Spa Side Remote Problems

romac

I have an in-ground spa adjacent to my pool. The spa has a Pentair 4 button remote wired to the main controller (Compool). The Spa Blower recently seized and, perhaps coincidently, the remote stopped working. I have replaced the blower and have full control of all spa functions from the indoor control panel and service panel in the control box. While the remote properly flashes when the spa heater is on, the controls do not work. I subsequently connected a replacement remote and found that it did not work either. My guess is that there is a problem in the controller circuit board, or there is a disable remote feature that I am not aware of. Any ideas before I call for pool service

Thnx,

Romac

I have an in-ground spa adjacent to my pool. The spa has a Pentair 4 button remote wired to the main controller (Compool). The Spa Blower recently seized and, perhaps coincidently, the remote stopped working. I have replaced the blower and have full control of all spa functions from the indoor control panel and service panel in the control box. While the remote properly flashes when the spa heater is on, the controls do not work. I subsequently connected a replacement remote and found that it did not work either. My guess is that there is a problem in the controller circuit board, or there is a disable remote feature that I am not aware of. Any ideas before I call for pool service

Thnx,

Romac

On some of the compool controls there is a switch in the control box marked outdoor remotes and has a on/off sliding switch.

If yours has a digital type buttons in the control box I am not sure but should have something. ALso is the control box in AUTO not Service

• 12 years later...

I have similar problem as Romac. In my case the spa side remote comes on when the pentair control box is in auto and my Compool CP3600 pool spa control system activates the spa side remote. Problem is that only 1 of the 4 buttons respond (the one for the air blower). The other 3 are dead. Any guess what might be the problem? Vents, cleaner, heater, lights, and everything else work fine both from the pentair control box as well as the Compool.