Price Paid For Arctic Spa?

Guys/Gals,

I am in the process of purchasing my first spa. I am the kind of person who really likes making an educated purchase, so I have tried to look at all aspects of the spa. I have shopped spas in my city for a couple months now and have read most posts on this forum. Because of their design I think I am down to the Arctic brand, although the dealer is 70 miles away. Yes, there are 8 other brands sold within minutes of my home, but I really like the design of the Arctic over the others. I am going to wet test next week. I have 2 questions for you:

First - What is a good price for the Arctic? I am looking at the Summit designer series. It suits my needs and budget best. How much "room" does the dealer have over list price? I know the Cal Spa guy came waaaaay down after he heard I just came from the Coleman, Hot Springs and Vita dealers.

Second - Is the Ozonator important enough to add?

Thanks for the info!

Steven-

• 2 weeks later...

I can't help on the pricing, but make sure you get PEAK OZONATOR!!!!!!!!!! We purchased a frontier lengends series tub with artic ozone. If I new then what I know now for sure would have demanded the peak system. We use our tub a lot more than the average person. Is the model your looking at a 05/06/07???? Positives for artic:::: you sink down real nice.[ cold wind blowing you'll know what I mean] Dealers very helpfull and just a ton of artic owners on this site to help you with problems or concerns. Great control over flow of water and pressure at each seat. Filter maint. very easy. Negatives:::: ours is a early o6 model and we have had quite a few jets break.[ only happens when you drain tub and suck out lines] Replacements of a new style with no breakage. pump 1 a little noises. I would like to see when the tub is filtering it grab more water from the second side of the tub. All in all a great tub and we would not hesitate to purchase another one. Hope this helps. steve

Guys/Gals,

I am in the process of purchasing my first spa. I am the kind of person who really likes making an educated purchase, so I have tried to look at all aspects of the spa. I have shopped spas in my city for a couple months now and have read most posts on this forum. Because of their design I think I am down to the Arctic brand, although the dealer is 70 miles away. Yes, there are 8 other brands sold within minutes of my home, but I really like the design of the Arctic over the others. I am going to wet test next week. I have 2 questions for you:

First - What is a good price for the Arctic? I am looking at the Summit designer series. It suits my needs and budget best. How much "room" does the dealer have over list price? I know the Cal Spa guy came waaaaay down after he heard I just came from the Coleman, Hot Springs and Vita dealers.

Second - Is the Ozonator important enough to add?

Thanks for the info!

Steven-

Now the Cal guy really knows what his tub is worth.