Hot Springs Vs Jacuzzi

help

This is my first time buying a hot tub and I am not finding a lot of "impartial" infomation out there. Of course, each dealer say they are the best! Right now I am looking at a Jacuzzi J-345/J-335 for 5995.00 and the Hot Springs Vanguard for 8000.00. I am going for a wet test next week. I know this has a lot to do with buying a tub, but could anyone give me information on the quality/reliability of these tubs? Also, would the Vanguard really be worth the price difference? Both deals would include the cover, steps, and all start up chemicals. I know people say you get what you pay for, but I also know the most expensive is not always best! Any other suggestion would be appreciated, but I know I don't want the Marquis brand because of the area dealer. Thanks!

This is my first time buying a hot tub and I am not finding a lot of "impartial" infomation out there. Of course, each dealer say they are the best! Right now I am looking at a Jacuzzi J-345/J-335 for 5995.00 and the Hot Springs Vanguard for 8000.00. I am going for a wet test next week. I know this has a lot to do with buying a tub, but could anyone give me information on the quality/reliability of these tubs? Also, would the Vanguard really be worth the price difference? Both deals would include the cover, steps, and all start up chemicals. I know people say you get what you pay for, but I also know the most expensive is not always best! Any other suggestion would be appreciated, but I know I don't want the Marquis brand because of the area dealer. Thanks!

I have a Vanguard and have been totally happy with it to date (have had it now aprox 2 months). I don't have any experience with the Jacuzzi, but my personal reason for going with the HS was proven quality and 100% filtration. This is just MY personal reason, not saying any other design is not good. Good luck in your search.

I've sold both and there is no comparison. Hot Spring is the second best spa in the country.

I've sold both and there is no comparison. Hot Spring is the second best spa in the country.

Thanks for your input. Who do you consider the best? So do you think 8000.00 is a good price for the Vanguard and do you think it's worth 2000.00 more than the Jacuzzi?

Thanks for your input. Who do you consider the best? So do you think 8000.00 is a good price for the Vanguard and do you think it's worth 2000.00 more than the Jacuzzi?

$8k is a better price then I paid for mine FWIW. I think HotH2O is just being a smart a$$, otherwise he would have given a worthwhile response. You get what you pay for, is what I figure. If money is an issue then saving $2k might be a primary issue to consider. If you want better input to your questions go to the Hot Tub and Spa Forum. It has much more activity and better info IMO.

$8k is a better price then I paid for mine FWIW. I think HotH2O is just being a smart a$$, otherwise he would have given a worthwhile response. You get what you pay for, is what I figure. If money is an issue then saving $2k might be a primary issue to consider. If you want better input to your questions go to the Hot Tub and Spa Forum. It has much more activity and better info IMO.

Thanks!

the jets in the vanguard are awesome i paid 7500 in nj for everything it was a fonsmers best buy which says something good luck!

All the spas that you are looking at are very good spas.. I am a Hot Spring dealer so of course my opinion will be firm. The best advice I can give you is this..... Take all the information that all the dealers are giving you and compare it to information online and in the brouchure. This industry is known for people being dishonest and not giving the right information. So I would lean towards the people being more honest. The second piece of advice would be get the spa that "meets" all your needs. Dont worry about flash and lighting and all that... thats not therapy and relaxation.

I'm a spa dealer as well, I don't sell either of the brands that you mentioned but both are very solid. If you like both of the spas equally well then the most important thing is the comfort level with both of the dealers, spas no matter what anyone says are a service item. The dealer is probably the most important thing when it comes to spa sales. Hope this helps.

Thanks, all of your information really does help! I did a wet test and found I floated more in the hot springs than in the Jacuzzi, but I liked them both. It is good to hear that both are good spas. I guess I will need to research the dealers.

Thanks, all of your information really does help! I did a wet test and found I floated more in the hot springs than in the Jacuzzi, but I liked them both. It is good to hear that both are good spas. I guess I will need to research the dealers.

How tall are you and how much do you weigh if you don't mind me asking? That is good information that the Jacuzzi was better suited for you. Thanks in advance.

How tall are you and how much do you weigh if you don't mind me asking? That is good information that the Jacuzzi was better suited for you. Thanks in advance.

I'm 5'6 and 145lbs. I didn't think there would be that much difference, but there was. Do you know if 5995.00 is a good deal for a Jacuzzi 335? This price includes the cover, steps, ozinator, and start up chemicals. Thanks.

I'm 5'6 and 145lbs. I didn't think there would be that much difference, but there was. Do you know if 5995.00 is a good deal for a Jacuzzi 335? This price includes the cover, steps, ozinator, and start up chemicals. Thanks.

We're also in the market for a spa.. Can't remember pricing on the J335.. however we got pricing on J345 and J365 and I think they were 6,400 and 6,700... all inc. So 5,999 sounds right. We wet tested the 400 series w/. the lounger and it was great, but too pricey for us.

Do you have a Sundance dealer nearby? If so you might want to take a look. We're leaning toward an Optima which is higher end, but they make several different lines and the spas are very high quality. And I did not float in the Optima like I did in the Hot Springs. I found I could not stay seated in HS.. think Sundance seats have more depth to the seat.. less flat. Happy shopping! Patty

We're also in the market for a spa.. Can't remember pricing on the J335.. however we got pricing on J345 and J365 and I think they were 6,400 and 6,700... all inc. So 5,999 sounds right. We wet tested the 400 series w/. the lounger and it was great, but too pricey for us.

Do you have a Sundance dealer nearby? If so you might want to take a look. We're leaning toward an Optima which is higher end, but they make several different lines and the spas are very high quality. And I did not float in the Optima like I did in the Hot Springs. I found I could not stay seated in HS.. think Sundance seats have more depth to the seat.. less flat. Happy shopping! Patty

Actually I was wrong, we liked the J345 best. The J345 is almost the same as the J335 but without the lounger and both were priced at 5995.00.

I couldn't stay seated in the HS either, it was a battle! Thanks for the info, I will check to see if we have Sundance in our area.

Actually I was wrong, we liked the J345 best. The J345 is almost the same as the J335 but without the lounger and both were priced at 5995.00.

I couldn't stay seated in the HS either, it was a battle! Thanks for the info, I will check to see if we have Sundance in our area.

Can't believe I forgot to add.. Sundance is owned by Jacuzzi.

Can't believe I forgot to add.. Sundance is owned by Jacuzzi.

Thanks, I didn't know that Sundance was owned by Jacuzzi. I checked out the web site and the Sundance spas look very nice. One thing I noticed is that Sundance has a 5 yr equipment warranty for only their top of the line and Jacuzzi has 5 yrs for the top two lines. I am going to put them on my list to wet test.

When you are comparing a 3 series Jacuzzi to Hot Spring you are not comparing apples to apples. The 3 series is a step down model of Jacuzzi (thus the price difference). If you want to compare to the Vanguard, you need to compare to the 4 series Jacuzzi. The 4 series is much closer in features and mechanical set up to the Hot Spring line. The 3 series is probably closer to the HS Tiger River line.

We bought the Vanguard buy the way.

• 2 weeks later...