Mustard Algae Or Something Else?

One of my neighbors has an inground plaster pool that went unmaintained for 2 months. He had surgery in March and hasn't been well enough to maintain it. This past week, it turned into a swamp.

He cleaned it all out and refilled the pool. The water is crystal clear now. I confirmed that the water is now balanced, pH around 7.4, TA 80, Calcium Hardness around 300, and the Chlorine is approximately 3 ppm (he says he shocked it 2-3 days ago).

But now he has stains on the bottom of the pool only. I brought over my stainless steel algae brush and we tried brushing them for over an hour with no success. The vertical surfaces look great, they cleaned up easily when brushed the other day. These stains have also accumulated on the plastic surfaces, such as the skimmer, float, and the return ports. I tried scraping at the plastic with my fingernail and was surprised how tough the stain was to remove. It wasn't slimy at all.

The stains are the worst on the shady parts of the pool. Areas that were exposed to the most sunlight have little to no staining. The stains *look* like mustard algae to me. But I've never had mustard algae that couldn't be brushed away. I'm nearly certain his pH and TA were very high when the swamp conditions developed.

Is this Mustard Algae or something else?