What Does It Cost To Run Your Hot Tub Ea Month And What Brand Do You Have?

SOrry so many questions but as you can see, I'm still researching....We're leaning towards HS right now but that's prob cuz we just looked at them yesterday. The day b4 that we were leaning towards the Dynasty....we'd just came from that dealer and he convinced us that was the best! lol Some time this week we're going to make it to the Jacuzzi dealer so, we'll see....

SOrry so many questions but as you can see, I'm still researching....We're leaning towards HS right now but that's prob cuz we just looked at them yesterday. The day b4 that we were leaning towards the Dynasty....we'd just came from that dealer and he convinced us that was the best! lol Some time this week we're going to make it to the Jacuzzi dealer so, we'll see....

This is a very area specific question. While a well insulated brand like Hot Springs will run 15 bucks a month in California or Arizona. The same month in Northern Minnesota could go as high as 40 bucks. A poorly insulated tub could be 30-40 bucks a month in Florida and 100-200 in Northern Michigan. There are alot of variables. Use, area/wind and brand. The top quality makers will all be around the same, middle of the road and lower end manufacturers will be more. For a well insulated tub figure 30-40 bucks a month on average, with some months higher if you live in the northern part of the country and lower in the south.

Well, I don't have my SPA yet, so I'm in the same boat as you. But, I've decided on a model and will make the purchase either tonight or tomorrow. I've decided to keep a running journal (see Spa Chronicle #1) and I'll be adding electricity consumption info - so that others who are buying a year from now may have access to more info.

Like Roger said, it's highly dependent on where you live. But, for me (Quebec, Canada) I've come to the conclusion that full foam is the only way to go. From what others have said, and based on the models I've checked, it seems that Hotsprings/Caldera and Sundance/Jacuzzi are among the better brands. But, they're naturally more costly too.

More important is the 'fit'. My gf is really short - so I'm actually passing up on quite a few models that were really well priced (Sundance Altamar w. stereo, etc) for Jacuzzi - based on how it feels during a test.

In my neck of the woods ALL SPA's come with: cover, lever stairs, electrical box and start-up chemicals. So, I don't even 'listen' when a salesmen gladly 'throws this $700 value for 'free'! They all do.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Mike

PS. Haven't got quotes on the HS models you mentioned in another post - but the HS Aria was $10500 Cdn.

Well, I don't have my SPA yet, so I'm in the same boat as you. But, I've decided on a model and will make the purchase either tonight or tomorrow. I've decided to keep a running journal (see Spa Chronicle #1) and I'll be adding electricity consumption info - so that others who are buying a year from now may have access to more info.

So Mike are you going to meter your spa right from the get go. Because any data other than that collected from a meter is useless.

So Mike are you going to meter your spa right from the get go. Because any data other than that collected from a meter is useless.

The spas that have passed the california energy testing have posts from the testing to exactly how much energy consumption there is. I would check out the tubs that have passed this test. Some of them that have passed are not full foam tubs, and did better on energy consumption than some of the full foam tubs did.

If you look at the tubs that have passed, you will get a good idea of energy consumption at 60 degrees, tub set for 102. As Roger said, environment plays a huge rool, along with how much the spa is used to how much energy it consumes.

The spas that have passed the california energy testing have posts from the testing to exactly how much energy consumption there is. I would check out the tubs that have passed this test. Some of them that have passed are not full foam tubs, and did better on energy consumption than some of the full foam tubs did.

...and in some of theose cases I just don't trust those self reported numbers. I've seen what is posted for some of those spas and just don't believe it based on the way they insulate them.

...and in some of theose cases I just don't trust those self reported numbers. I've seen what is posted for some of those spas and just don't believe it based on the way they insulate them.

The ones that are listed in the California Energy commisions report are not self reported numbers. Which tubs that have passed dont you beleive in? There are only 10-12 tub lines that have passed.

Well Roger,

To be certain and to be clear I have absolutely no intention of gathering "data". "Data" is something that scientists and engineers gather (or an android). I'm none of those. Just a regular schmuck who would have liked to have a better idea of the costs associated with a spa.

What I will do is watch my hydro consumption and compare it to the average monthly consumption for my home for the last 5 years. Yep, no one year is like another, but the average of the previous years as compared to this year, should be good enough to let me know approx. how much more energy we're consuming due to the spa. I'll then be able to tell people how much my particular model of spa (with my appox. and type of use) is costing me.

For those regular "Joe's" like me, that info could be useful or informative. For the more scientifically minded who would like to know exactly how much it's costing down to the kilowatt hour - well, they can rely on you for that data. Can they?

Cheers,

Mike

*The nations leading scientific and engineering firm, Exponent Inc., conducted rigorous third party testing which confirms Hot Spring Spas have documented operating costs which confirm that Hot Spring Spas have the lowest operating costs of any spas on the market today.

*The nations leading scientific and engineering firm, Exponent Inc., conducted rigorous third party testing which confirms Hot Spring Spas have documented operating costs which confirm that Hot Spring Spas have the lowest operating costs of any spas on the market today.

Hi

A lot also depends on your electric cost per KWH

I live in central Ma and have had a Jacuzzi J345 since last October and it has added 12 to 15 KWH per day to my bill per month in the winter months. (depends if I filled in a given month). Give my full cost (including PCA) per KWH is $.14 this amounts to $50 to $60.

Put into perspective less than a nice dinner out for two for a lot of evening enjoyment.

Greg

Well Roger,

For those regular "Joe's" like me, that info could be useful or informative. For the more scientifically minded who would like to know exactly how much it's costing down to the kilowatt hour - well, they can rely on you for that data. Can they?

Cheers,

Mike

OK Mike, well I can do that for you right now, It will cost you somewheres between 25 and 45 per month average. There saved you some time.

But your local dealer does have a meter and it's not that big of a deal to hook it up. Or you can get one online.