Sundance 850 Pump Cycling By Itself

Yes. If you open the control box you will see where they plug in. Try unplugging them one at a time. The spa will still run automated functions, so will still turn on for heat, filter, etc...

The fact that you just changed the heater and filled it tells me you may have gotten a control or circuit board wet. If there is condensation in the display or cracks in the surface of the control or the overlay is coming up you have moisture in the control.

There could also be chewed wire that got wet. 

On 3/28/2020 at 3:23 PM, RDspaguy said:

Yes. If you open the control box you will see where they plug in. Try unplugging them one at a time. The spa will still run automated functions, so will still turn on for heat, filter, etc...

The fact that you just changed the heater and filled it tells me you may have gotten a control or circuit board wet. If there is condensation in the display or cracks in the surface of the control or the overlay is coming up you have moisture in the control.

There could also be chewed wire that got wet. 

I thought it would still turn on for heat and filtration. It's been a few years since I have seen a Sundance, so maybe I am thinking of a different brand.

Was there any sign of water on the board?

Does your spa have 2 controls? IIRC, the auxiliary panel plugs in to a pigtail coming off the main panel plug. Does your main control have any cracks in the surface, especially the buttons, or a foggy spot in the display?

It is probably one of your control panels. I stress probably. That is an expensive part for a maybe. If there are any of the telltale signs above I would be more confident, but not being there, I can only go off of the info you give me.

On 8/22/2018 at 11:36 AM, LastO said:

Also I had this problem on my 2003 Sundanece 850. In my case the #2 pump would come on in the middle of the night and run off and on all night long. I unplugged the black coated ribbon cable that connects in to J7.  That is the ribbon cable that connects the small, far side, 3 button controller.  This cured my problem.

have you tried this?

• 1 year later...
On 2/13/2012 at 12:14 PM, JAMES THE HOT TUB GUY said:

I am only trying to help them i have too many questions to ask and i dont have the time to respond to every little thing by this site go back and look at all the responses from people i have tried to help i dont ask for anything in return. I dont like seeing people ripped off by service techs out in the field that dont know what they are doing i have the people email me then i give them my phone number too call me then i help them over the phone i DONT do it to make any type of sale I do it too let people know there are still good hearted people left in AMERICA.

I need your help

Please start your own thread and explain your issues. There are many experienced techs here that are willing to help you out. 

Post up pictures of your controller with the cover off, the wiring diagram which is usually found on the inside of the cover and your equipment area IF you have any sort of error code, flashing lights, no power, etc. If it's a water chemistry issue, post up your numbers. Ph, chorine level, Total alkalinity, calcium hardness, CYA 

Someone will help you out.