D1 Diplomat

Guest Dina

I am in the market to purchase a D1 Diplomat, and my local dealer has an advertised "sale" price of $9200. Is this a competitive price, or do I have bargaining room? I am in the metro Atlanta area.

Seems High. I received a basically non-negotiated (meaning I didn't haggle) price quote in the midwest of $8,000 including steps, coverlifter, delivery, set-up and start-up chemicals. They were $8900 on the brand new Californian. Nautilus was same price as Diplomat. I'm still looking around, but D1 has the most competitive prices I've found in the higher line of tubs.

Guest Jim Arjuna

Oh! MY! God! How can you even consider paying that much for that spa.

You must not know anything about spas.

That is a total rip off!

It is a cheap plastic shell stuffed with foam, for crying out loud.

The factory holds it together with scrap wood until the stuff it with foam.

I've always suspected it, but now I know for certain - you're full of BS. I have been to the D1 factory and saw their process for manufacturing the Diplomat. It is not a "cheap plastic shell stuffed with foam" and is not "held together with scrap wood unti they stuff it with foam." You've obviously never been to D1 and seen their operation.

I'm curious if you've done any further negotiating? I'm in the Louisville area and was given a price of $9499 (including steps, cover, start-up chemicals, installation, etc.) for the D1 Diplomat. Did you get them to come down from their price of $9200?

Janet,

I haven't done any further negotiations. I am in the process of enlarging my patio, so my spa shopping has been temporarily been put on hold. Did you wet test the Diplomat? Let me know how your shopping is going and how you like the Diplomat if you wet tested. Thanks!

Janet,

I haven't done any further negotiations. I am in the process of enlarging my patio, so my spa shopping has been temporarily been put on hold. Did you wet test the Diplomat? Let me know how your shopping is going and how you like the Diplomat if you wet tested. Thanks!

Hello Dina!

Your question is a good one regarding prices. I'm not very familiar with the specifics on D1 but I do know that spa pricing can be hard to understand. :wacko: From one state to another and one region to another pricing can vary a bit. A lot of it depends on how much a dealer is paying for the spa from the manufacturer, how hungry they are (if they are desperate for a sale to stay in business) and what kind of business they run(support and such). Some companies will give you the best price after you stand on your head and click your heals three times and some are giving you the best price that they can offer right from the beginning. If you really research you may possibly find one at a different price but please keep in mind that wherever you purchase the spa from... they will be the people that do the service issues if and when they arrise. For a hypothetical example: If you purchase a spa from Mazatlan that is for $3.00 (better deal) instead of the spa from your backyard for $10,000.00 you may want to look into the service cost to fix it if something goes wrong. Best of luck to you in your research. :wub: