Rate Top 5 Brands In Terms Of Quality

What is best for one person isn't necessarily the same for another. We can talk about what we think has the best reputation for quality, energy use, service etc. but you'll have to find out for yourself what fits/feels/looks best to you.

I can decide what fits/feels/looks best to me I know that, but after spending $10k if I discover that my hydro bills are $100/month and the hoses are leaking in January because its a POS, then who cares how comfortable I am sitting in it.... it's not like I can decide to return it at that time...

This is why I posted my questions... what are the best Quality and Energy Efficient brands out there?

Did you find this site. look at the bottom of page for some customer reviews

http://www.hottubsdirectory.com/

no body has recommended you check out bullfrog spas.

As far as energy efficiency, they are the only spa manufacturer that meets 100% of California's energy conservation requirements. They also have jet packs, which takes out 90% of the plumbing that causes other spas to leak. I took delivery of my bullfrog spa a month ago, researched for years on what to get, and definitely made the right decision.

Not telling you to get one, but check them out.

As far as energy efficiency, they are the only spa manufacturer that meets 100% of California's energy conservation requirements.

I'm not sure how energy efficient Bullfrog spas so I have no specific opinion of them but the statement above is factually incorrect. They may be CEC certified but they are not the only ones fully compliant (assuming they are as you’ve been told) and quite frankly being CEC certified does not even mean you're just as energy efficient as the others that are.

I've seen the list of those who are CEC certified. There are well insulated spas on the list and a few that are suspect IMO. I'm afraid that sales people are going to use this CEC certification as a tool to say that since their spa is CEC certified it is therefore just as energy efficient as the others on that list and it’s just convenient logic.

As far as energy efficiency, they are the only spa manufacturer that meets 100% of California's energy conservation requirements.

I'm not sure how energy efficient Bullfrog spas so I have no specific opinion of them but the statement above is factually incorrect. They may be CEC certified but they are not the only ones fully compliant (assuming they are as you’ve been told) and quite frankly being CEC certified does not even mean you're just as energy efficient as the others that are.

I've seen the list of those who are CEC certified. There are well insulated spas on the list and a few that are suspect IMO. I'm afraid that sales people are going to use this CEC certification as a tool to say that since their spa is CEC certified it is therefore just as energy efficient as the others on that list and it’s just convenient logic.

As a Spa and Sauna sales consultant in Australia I have seen several of the Brands you have all been discussing. Artesian Spas have only been in Oz for about 4 months and by comparison to most spas I have seen they are certainly my pick. They are comfortable, stylish, well insulated, have good warranty and if you consider the Platinum Elite range you have what I personally consider a very smart way of offering energy efficiency. Let me explain, most people buy a spa to accomodate 4-6 people but usually the spa is utilised by 2 people for most of the time. By utilising smaller pumps directly plumbed to the seat and a flow control switch for each pump you have a spa offering impressive massage quality with personalised control and energy efficiencies superior to anything I have seen and yes they are CEC Certified which to me down under doeasn't mean much - well not at this stage anyway.

Another member of the sales team and I did our own research on what we consider convential spas (2 - 3 pump models with diverters) vs the Artesian Platinum Elite Range based on two person usage giving total massage power therefore in a two pmp conventional spa both pumps at full power would be used. The Atresian Platinum Elite were at least 2/3's more energy efficient which is great for the budget and the environment. We took the wattage draw of 2 x pumps, controller, light etc on several different brands to determine our finding. We could not include heating as this is vastly different subject to the ambient temperature and insulation of the spa FYI Artesian use a full foam insulation system. Obviously if the spa was used to complete capacity then they would rate marginally better than others.

I am sure if you get the specs on the spas you are considering you would be able to enter the details into an energy calculator perhaps your local Electrical Supplier has an appliance calculator on their website to calculate this for you.

Good luck with your spa shopping and I hope you find the one that best suits your needs.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

I may be a bit biased, but I have owned several hot tubs over the years and my Clearwater has been the least exspensive to run. The others we have had have been Waters Edge, Barefoot, Leisure Bay.... We have many customers with Hot Springs, Tiger River, Sundance, D1 in the area that say their tubs are very effcient also. We have no Artics in the area, but seeing how they are built and insulated, I would say they are of high value. The tubs people don't like the bill with in our area have been Nordic, Hydropool, Saratoga, box store tubs, Hawkeye/Barefoot and the older Jacuzzi's. This is all just word of mouth from customers. Our local Artisiean Dealer has gone out of buisness and his customers that now come to me are not happy with some quality issues with the Artesian. They have not complained about the costs to run.

Look at the CEC list, it will give you a good idea of the top tubs, also bear in mind that Artic is not on there, but it dose not mean they are not a top tub, it has something to do with them being in Canada....

Good luck, by quality and but the tub that fits your wants and needs best. Look at the entire picture.

Look at the CEC list, it will give you a good idea of the top tubs,

Right now I think passing the CEC is like getting your high school diploma. You want to have it but it doesn't mean too much. Until a third party has verified the data companies can submit their own results though hopefully verification is down the line.

IMO there are some definite lesser insulated spas on that list right next to others that are well insulated but the consumer will not be able to tell which is which. I know sales people of lesser insulated spas are going to take advantage of that by saying "of course we're well insulated, we passed the CEC"!!

Being on the list only means so much and does not mean you're necessarily equal to others on the list. We have to give it time before we start championing that as a record of who is doing well IMO.

Actually, Consumer Report does have a review of spas, but you have to pay a fee; not much though-$5 a month or $26 a year. I have lots of home work!

I only found Whirlpool Tubs for your bathroom, not Hot Tubs

For us Beachcombers look to be good quality but ours has not been reliable and spare parts are very very expensive

Just curious to get a rating of the Top 5 Spa brands in terms of Quality/Reliability/Thermal efficiency etc...

http://www.colemanspas.com/content/show/home/

I like these tubs been selling them for 7 years now and they keep making them better. I used to sell Caldera and from being upset with the buisness side from them. They cost more to buy, still using less efficent 48 frame pumps. Panels crack very easy and are thin and all the heat from the pumps are exhausted the the outside air, more waste.

Just don't buy one from a home center or surplus store. Service is always a problem

Also Caldera and Hotsprings are made by Watkins

Jacuzzi and Sundance are in the same factory also

Maax spas has 4 lines which includes Coleman.

So you sell the coleman? Are you having any delivery problems? I am attempting to purchase the 481, getting a song and dance from my dealer that Coleman is not providing any delivery.....it's been months since I put a deposit and I just asked for the return of the deposit becuase it's ridiculous now.....I called Coleman today and waiting for a response from them....just curious if you're having any problems.

So you sell the coleman? Are you having any delivery problems? I am attempting to purchase the 481, getting a song and dance from my dealer that Coleman is not providing any delivery.....it's been months since I put a deposit and I just asked for the return of the deposit becuase it's ridiculous now.....I called Coleman today and waiting for a response from them....just curious if you're having any problems.

No spa should take more than 4 weeks to arrive, especially if you've put down a deposit. Get your money back ASAP! This sounds like a dealer who is about to close up shop and abscond with YOUR money.

Good luck!

Terminator