La Spa Jets Sticking And Replacement Filters

Hi LA Spa owners. I read the posts about LA and I have had my spa for over 2 years an Oasis with 3 pumps. I love the tub and most of all the heavy duty therapy power I was looking for. My problem is that some of the jets are now sticking and do not rotate as well as they used to. I have talked with SpaDepot who I buy my chemicals from and they have explained about the chemistry, how it could have leached calcium levels out of the plastic causing the lack of full movement of the jet. I am dumping my water today and wondering if there is anything I can do. I use a product that Spa Depot sells called Flush that I leave in for about a day and that helps. I like to soak the jets in the Flush product but they are so hard to remove from the tub. Also another LA spa owner had a website for replacement filters at half price if someone can give me the website info. I replaced the filters with pleated filters about a year ago. This is the biggest flaw of LA Spas. the fabric filters. Does anyone else with an LA spa have experience with removing the filters. Some do come out easy but most are impossible.

Hi LA Spa owners. I read the posts about LA and I have had my spa for over 2 years an Oasis with 3 pumps. I love the tub and most of all the heavy duty therapy power I was looking for. My problem is that some of the jets are now sticking and do not rotate as well as they used to. I have talked with SpaDepot who I buy my chemicals from and they have explained about the chemistry, how it could have leached calcium levels out of the plastic causing the lack of full movement of the jet. I am dumping my water today and wondering if there is anything I can do. I use a product that Spa Depot sells called Flush that I leave in for about a day and that helps. I like to soak the jets in the Flush product but they are so hard to remove from the tub. Also another LA spa owner had a website for replacement filters at half price if someone can give me the website info. I replaced the filters with pleated filters about a year ago. This is the biggest flaw of LA Spas. the fabric filters. Does anyone else with an LA spa have experience with removing the filters. Some do come out easy but most are impossible.

You say the biggest flaw of your spa is the fabric filters, I feel this is one of the best features of my spa, I have the HEET for LA Spas. I wonder what are you using for sanitizer, I use Chlorine.

Dan

You say the biggest flaw of your spa is the fabric filters, I feel this is one of the best features of my spa, I have the HEET for LA Spas. I wonder what are you using for sanitizer, I use Chlorine.

Dan

Hi Dan, How old is your LA spa? Maybe they have upgraded the filters. If you look at older posts many of us have had trouble with this fabric filter, falling apart. I have been a spa owner for over 20 years and I work very hard to keep my spa clean and sanatized. I liked the idea of the fabric filters and I sure hope LA has fixed a problem many of us have had. Even the pool company that sold me the spa told me there can be a problem with the filters and also the circulation pump advising me that their experience is that the circ pump seems to go out after 3 years. I over looked all of this because LA pricing was better than some of the other spas with the same features and power. I am sure you enjoy your therapy as much as I do. This is one strong spa for the price. I am jealous, I could not fit the HEET on my porch. Also when I looked into replacing the fabric filters I found the pleated ones to be around the same price. But I would look again at the fabric on my next filter change if LA has fixed the problem.

Dan

Hi Dan, How old is your LA spa? Maybe they have upgraded the filters. If you look at older posts many of us have had trouble with this fabric filter, falling apart. I have been a spa owner for over 20 years and I work very hard to keep my spa clean and sanatized. I liked the idea of the fabric filters and I sure hope LA has fixed a problem many of us have had. Even the pool company that sold me the spa told me there can be a problem with the filters and also the circulation pump advising me that their experience is that the circ pump seems to go out after 3 years. I over looked all of this because LA pricing was better than some of the other spas with the same features and power. I am sure you enjoy your therapy as much as I do. This is one strong spa for the price. I am jealous, I could not fit the HEET on my porch. Also when I looked into replacing the fabric filters I found the pleated ones to be around the same price. But I would look again at the fabric on my next filter change if LA has fixed the problem.

I had had the HEET for about 6 weeks now, but I owned the OASIS for about 7 months, the filter I have are about 6 months old, I return the original filters on the OASIS with the tub. They new HEET came with new filters, Now I alternate the 2 sets.

I have had my HEET for just over 14 months now and I am still on the original filters, my dealer supplied me with two sets, which I alternate. They are showing slight signs of wear but they are not falling apart. It would be good to hear from anyone who has replaced them with cartridge filters to see how they are getting on and how long these last. It appears that there is mixed views on this forum about the fabric filters, I like them and when they wear out will most probably buy another set and not get the cartridge filters.

I had a few jets replaced last year under warranty and they came out easy enough. I have just tried to remove others and the only one I have a problem with is the volcano jet, as this jet does not spin it should never need replacing so I am not too bothered if this is hard to remove.

When I change the water I do not use any flushing agent and I have had no water quality issues.