Hayward Superpump Leaks

Hayward Superpump SP2607x10

I thought leak was from Seal Plate 13.

I replaced Housing Seal 12, but it still leaks.

Please see diagram:

Hayward%20Pool%20Pump%20Diagram.jpg

I now see the leak is between Seal Plate 13 and Motor Mounting Plate 14, so I suspect the Seal Assembly 11. I don't want to buy anything more than is necessary, so do you think I would also have to replace either the Impeller 10 or Seal Plate 13?

I have the same pump, and I am experiencing a major leak. It is leaking almost a foot in 24 hours. But, it only leaks when the pump is running. We experienced this last year, too. We replaced the seals and it fixed it. We looked at the seals this year, but they look fine. We have looked around the pool and at the pipe where the backwash flows from, but can find no leaks. (We didn't find any last year either). Does anyone have any ideas???

George...how much is yours leaking??

Thanks,

Christie

Thank you so much for your responses.

I will examine the Seal Assembly.

Can one visually determine if the Seal Assembly is the cause of the leak? Does it have to be broken or cracked, or will simple wear be the cause.

I'll also check the Seal Plate for cracks.

Crittie: small leak. Maybe a light 8" circle around the pump housing, which drains to lawn. Only occurs when pump is on.

I just want to add that the ceramic side of the 'sealing plate' part of the assembly should be towards the impeller!! (I've seen the rubber side there a few times)

As a general rule, take pictures, or make notes on the position of seal assemblies when you replace them yourself - if you put these things in 'backwards' they will not do their job!

Crittie, as your seal should still be fine, do you have a multiport which may be leaking to the backwash/ waste line while the pool is running? If all your missing water is coming out under the pump, part of the housing may be cracked :(

I just want to add that the ceramic side of the 'sealing plate' part of the assembly should be towards the impeller!! (I've seen the rubber side there a few times)

As a general rule, take pictures, or make notes on the position of seal assemblies when you replace them yourself - if you put these things in 'backwards' they will not do their job!

So noted. Will do. Thank you.

Update:

I got a GO-KIT 3 from Pinch-A-Penny which consisted of all the gaskets and the Seal Assembly for $31. I carefully installed it and no more leak :D

Thanks again for your help. Forums are so helpful.

Has anyone discovered how to pull up just your own posts?

Update:

I got a GO-KIT 3 from Pinch-A-Penny which consisted of all the gaskets and the Seal Assembly for $31. I carefully installed it and no more leak :D

Thanks again for your help. Forums are so helpful.

Has anyone discovered how to pull up just your own posts?

George, the best I've been able to figure out is to pull up your own user profile and there is an option to check for posts - I don't know if it covers all of them or just the most recent... it's better than nothing.

Glad you got the leak fixed!!

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem, I got the GO-KIT 3 but I can't figure out how to assemble the seals. When I try the propeler is very tight and it does not rotate very easily. Any ideas what I could be doing wrong? Greatly appriciate any help. Does any one a have a picutre of what should the seal setup look like with the spring seal, ceramic seal and the slinger.

Thanks,

Jakub