TWO Water Chemistry Forums?

Guest MJS

I owned an in-ground pool at my previous house. I now own a hot tub.

I found it much easier to keep my pool crystal clear than my hot tub, probably due to the temperature differences, but also possibly because I'm still a "novice" on the hot tub.

Do others feel the water chemistry problems and solutions for pools versus hot-tubs are sufficiently different that two water chemistry forums would be useful?

(just trying to gauge the opinion of others)

One thing about spas that people tend to forget is that having 5 people in your spa is like having 60 plus people in your 16x32 pool. That's why it's a bit more tricky. If you have an ozonator you will tend to use less chemicals overall. If you don't have one on your spa, it would be worthwhile to have one installed. There are several methods of sanitizing spas, such as bromine, baguinides and alternate products like Pristine Blue.

I think Mjs brought up a great point. Spas and pools have some similarities when dealing with chemicals but there are many more differences. I think it would be nice to have a seperate chemical section for spas specifically. Bacteria doubles in a hot water environment very quickly... add in the people-to-water ratio and there is a potential for pretty interesting problems- cloudy water being one of the most common. It would be a little easier to get the information faster by having a section for spa chemistry seperate from pool chemistry but either way... it's nice to have a place to go for advice. There are so many different ways to take care of a spa... chlorine, bromine, ozonaters, ionizers, automatic generators, (sounds like these things come out of a movie like the "Terminator") and a variety of natural systems. All of them are designed to make it easier to care for your spa water.