Just Signed Wave Tec Contract

Hi Everyone,

We just also signed up to a Wave Tec pool built but from the looks of all these people on the forum we think we should sign the cancellation agreement before it is too late. I cant believe this company is doing this to hard working families that just want to have a fun place for the kids and others to enjoy a pool in thier backyard in privacy. We still have time to get out and get our deposit back need some feedback to fully decide, any good reports about them?

R&C

Seems like it is time to turn in my cancellation notice and run.

Thanks

That might be your 'safest' thing to do. There are so many pool contractors out there (not sure where you live, but there are 'tons' in the Austin TX area) with favorable feedback, high customer satisfaction, and positive BBB standings. It would seem like a tough decision to go with someone that has proven (at least on this forum) to be the opposite.

Needless to say, I would get at least 3 bids from different contractors in your area. Let the internet assist in your research by doing exploratory investigating. Look at their BBB standings, do a Google search on their name and see if there is any 'dirt' on them. After you have chosen the 3 contractors, ask them for customer references. I would ask for a reference from an 'old' customer and a customer that recently had a pool completed. Ask how the pool is holding up and the satisfaction level of their support. I would also ask for a customer that is currently having a pool being built to see how things are going. Whenever possible (reference permitting), go take a look at their completed work.

Well Looks like they are trying to stall on me and not let me cancel this deal, I have till midnight tonight to make sure this contract is cancelled. It looks like I am heading to Austin to stand on someones desk. Thanks for the advice Chris we really appreciate it.