Lighting For Above Ground Pools

Wondering if anyone knows why my above ground AquaLuminator light would be going off and on when cut on? Just put in yesterday and last night when it was cut on, it will automactically go off for a few seconds, then cut back on...???????Anyone know why it would do this???? Thanks bunches for any information.

Hi Debra

(note: if you are going to be ccehcking the wires on the light, make sure the power is off, either unpug the light, or turning the power off at the box)

I have an Aqualuminator light on my ABP as well. It's new this year and I havent had any problems with it. It's a simple light and if it's turning off and on there can't be too much that can wrong. It sounds to me like a loose conection. I'd check the wire conections in the back to make sure they are tight and seated properly. Look at the wires to ensure there are no cuts or breaks. I would also ensure the light bulb is seated properly.

If that doesn't solve it, then you may have a bad switch.

I haven't looked closely at the switch box, but I am not sure if you can even open it up? If you can open the box up, I would ensure that the inside is dry, and if you know anyone with a volt meter, they can very quickly tell you if the switch is working correctly.

This site has a copy of the owners manual. The warrenty says the unit is cover for one year.

http://www.aqua-pool-warehouse.com/Catalog..._pool_light.asp

Good luck and let us know how you fare.

Hi Debra

(note: if you are going to be ccehcking the wires on the light, make sure the power is off, either unpug the light, or turning the power off at the box)

I have an Aqualuminator light on my ABP as well. It's new this year and I havent had any problems with it. It's a simple light and if it's turning off and on there can't be too much that can wrong. It sounds to me like a loose conection. I'd check the wire conections in the back to make sure they are tight and seated properly. Look at the wires to ensure there are no cuts or breaks. I would also ensure the light bulb is seated properly.

I haven't looked closely at the switch box, but I am not sure if you can even open it up? If you can open the box up, I would ensure that the inside is dry, and if you know anyone with a volt meter, they can very quickly tell you if the switch is working correctly.

This site has a copy of the owners manual. The warrenty says the unit is cover for one year.

Wondering if anyone knows why my above ground AquaLuminator light would be going off and on when cut on? Just put in yesterday and last night when it was cut on, it will automactically go off for a few seconds, then cut back on...???????Anyone know why it would do this???? Thanks bunches for any information.

Ditto here.

I suspect it's some sort of overheating cut-off device that turns the bulb off to keep the vinyl from being damaged by the heat.

Swimming in dark water scares me and when the light goes off I am not a happy swimmer. We bought an underwater flashlight at the diving store and tied it to the pool steps. If it's really dark outside, no moon or stars, I turn on the flashlight and don't freak when the pool light shuts off.

Hi Debra

Hi Debra

Hi Debra

Hi Debra

I appologice for my reply being posted several times (?). No idea how that happened. Mods, if you are around, I would appreciate it if you deleted the mulitple posts (can't see a way to do it from my end).