Hot Springs Jetsetter

cbee

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the Hot Springs Jetsetter? I was quoted $5,000, including the lifter, steps, tax, delivery and installation. My neighbor works at the store. He had previously quoted me $3,800 for the Hot Spot Trinidad including all the above.

Is the Jetsetter worth the extra $1,200? This is going to be a therapeudic spa for me so the fact that it is smaller is of no significance.

Thanks.

-cbee

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the Hot Springs Jetsetter? I was quoted $5,000, including the lifter, steps, tax, delivery and installation. My neighbor works at the store. He had previously quoted me $3,800 for the Hot Spot Trinidad including all the above.

Is the Jetsetter worth the extra $1,200? This is going to be a therapeudic spa for me so the fact that it is smaller is of no significance.

Thanks.

-cbee

I've got a Jetsetter. I bought mine used (five uears old) for $500 from a man who was moving and didn't want to take it with him. I checked around locally to price a new one and found they were selling for around $4,000 here. $5,000 sounds terribly high but then again, maybe you live in a high priced area? Ok, now to the spa itself. It's a fairly simple spa and works great. Not a lot of jets but so many spas are overkill on jets (but what do I know? LOL). I get by great with the ones I have. One weak point is the Motomassage back rest. It is a weak link as the device is cheaply made and you can bet your bippy the HotSprings people are 'mighty proud' of that thing because it has a $76 replacement cost. I told them they could 'put' that cheap plastic thing in a place the manual doesn't mention because I can live without it and the spa works great without it.. As for thermal qualities, this thing is fantastic! It will hold its temp almost as well as any thermos bottle I have ever seen. Seating is comfy. It's a good looking spa. Dry weight is around 400-450#. A little noisy. Really, I hadn't planned on buying a spa until I was offered this one but now that I've got the chem balance problems ironed out (THANKS WATERBEAR!) I'm glad I got it and use it every day. One special feature I like (A LOT!) ... those three 'neck jets' just below the pillow. NICE!.

Thanks for the reply. I got to try the Jetsetter tonight and I didn't like the way I fit in it. The neck pillow hits me in the middle of the back of my head causing my neck to crunch forward. Really didn't like the jets either. I am just so stuck. I want a comfortable fit where I can just kind of float. I still haven't been able to try the Hot Spot Trinidad because there is no floor model. I see now how important it is to try the spas. The Hot Springs Prodigy has been recommended but not sure of that either. I just want a good therapeudic soak. I don't even like the jets.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks for the reply. I got to try the Jetsetter tonight and I didn't like the way I fit in it. The neck pillow hits me in the middle of the back of my head causing my neck to crunch forward. Really didn't like the jets either. I am just so stuck. I want a comfortable fit where I can just kind of float. I still haven't been able to try the Hot Spot Trinidad because there is no floor model. I see now how important it is to try the spas. The Hot Springs Prodigy has been recommended but not sure of that either. I just want a good therapeudic soak. I don't even like the jets.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Sorry I can't be of more help. To be honest, I wouldn't even have a spa if this one hadn't been offered at the price that was asked. This Jetsetter is the first (and probably last) spa I ever used. You could say it is the absolute best and worst spa I've ever experienced. lol

• 2 years later...