Has Anybody Had Trouble Ordering From Arthurspools Or Just Me?

On June 2 we ordered a pool package from Arthurs pools, which also owns 1abovegroundpools.com, quickpools4less.com, pools4less.com, abovegroundpools4less.com, expresspools.com, and who knows how many more. They were late in shipping the pool and then they sent inferior equipment with the pool. When we called they said they would have to wait to ship the good stuff after they received the junk they shipped. The are in CA we are in MI so that would take 2 weeks. Not acceptable to us and we said so. They then said for our trouble the would send us a Hayward filter but they wouldn't get it in until next week. Two weeks later they finally shipped everything to us. No surprise, the filter wasn't a Hayward but a Waterway which isn't the same quality. We then went to hook it up today and there are no fittings. We called them and did they call back?

No...we ordered a 13ft x 25 legacy pool and have been happy with the pool and the service. I even recommended a friend and she bought a similar pool, with no problem.

I don't know about what websites they are, but it makes sense to me that if they are going to send out a bunch of equipment they would need to have the other stuff back, that's a lot of money floating around there. What you feel as unacceptable is a little severe

And btw I have the waterway filter and it is far superior to the hayward peice of junk I had on my last pool.

I heartily recommend www.arthurspools.com

• 2 weeks later...

On June 2 we ordered a pool package from Arthurs pools, which also owns 1abovegroundpools.com, quickpools4less.com, pools4less.com, abovegroundpools4less.com, expresspools.com, and who knows how many more. They were late in shipping the pool and then they sent inferior equipment with the pool. We called them and did they call back?

We ordered a pool on April 1, 2008 from Arthur's Pools (arthurspools) and our order has not been completed yet; four months down the line; order paid in full on April 1, 2008.

There have been many problems with communication, delivery dates, wrong / defective merchandise, poor customer service.

Better Business Bureau indicates an "F" rating for them.

• 2 years later...

No..

We ordered a pool, got it within the time frame they said it would arrive, and when we had questions they were answered right away. Nothing but a good experience. I looked at their BBB rating and saw that it was all because of non response. I did ask them about this, and they said they do not respond to BBB. This worried me at first, but I did some research and was suprised to find that the BBB is a for profit corporation that takes money from people it gives ratings to. Very fishy. I heard of one really bad pool company that has an A rating.

In the end I got a good pool, good service and I am very happy with it.

That sounds odd that they "don't respond to BBB claims". You should always be responding to any customer's claim whether it comes from the BBB or not. I'm very sorry to hear this company is out there pushing customer's around. I will have to agree, however, the Waterway filters and pumps are not bad equipment and in some cases can be better than the other manufacturers.

• 4 weeks later...

Better Business Bureau indicates an "F" rating for them.

Anyone who thinks the Better Business Bureau is anything more than a paid protection scheme better look at this report from ABC News

and look at this: Goofy BBB Grades

By not paying the membership fees and not responding you get black listed by the bbb

We know of one pool company called reallysleazypools er reallyezpools(dot)com that is a horrible site by an owner who has been jailed for horrible things (available for public record search Ted Gillebaard in occourts.org)with an abismal quality and response level (search reallyezpools on google) and he has a A rating.

WHY? Because he pays the fees and responds. So if you are a rotten person selling rotten product how do you make your self smell good? You pay the BBB for a good rating.

So a guy who normally could sell things only through trickery and tearing down competition....now can point to the BBB and say "see they say I am good"

Suddenly an outfit that was supposed "protect the consumer" is now aiding abetting those trying to rip the consumer off

People need to wake up to the scam of the Better Business Bureau.....the better beware bureau

• 1 month later...

We used to pay our dues and were members of the BBB with an A rating. After all the news this year, when they called to get our money I questioned them about this. They did not give me good answeres to anything and i choose at this point not to redo my membership. Within that hour they posted on my BBB page that I was false advertising and had an unethical business. i called them right back and asked what it was all about, I was told the BBB membership logo was still posted on my website, and that was false since I did not redo my membership, now remember this is an hour after talking with them. I gave them a few choice words, told them to get that off my report and I was calling my web designer to get them removed and in their place a nice note to why I was not a member any more. They called just last week to see if i wanted to renew membership, i asked them if they were crazy after what the did when i spoke to them th prior month. Although I would address any customer concerns that went to the BBB still, I dont think I will be a member again anytime soon.

As for the customers having issues with getting the stuff you ordered, if you used a charge card to make payment, you can go through the card company to reverse the charges, you should call them to find out.

• 7 months later...

On June 2 we ordered a pool package from Arthurs pools, which also owns 1abovegroundpools.com, quickpools4less.com, pools4less.com, abovegroundpools4less.com, expresspools.com, and who knows how many more. They were late in shipping the pool and then they sent inferior equipment with the pool. When we called they said they would have to wait to ship the good stuff after they received the junk they shipped. The are in CA we are in MI so that would take 2 weeks. Not acceptable to us and we said so. They then said for our trouble the would send us a Hayward filter but they wouldn't get it in until next week. Two weeks later they finally shipped everything to us. No surprise, the filter wasn't a Hayward but a Waterway which isn't the same quality. We then went to hook it up today and there are no fittings. We called them and did they call back?

On June 18th we ordered a Legacy pool from Arthur's Pools. They wanted our money up front, and banked it on June 21st. It is August 19th (nine weeks later with the swim season ending) and we have yet to receive the pool. What we were told was that it was "out of stock" and they "would have to reorder." As it was coming from Korea, it would take "SIX weeks" to get it to us. At SEVEN weeks I e-mailed them, "Where's my pool?!" NO REPLY. At EIGHT weeks I called. I was then told it takes "six to EIGHT weeks" to deliver. They claimed it had just "cleared customs", it had to be shipped to them, they had to add all the fittings, and THEN they would SHIP it to me. Suspecting that I wasn't going to receive it this whole swim season, I said, "You call me when you have the pool, and I will tell you if I want my money back." I was then told, "We will have to charge a 25% restocking fee." I protested, "How can you restock something you haven't even GOT in stock?" I was then told they could charge the fee because it was a "custom made" pool. I then objected that it was NOT custom made as it was ON THE LIST WITH EVERY OTHER AVAILABLE SIZE of Legacy pool. They would admit no wrong doing, and as they already have my money I have no recourse. I believe I was intentionally deceived, because it stands to reason that no one is going to order a pool in the Spring that they know they won't even receive until the end of the summer. I am VERY disgusted with Arthur's Pools and feel I have been very ill treated.

• 4 months later...

They offered you a discount for that check by phone, just like me, and I got 4% off my sale.

We are really very happy with our expereince with Arthur's Pools

We shoppped the interent, found the pool we liked, (A legacy pool) and then shopped prices. Found Arthur's had the best price....and offered a discount for a check over the phone

We had the pool in a week and we have enjoyed the living daylights out of it.

they have losts of videos and information on their site.

And I found them to be very responsive. You sound like a complainer to me.

They offered you a discount for that check by phone, just like me, and I got 4% off my sale.

We shoppped the interent, found the pool we liked, (A legacy pool) and then shopped prices. Found Arthur's had the best price....and offered a discount for a check over the phone

Since you are reviving a thread that has not seen any activity for about 5 months and was started in 2008, and your IP address is suspect you sound like a shill to me! (comcast business account in the same area as Arthur's Pools and the same IP has been used in the past to defend this business on this forum. In this thread JHardesty and Better Beware Bureau have the same IP. Also, so does banned spammer abovegroundpoolexperts which is what it says at the top of the Arther's Pools website, in addition to LindaT who joined the forum 4 minutes before you but is still validating and WaterD who slammed the same competetor that Better Beware Bureau slams above.)

Also Your IP is in Fresno and so is Arthur's Pool and in your other post in the forum you said that they shipped the pool across the country to you!

Anyone else besides me think that this is a shill post?

Since you are reviving a thread that has not seen any activity for about 5 months and was started in 2008, and your IP address is suspect you sound like a shill to me! (comcast business account in the same area as Arthur's Pools and the same IP has been used in the past to defend this business on this forum. In this thread JHardesty and Better Business Bureau have the same IP. Also, so does banned spammer abovegroundpoolexperts which is what it says at the top of the Arther's Pools website, in addition to LindaT who joined the forum 4 minutes before you but is still validating and WaterD who slammed the same competetor that Better Business Bureau slams above.)

Anyone else besides me think that this is a shill post?

Thanks Waterbear for keeping an eye on this and checking out the addresses. While the ABG pool area of the website isn't the most active, the last thing we need are phoney posts from dealers and thier shills. I thought we were done with that a few years ago in the Hot Tub area of this site. ;) Glad you're on top of things.

• 3 months later...

Last summer when I had a bad experience with Arthur's Pools, I posted on this site simply to help others avoid my experience. I did not come back to the site to see that I had been accused of being a complainer. The allegation was that I had received a discount by offering a check over the phone. I received no such discount. The purpose in giving a phone check was to get delivery as early as possible without either giving them my credit card number, or waiting for my purchase order to get to them by snail mail.

Now to catch you up to date, the bad new does not end. The pool arrived so late I just left it shrink wrapped on the pallet until this Spring. Now I have unpacked and find there is no Instruction manual for the pool, the cover is an oversized plastic bowl cover (with an elastic band), and the heater is something I have never seen before. I was told I could plug into a 220 outlet, and this heater is supposed to be hard wired to a service box, which in my case is 70 feet from the pool.

You think it can't get worse? It can. I do not have ONE PIECE of paperwork on this pool - no confirmation of order, no receipt, no invoice, no warranty. There is NOTHING I can do to rectify my situation because I cannot prove what I ordered and bought from them. I cannot even produce a cancelled check, because they took my check number over the phone. BEWARE.

How do I get this thing to send?

• 5 years later...