My Blue Ridge Hot Tub/spa

KyCpl

My Blue Ridge Spa-

Some points to remember while viewing this forum/topic/blog:

1. I got it **FREE** off Craigslist, so gimme a break

2. After some research on the web (read:google) I found not much on blue ridge spas.

3. If you know something about blue ridge spas, have a link, can help me out, please email me.

I have a To-Do list:

1. Rebuild both manifolds

2. Make an extension/plug for the 240v

3. replace the heater cap and locking collar.

Blueridge Spas were built by Gatsby spas, who still maintain a parts department under the Jacuzzi umbrella. They were primarily built for Lowes. There is no 220v cord, the packs were designed to be hard wired if ran 220v. You can still see the website if you use archive sites like the way back machine, and www.gatsby.com redirects you to the current site for the parts team out of Plant City, FL. They should be able to give you more information and possibly drawings on how to rebuild the plumbing.

They did use a proprietary electronic pack that they used inside the spa, so their advice would be best. The vertical heaters were from RMF I think. I do not know what parts are currently available "as manufactured", but there should be refits and rebuilt available.

SWEET!! thanks for the info, the wayback machine is a godsend!

I have a:

Blue ridge spa model 72, manufactured in 2000

Seating Capacity: Six

Dimensions:81.5" x92" x32"

Seating Type:

one lounger, three bucket seats,

one hot seat, cool down seat

Total Jets: 33

Pump Size:

2x2HP continuous/

3.5HP brake /8.5a

Control:

Analog-Digital w/self diagnostic

Heater: 4.0kw

Electrical:

240v/50a

3 wire service

Water Purification:

Continuous filtration system

Weight: 750lbs. dry

Water Capacity: 290 gal

With the Ozonator

can someone check this and make sure im not gonna fry something?? (mostly me!!)

I plan on using #6 wire for the installation.

The Black and Red wire will lead to a 50amp breaker, not the 30amp in the pic.

Side note: I think the GREEN wire should run to the left side grounding block, not the right side NEUTRAL block. Is this correct??

Box Side Image:

IMG_5801a.JPG

Spa Side Image:

IMG_5645v.JPG

For some reason its sticking in my head that the model 72 required a load neutral gfci, yet I dont see a neutral on your terminal block. Just confirm the circ pump (if it has one), blower (of it has one), and ozonator are all 220v. Your diagram is hard for me to make out, but your red and black would go to the gfci, the pigtail on the gfci would go to the neutral bar (sometimes those models had issues with isolated neutral bars), and the ground to the ground bar. The pack itself would be red to red, black to black, ground to ground. Its been a REALLY long time since I have looked at one of these or thought about the instructions so I would still advise calling support, but speak with the people at the parts department from the gatsby.com site as they were factory employees at the time your spa was built. They may even still have a manual laying around, even a photo copy is better then nothing. As I can not be 100% sure, rusty memory and all, youll want to make sure your local code supports what I think above.

Also someone else that posts here, and I am sorry I cant remember off the top of my head, has a manual archive and may also have what you need.

So, I have this outlet hanging off the bottom of my main breaker box:

IMG_5800_small.JPGIMG_5799_small.JPG

It connects to the bottom right 30amp dual pole breaker:

IMG_5798.JPG

Looks to me like standard 14/2 wire connecting them.

I can't use any of this for my tub, can I???

GREAT!! I get a killer hot tub off of Craigslist, and now I need a GFCI breaker to hook it up to the main. If you've removed a hot tub, or need one removed, please please lemme know. I need the GFCI breaker from it. The cheapest i could find is 100 bucks, and I aint got that kinda dough. If you have a breaker and wanna swap something for it, lemme know. I gotta ton of stuff I'd trade for one, just no cash on hand. If you know a friend that had a tub removed, lemme know.

thanks for reading this, and God Bless......

GREAT!! I get a killer hot tub off of Craigslist, and now I need a GFCI breaker to hook it up to the main. If you've removed a hot tub, or need one removed, please please lemme know. I need the GFCI breaker from it. The cheapest i could find is 100 bucks, and I aint got that kinda dough. If you have a breaker and wanna swap something for it, lemme know. I gotta ton of stuff I'd trade for one, just no cash on hand. If you know a friend that had a tub removed, lemme know.

thanks for reading this, and God Bless......

As another note, the damage you mentioned on your to dos is very common for tubs that have frozen. You may find when you hook it up that it has at the least, a bad heater. Maybe you will be lucky and they just did not winterize it properly, but if you are lacking the money for the breaker box, it is something to keep in mind.

• 11 years later...