it on now?.. yes it is... Are you sure because... I said Yes It Is <_< ).

- The air pump. Some have said it's useless and in terms of massage, it is. In terms of making kids happy and/or feeling like you are cooked like a lobster, it's right on. The air however is not heated so you will feel some cold air under your, legs and higher. Can't remember if the Jac had that but it probably did and did it better.

- Light. I am sorry but I reaaaaly like this mood light (changes colors automatically). It adds something to focus on when you stop all the jets for a moment... you know, when you're relaxed.. like " ooh dude... green... nice... purple... nice too... red.. sweet... ". You get my point ;) .

So there. My bottom line. Well it's my first spa and I am truely happy with it. If I take good care of it, it will last me a while, I am sure. Sure, I would prefer the Jac but for $11,000 (that I don't have) less, the Laguna really is a bargain. No regrets whatsoever. If you need to relax, enjoy 1/2 every night of decent massage, this is it. If you need something for health (back pain, circulation, etc) reasons, you might want to look for another one although you will get something out of the Laguna.

Hi Nic,

Glad to hear things are going well with your purchase. I also have a Costco spa. For me it came down to Costco (a different model than yours) or Sundance. I wanted a spa for years, so it really wasn't a budget thing.... but I admit that I do hate throwing money away. I chose the "cheapie" because it was IMO well made and contained decent parts from good manufacturers and as such, represented better value "to me". After a year and a half, it still works, nothing has blown up and I'm still pleased with it. I guess we'll see how things go after 10 more years.

Oh yeah, the backlight for the blower button just burnt out. Must be the cheap, low-quality, value-line, price-point light that Balboa put in there :P .

I like the air blower with the cold air! I don't use the blower a lot, but find that if I'm in for an extended soak and start to feel a bit overheated, I can turn on the blower for a while and the cool air is really refreshing.

All brands have service issues.... some are better than others, but as you read through the forum you see that none are trouble free. Mechanical, electro-mechanical and electronic parts will fail eventually, plastic plumbing will leak.... it's no big deal to fix, whether you do it yourself or call a dealer (in my area they will fix anything as long as your money is green, but I will repair mine myself). And if your spa develops a fatal problem (shell problem for instance) you can just return it to Costco. Not bad for a Kia. Enjoy your spa!

Cheers,

Hot Water

You found somebody who payed 14,000 for a 7000 dollar spa...wow what a rip off. Do they know that they payed that much for a 7-8 thousand dollar tub?

Second, I am going to run a comparison between an $14,000 spa that I was in 2 weeks ago at a friend's place (the Jaccuzzi J-375 series).

LOL, I don't know if your friend is pulling your leg or what but unless he got 2 of them he didn't pay $14k for a J-375! Ask him to see the invoice!! :rolleyes:

They aren't even that expensive here in Canada! :lol:

Second, I am going to run a comparison between an $14,000 spa that I was in 2 weeks ago at a friend's place (the Jaccuzzi J-375 series).

LOL, I don't know if your friend is pulling your leg or what but unless he got 2 of them he didn't pay $14k for a J-375! Ask him to see the invoice!! :rolleyes:

:D Ah ah.. I actually don't know how much he paid for it but all I know is that is the model he had and that's the price I found on the internet... I hope he didn't get ripped off if $7Ks is the real price ;)

Also, have you checked to see if any water is backing into the ozonator tube or the air system?

I did see that water was backing up into the ozone system up to the check valve. My ozone generator was actually bad from the beginning (never even would turn on). Infinity sent me a new Balboa one that seems to be working well (it lit up), however it still wasn't pulling ozone in, and was actually pressurizing the tube going towards it. Turns out whatever the "shower head" like jet is that they put down in the foot well (that can't be turned off) for whatever reason WILL NOT ever generate any vacuum. To solve the problem I just switched it out for one of the other jets, to take them out you just keep turning it counter clockwise after they fully open, and they will pop right out. I just switched it for one of the other jets and it instantly started creating a vacuum. I did also have to turn off a few of the jets to get enough of a vacuum to pull the ozone on the low speed. I'm thinking it's probably a combination that a few of the loops have a "little" water in them from before and the face that I've got two check valves in there now. I'm thinking once I dry out the lines and get back to one check valve it will probably work normally without having to turn off a few jets first. Still waiting on them to get someone out to fix my leak... good thing it's minor.

Yeah, me too the water seems to be backed up in the ozone tube... the water in it is very cloudy by the way. I tried running the spa in any setting and there is nothing happening on that tube (no bubbles, or anything).

What is supposed to happen when it works properly?

Thanks

When it's working properly the floor jet will have bubbles coming out of it anytime the spa is running. It's the jet that infinity is using there. I'm not sure why they use a different (non closing jet) on the floor, but it creates pressure instead of a vacuum on the line. Just swap it out for one of the other jets and it will probably start working fine. I'm thinking of getting another "regular" jet so I can get rid of this other one. I don't like the thought that it doesn't ever pull a vacuum.

Also, as an update Infinity sent me out a new ozone generator VERY quickly which is working well, unlike the original one. They are taking their sweet time getting out here to fix my leak, good thing it's REALLY small and I only have to empty a Gladware container once a week or so... I need to call and bug them.

I also had problems with my water being cloudy @ first, but these days I'm keeping it crystal clear... below is what I found:

1) Don't be afraid to shock it. I'm using chlorine, and I'm not afraid to dump a decent amount of MPS in as well if it's looking a bit cloudy.

2) Take the time to balance the pH, Alk, and Total Hardness. My water registered ZERO on the hardness, and I've finally been able to get it up (a little) and also used some baking soda to get the Alk up.

Just keep working with the chemicals, it took me a bit of time to get it there too and @ this point it's really not all that much work anymore.

• 2 weeks later...
1) Don't be afraid to shock it. I'm using chlorine, and I'm not afraid to dump a decent amount of MPS in as well if it's looking a bit cloudy.

2) Take the time to balance the pH, Alk, and Total Hardness. My water registered ZERO on the hardness, and I've finally been able to get it up (a little) and also used some baking soda to get the Alk up.

Just keep working with the chemicals, it took me a bit of time to get it there too and @ this point it's really not all that much work anymore.

Yup, I got my chem kit from Spa Depot and indeed, you got to shock that water. Still working on the hardness and have decided not to care about the Ozonator. Is ozone making a true difference by the way? What happens when it really works?

In the meantime, I have been ENJOYING this tub every single evening! A 20 minutes soaking session makes me sleep like a baby which is GREAT since I would wake up every night 3 or 4 times. It’s such a great experience too to just sit there, get a massage, watching the stars, hopping from one station to the other… I love my tub! :wub:

i made the mistake of buying this unit in August and 2 months later I am still dealing with them re service probles. Delivery appointment was broken and when dropped off the driver was rude and offensive. Unit was scratched under the packing and had a broken head pillow. Company relies on a part time repair service so I had to deal with 2 week delay and his broken appointments and the wrong touch up paint color being supplied. Two jets are broken and they sent new items but the wrong ones. Pillow was replaced but multiples sent. Calls to the service dept are left unanswered and customer service rep does nothing but apologize for all the errors. Emails to the company president have been ignored and Costco just asks for copies of correspondence, 37 emails, but no help. I am still trying to get the delivery damage corrected. I deeply regret not refusing the unit upon delivery and buying from a local dealer. Infinity closed a Texas operation and they use this an excuse why things are so messed up. Beware.

Help please!

I just purchased a Infinity Laguna Hot Tub. I've got her all set up and ready to go. Once I fired her up I cannot turn her off. The jets run constantly. I tried to get her into the Economy Mode, but she ran all night, and I'm afraid that the motor will burn up. Can someone please walk me through the process from flipping the electrical power on to the point where I've got her in Economy Mode at 98 degrees. Thanks folks.

DRAT****